ADVERTISEMENT

Oregonian/OregonLive trying too hard

Glad Cougar

Hall Of Fame
Apr 2, 2003
Aberdeen SD
UO Duck recruiting beat writer Andrew Nemec is working overtime to try and recapture the exciting constant recruiting news that seems to dominate the Oregonian/OregonLive the past couple of years. After all the glowing stories, prior to Cristobal bolting to Miami, of UO beating out other national schools for the very best players in America, the Ducks have fallen from a #5 ranked recruiting class to #65 in a matter of weeks. Well, apparently they are recapturing that recruiting magic with the big news that former Cougar backup kicker Andrew Boyle is committed to being a Duck. Good luck to Boyle, I don't have a reason to be critical of the kid, but he simply got beat out by Janikowski and even Lucas Dunker for kickoffs. They make it sound like they've landed a 5-star kicker. No doubt, UO will recapture their recruiting prowess, but I"m not sure nabbing Andrew Boyle is worthy of a stand alone article in the state's biggest media outlet.

Andrew Boyle to the Ducks

Glad Cougar

UO Duck recruiting beat writer Andrew Nemec is working overtime to try and recapture the exciting constant recruiting news that seems to dominate the Oregonian/OregonLive the past couple of years. After all the glowing stories, prior to Cristobal bolting to Miami, of UO beating out other national schools for the very best players in America, the Ducks have fallen from a #5 ranked recruiting class to #65 in a matter of weeks. Well, apparently they are recapturing that recruiting magic with the big news that former Cougar backup kicker Andrew Boyle is committed to being a Duck. Good luck to Boyle, I don't have a reason to be critical of the kid, but he simply got beat out by Janikowski and even Lucas Dunker for kickoffs. They make it sound like they've landed a 5-star kicker. No doubt, UO will recapture their recruiting prowess, but I"m not sure nabbing Andrew Boyle is worthy of a stand alone article in the state's biggest media outlet.

Andrew Boyle to the Ducks

Glad Cougar
Boyle actually won the job going into last season, but he got injured right before the first game. When he got healthy, Janikowski had entrenched himself already.

We are about to see how committed Knight is to winning a national title. If a kid chooses somewhere other than Oregon it isn’t going to be because there were more NIL dollars somewhere else. Name another school that can offer a bigger shoe deal than Nike???

We are about to see how committed Knight is to winning a national title. If a kid chooses somewhere other than Oregon it isn’t going to be because there were more NIL dollars somewhere else. Name another school that can offer a bigger shoe deal than Nike???
Shoe yes, but lots of other $NIL categories.

I'm happy with Janikowski but there's nothing wrong with a kicker that can't get a field goal through the uprights from 72 yards out. I can see why Oregon liked him.

Boyle will be the best Kicker Oregon has had in years, their fans should be excited.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT