ADVERTISEMENT

OSU vs WSU gamethread

Many of you are brutal and I don't understand it at all. Falk has been one of the best QB's ever to play at WSU. You guys act like he hasn't won games.
This play isn't going to win a single game against a top half P12 opponent. That is what the fretting is about.

honestly I dont mind. He needs to iron out the kinks. Its clear that he is finally getting on the same page as his outside receivers.
I'd rather do everything possible to score as many points as possible. That's kind of the point of football. You want to iron out the kinks you do it in practice. You don't throw it 40 straight times in a game that's still a game just to work on your passing game.

Many of you are brutal and I don't understand it at all. Falk has been one of the best QB's ever to play at WSU. You guys act like he hasn't won games.

Because I care about his ability to lead us to wins NOW not the last two seasons. He hasn't been playing very well this season (better today), so the criticism is deserved. I really like Falk. I hope he keeps figuring it out and he leads us to our third straight bowl game. But I'm not willing to let him stink up the place and cost us wins just because of all the amazing performances he's had in the past. That's the past. This is now.

I just want a better, more balanced and unpredictable offense and better clock management. Those are my Falk concerns.

"doesn't have film out there showing he's an impressive pass rusher..."

WSU football, making bottom dwellers look like world beaters since 2012

Falk needs to be benched . Another QB would have two more scores. Falk looking ok against a bad team with short stuff.

Okay, this game is over.
Put in the subs.
Hlinski gets more reps
Save those guys who got banged up a bit

One more thing- try running straight ahead once in a while instead of a horizontal run. Sure a quick hitter gets a minimum of 4 yards if most teams are playing a 3 man front.

Reactions: earldacoug
I'd like for Falk's night to be over... but something tells me that's not Leach's style. I'd like to see Tyler get some reps.

I just want Falk to watch that 3rd and 22 throw about 500 times. Everyone in the world knew where he had to throw it and he drilled one in stride to Martin between two defenders. We all know he can make that type of a throw consistently he just needs to know it.

The QB did not slide feet first. He is a ball carrier. Thompson did not lead with his head. He did not launch himself. That is not targeting, nor should it have been a penalty.

I can deal with the flag at full speed. But I don't expect an ejection/suspension off that, it was a pretty clean hit1

Don't think it was targeting
I don't either the qb ducked but his shoulder hit him right in the head. No way he could have done that differently unless he pulled up. But the way the rules work they almost certainly will eject him. Unlucky.

I don't either the qb ducked but his shoulder hit him right in the head. No way he could have done that differently unless he pulled up. But the way the rules work they almost certainly will eject him. Unlucky.

Call reversed. No targeting

The QB did not slide feet first. He is a ball carrier. Thompson did not lead with his head. He did not launch himself. That is not targeting, nor should it have been a penalty.
i'm not even sure his shoulder hit his head. i'm super concerned for luden. i think it could be a neck thing. it looked like the contact was right below his head and his head snapped around hard.

Man nobody likes to see that. I hope that kid's gonna be ok. Glad to see a thumbs up on the way off.

Hlinski in
Finally the backups.

Horizontal running still not working.

Ok Tyler.....keep it going.

Hillinski is going to be fun to watch. He is really good. He may even pull it on the zone read every once in a while!

That said glad Luke righted the ship today. Hopefully even more progress next week. He's going to need to have a game against SC

ADVERTISEMENT