ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Seahawks game yesterday

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
Mentioned in another thread, but was up in Seattle for a second horrible defensive showing in as many days - yea me!

Anyway, a couple of take aways:

The PA announcer has a very catchy phrase he uses: "And that's another Seahawk - " after which the crowd yells "first down." I'm thinking we should do something like this at Martin... oh wait.

Joey Belladonna of Anthrax sang the national anthem and killed it.

Geno and Cam give me weekly ptsd of each other's performances.

Someone was mentioning the large screen at SOFI; I actually like that Lumen doesn't have large, distracting screens. I watch the action on the field more instead of a stupid screen. When I go to Moda to watch the Blazers, even in the 100 section, I find myself staring at that stupid large screen for way too much of the game.

Last edited:
Mentioned in another thread, but was up in Seattle for a second defensive showing in as many days - yea me!

The PA announcer has a very catchy phrase he uses: "And that's another Seahawk - " after which the crowd yells "first down." I'm thinking we should do something like this at Martin... oh wait.

Someone was mentioning the large screen at SOFI; I actually like that Lumen doesn't have large, distracting screens. I watch the action on the field more instead of a stupid screen. When I go to Moda to watch the Blazers, even in the 100 section, I find myself staring at that stupid large screen for way too much of the game.
The Moda screen is tiny compared to most of the NBA now, too.

I've only been to Blazers games the past couple of years, only for the free ticket. Ain't watching until they have a new HC.

Mentioned in another thread, but was up in Seattle for a second horrible defensive showing in as many days - yea me!

Joey Belladonna of Anthrax sang the national anthem and killed it.

I'd be funny if he screwed that one up and actually said "that's a another Cougar". Does WSU have patent rights?

I'd be funny if he screwed that one up and actually said "that's a another Cougar". Does WSU have patent rights?
Not sure, and I'd hate to say that that phrase it "ours", since nearly everything is borrowed anymore.

Anyone recall when Glenn started saying that particular phrase? I was there in 95/96 and it was a thing then.

The Seahawks have been doing that for a while now, like 10+ years at least, but definitely started it long after WSU did.

That said, nearly every stadium has a variation of it now.

The Seahawks have been doing that for a while now, like 10+ years at least, but definitely started it long after WSU did.

Thats about how long its been since I've been to a game. Didn't realize it had been that long until actually going yesterday.

University of Arizona does it. Don't remember if the Beavs do, but they sure do a lot of other annoying stuff over the PA system.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT