ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon s top reciever

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
Kicked off team. Darren Covington ,Oregon s top receiver was kicked off the team due to a DUI arrest

Kicked off team. Darren Covington ,Oregon s top receiver was kicked off the team due to a DUI arrest

Darren "Covington" has yet to catch a pass at Oregon, so I doubt this will have much of an impact ...

Well another player who will not play a down for the ducks. Evidently the kid got homesick and will transfer to another university. How to lose one season of eligibility very quickly.. He was the 10th rates DT last year.

Well another player who will not play a down for the ducks. Evidently the kid got homesick and will transfer to another university. How to lose one season of eligibility very quickly.. He was the 10th rates DT last year.
He's a true freshman. He is not losing a season of eligibility. This year, where ever he ends up, will be a redshirt year.

That didn't take long. One year of tuition down the drain. Pretty expensive mistake for the young man.

Not expensive at all. He will transfer to another school and redshirt. The new school will pay for his schooling just like Oregon paid for the spring quarter/semester earlier this year.

Oregon has had more than their share of these. Everybody gets some, but my anecdotal memory suggests that this has gone on for a long time in Eugene, at a somewhat greater rate than most PAC schools. Hey, maybe my memory is wrong...but I don't think so.

UCLA has a soft culture. Utah has a blue collar culture. SC has a culture of privilege. Oregon's culture has always been permissive, too prone to believe their press clippings, and they seem to get more than their share of high maintenance kids. Some of the PAC schools are hard to characterize.

Just to throw it out there, I perceive WSU's culture under Leach to be hard working but occasionally prone to over-confidence, which is why we sometimes stumble against lesser competition. We seem to play to the level of our competition. That is fine against good teams, but it can drive you nuts against lesser teams.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT