ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UPDATE: Stroke 12 months ago. Now about 73% recovered, employed, etc.

mikalalas

Hall Of Fame
Feb 26, 2007
Hey all, I'm just giving a update.

12 months ago I had a Stroke. I have recovered about 73%, and can almost run(running stride keeps breaking down into a half jog, half skip, half fast walk that causes me to stumble a little(I'll get there).

I am riding a bike, and had my first day at work at Dollar Tree, setting store up, stocking it, getting it ready to open Sept 1st.

I am also going thru counseling.

Immediately after my stroke, 12 months ago, I went to some dark places, depression, etc.

But I had a support system network, and I reached out for help, and got help from others, including some of you here.

I didn't quit, didn't give up, kept going, etc.

And Wazzu Watch, and you all was one of many outlets, I plugged into.

Thank you for that. I know that I can be annoying at times, and a couple, few, some, sometimes ignore me. But that's ok. None of us is perfect and that includes me.

And I have EXTREME VERY HIGH functioning Autism, ADHD, etc, and am going thru a divorce, and my 2 daughter's moved to Phoenix Arizona. So that is why the way I am.

Because of what I am surviving, I have realized that what I have survived so far, may give others hope that are going what I went thru.

Because of that, I want to help inspire, uplift, help give them that hope.

So to do that, I thought I might do a VLOGG on You Tube, etc, about me, what I went thru, and what I am doing now, and keep it brutally honest etc.

This is not to toot my own horn, and it could be HARD to do, and I don't know how to do this.

But I am willing to try.

I was wondering if MI Coug, who has the Podcast Coug, who might have the know how, and others who have the know how might be willing to help me, teach me how to do a Vlog.

I'll listen, try to learn, be teachable, etc.

Also this may or may not help me to make money down the road, to help provide a better income, since I have now just barely started work, and been on social security the last year after my stroke 12 months ago

If M.I. Coug or any of you want to contact me in private on, about this, doing this, I'm willing to share my Facebook messenger email, etc, in private.

But not sure how to do that here, or even if possible here.

If not possible here, maybe I can talk at a WSU home football game, if I have that day off.

I want to do that before I move to Phoenix, Arizona, to be closer to my daughter's who live there, in about 6.5 to 20 months, after I save up enough money.

Hopefully I can Transfer my Dollar Tree Job to the Dollar Tree Store in Phoenix, Arizona.

Sorry for the length, and if this disrupts the Football board.

That's why I don't go do a off topic thread, post, comment, don't do that very often.

Thanks for your time in reading this.

And thanks to any who might help me to do the Vlog.

12 months ago I had a Stroke. I have recovered about 73%, and can almost run(running stride keeps breaking down into a half jog, half skip, half fast walk that causes me to stumble a little(I'll get there).

I am riding a bike, and had my first day at work at Dollar Tree, setting store up, stocking it, getting it ready to open Sept 1st.

Immediately after my stroke, 12 months ago, I went to some dark places, depression, etc.

But I had a support system network, and I reached out for help, and got help from others, including some of you here.

Thank you for that. I know that I can be annoying at times, and a couple, few, some, sometimes ignore me. But that's ok. None of us is perfect and that includes me.

And I have EXTREME VERY HIGH functioning Autism, ADHD, etc, and am going thru a divorce, and my 2 daughter's moved to Phoenix Arizona. So that is why the way I am.

Because of what I am surviving, I have realized that what I have survived so far, may give others hope that are going what I went thru.

So to do that, I thought I might do a VLOGG on You Tube, etc, about me, what I went thru, and what I am doing now, and keep it brutally honest etc.

This is not to toot my own horn, and it could be HARD to do, and I don't know how to do this.

But I am willing to try.

I was wondering if MI Coug, who has the Podcast Coug, who might have the know how, and others who have the know how might be willing to help me, teach me how to do a Vlog.

Also this may or may not help me to make money down the road, to help provide a better income, since I have now just barely started work, and been on social security the last year after my stroke 12 months ago

If M.I. Coug or any of you want to contact me in private on, about this, doing this, I'm willing to share my Facebook messenger email, etc, in private.

If not possible here, maybe I can talk at a WSU home football game, if I have that day off.

I want to do that before I move to Phoenix, Arizona, to be closer to my daughter's who live there, in about 6.5 to 20 months, after I save up enough money.

Hopefully I can Transfer my Dollar Tree Job to the Dollar Tree Store in Phoenix, Arizona.

That's why I don't go do a off topic thread, post, comment, don't do that very often.

Hi Mik....I've always enjoyed your posts over the years. Happy to connect. You can reach me at via contact info at https://podcastcoug.com

But I am willing to try.

Keep fighting the good fight, Mik.
As Lennon once said... "Life is what happens to us while we're making other plans"

But I am willing to try.

You aren’t annoying Mik, everyone here has their own personalities even though you don’t see the faces. You are a unique dude and this board wouldn’t be the same without you. I enjoy your perspective and detailed analysis even though I can’t always read your posts top to bottom 😉. Keep up the good fight, you’ve certainly been through a lot.

You aren’t annoying Mik, everyone here has their own personalities even though you don’t see the faces. You are a unique dude and this board wouldn’t be the same without you. I enjoy your perspective and detailed analysis even though I can’t always read your posts top to bottom 😉. Keep up the good fight, you’ve certainly been through a lot.
Thanks

mik - be well. You have encountered two of life's most devastating events - a divorce and a major health issue. And you're still here so keep going.

If you are so inclined, follow positive people on social media (get off social media altogether is probably best) - but guys like Gary V will fill your mind with positivity.

Read this book too: https://www.audiobooksnow.com/audio...993/?msclkid=2cbe9334778b14b59a4ff032407db7e9

But I am willing to try.

That's really some stuff Mik! Awesome you want to share your story and maybe help others. In doing so....you may further help yourself. You have a lion's heart Mik...ya really do!

That's really some stuff Mik! Awesome you want to share your story and maybe help others. In doing so....you may further help yourself. You have a lion's heart Mik...ya really do!
That's a ton on your plate. Most important thing take care of yourself and make sure you are in constant contact with your daughter....

Mik, those on the spectrum seem to usually develop some skills to offset the blind spots and emotional roller coasters. You appear to have done so. As you know, a stroke adds a lot of complications, even if you fully recover, and you are battling through that. A divorce alone would be devastating, particularly with children involved. You have the misfortune of having to deal with all of that at once. Counseling is a real plus; I did that 7-8 years ago, and wish that I had done it 10 years earlier. I learned a lot about myself and I suspect that you will, too. Certain aspects of my life are a lot easier since I learned those things, and I have the same hope for you.

Ultimately, only you can choose whether to let the B**tards grind you down, or whether you will endure. Enduring is hard work, but has the benefit of giving you a purpose while you recover and move forward. Keep it up! And keep posting. Sometimes I grin at your posts, sometimes I laugh, sometimes I groan, sometimes I get lost in the spread of numbers & percentages, and sometimes I nod in agreement. But I usually read them, so that says something right there.

NIL ILLEGITIMI CARBORUNDUM !!!!

Mik, sending the best your way. Re the vlog, I happened to have found a lot of resources on Stack Social today (stacksocial.com), including a lot of courses on things like blog and web development for free. You may find it of use. Hope things keep getting better.

That's a ton on your plate. Most important thing take care of yourself and make sure you are in constant contact with your daughter....
Yes, I lived in the Phoenix area for 14 years and it's a really good place to be. The only thing better is if I'd have children down there. Constant love and support to you!

Mik, those on the spectrum seem to usually develop some skills to offset the blind spots and emotional roller coasters. You appear to have done so. As you know, a stroke adds a lot of complications, even if you fully recover, and you are battling through that. A divorce alone would be devastating, particularly with children involved. You have the misfortune of having to deal with all of that at once. Counseling is a real plus; I did that 7-8 years ago, and wish that I had done it 10 years earlier. I learned a lot about myself and I suspect that you will, too. Certain aspects of my life are a lot easier since I learned those things, and I have the same hope for you.

Ultimately, only you can choose whether to let the B**tards grind you down, or whether you will endure. Enduring is hard work, but has the benefit of giving you a purpose while you recover and move forward. Keep it up! And keep posting. Sometimes I grin at your posts, sometimes I laugh, sometimes I groan, sometimes I get lost in the spread of numbers & percentages, and sometimes I nod in agreement. But I usually read them, so that says something right there.

NIL ILLEGITIMI CARBORUNDUM !!!!

Thanks

Mik, sending the best your way. Re the vlog, I happened to have found a lot of resources on Stack Social today (stacksocial.com), including a lot of courses on things like blog and web development for free. You may find it of use. Hope things keep getting better.

Thanks and thanks for the link, info, etc.

Yes, I lived in the Phoenix area for 14 years and it's a really good place to be. The only thing better is if I'd have children down there. Constant love and support to you!

Thanks. The Cactus are nice, as I have visited Phoenix once years, decade+ before.And Grand Canyon, etc, is on bucket list.

But the scorpions, and the flat, hot, arid, tree less, no mountains, wasteland, etc, not looking forward to, and I'll miss the Northwest, trees, mountains, etc, a lot.

But .it's worth it to be closer to my daughter. Saving up $175+ a month, at minimum, to be able to have enough money to move there.

And my STCU savings account that pays about 3,4,5,6% interest, if my savings account is about $500 to $1000 helps to, as well as my new job.

But I am willing to try.

Mik,
Hope it might have been a bit therapeutic for you to post and share everything you have been dealing with. You certainly have been hit with much more than your share, but glad to see that you are trying hard to buck up and get through everything. Best wishes for you on that.

I lost my wife of 37 years back in July of 2020. I am always glad to admit that I "married up", as she was a much better person than me. She had a heart of gold, and although I knew she was a special person, I was surprised to learn from several folks after she passed just how much she had touched their lives. Just doesn't seem right now to not have her around any more. There are some tough days......

Something that was a big help for me was having some friends that reached out to provide support, always checking up on me. So good to have, and I hope you have some friends like that also. Old friends are good to have. Here is a link to a great song about old friends. Just listened to it a couple days ago on my itunes. It ALWAYS brings tears to my eyes, as listening to it without the accompanying video really makes you think instead of watching.

As always, good luck to a good Coug!

Mik,
Hope it might have been a bit therapeutic for you to post and share everything you have been dealing with. You certainly have been hit with much more than your share, but glad to see that you are trying hard to buck up and get through everything. Best wishes for you on that.

I lost my wife of 37 years back in July of 2020. I am always glad to admit that I "married up", as she was a much better person than me. She had a heart of gold, and although I knew she was a special person, I was surprised to learn from several folks after she passed just how much she had touched their lives. Just doesn't seem right now to not have her around any more. There are some tough days......

Something that was a big help for me was having some friends that reached out to provide support, always checking up on me. So good to have, and I hope you have some friends like that also. Old friends are good to have. Here is a link to a great song about old friends. Just listened to it a couple days ago on my itunes. It ALWAYS brings tears to my eyes, as listening to it without the accompanying video really makes you think instead of watching.

Thanks

mik - be well. You have encountered two of life's most devastating events - a divorce and a major health issue. And you're still here so keep going.

If you are so inclined, follow positive people on social media (get off social media altogether is probably best) - but guys like Gary V will fill your mind with positivity.

Read this book too: https://www.audiobooksnow.com/audio...993/?msclkid=2cbe9334778b14b59a4ff032407db7e9
I've been into Andrew Huberman lately. Good stuff.

Reactions: TrumpCoug
Mik,
I'd recommend putting something down on paper and deciding or figuring out what you want to do exactly. Maybe pick out someone you find online and emulate them.

You could do something as easy and straight forward as making short videos for Instagram (reels) or Tiktok. Youtube even has a short video format now. These would be an easier way to dip your toe into the waters, making short videos with a helpful hint or life lesson or whatever it is you decide you want to do.

Long format, youtube is pretty straight forward and you could use a decent phone to make that content.

Podcasting is a different beast, but I feel like there is a higher barrier to entry -more equipment, editing, having a coherent and logical show format.

Reactions: TrumpCoug
Mik,
I'd recommend putting something down on paper and deciding or figuring out what you want to do exactly. Maybe pick out someone you find online and emulate them.

You could do something as easy and straight forward as making short videos for Instagram (reels) or Tiktok. Youtube even has a short video format now. These would be an easier way to dip your toe into the waters, making short videos with a helpful hint or life lesson or whatever it is you decide you want to do.

Long format, youtube is pretty straight forward and you could use a decent phone to make that content.

Podcasting is a different beast, but I feel like there is a higher barrier to entry -more equipment, editing, having a coherent and logical show format.

Thank you, I think your short video idea, is good, especially with my current work schedule.

I was thinking about doing videos like the Fathering Autism format, but not about specifically being a parent of a autistic child, but about raising awareness of what autism is, what autistic people go thru, how to deal with autistic people, what I as a autistic person have gone thru, stroke awareness, how to prevent strokes, how to deal with people who have had strokes, how to endure, not get depressed, how to overcome depression, how to not give up, how to have helping friends and family, etc, how to ask for and receive help, how to have hope, how to help those who have autism, stroke, depression, those going thru divorces, been divorced, tell about me, my story, my 3 year old autistic daughter, suggestions on parenting a autistic daughter,etc.

I also love to sing karaoke videos, and am pretty ok. I Sang Say Something at the Riddler Piano Bar in Spokane(non karaoke), a duet between me and a professional piano player, that brought the house down with thunderous applause. I also like Origami, and would like to do how to videos on origami. I also like Dancing. I used to teach people how to dance. I would like to do dance teaching videos. I also like DJing. I have DJed about 17 church, community, school, wedding, etc, all combined together dances. I would like to do DJ videos. I like playing strategy, fantasy board games, strategy, fantasy computer, video, pen and paper, etc, roleplaying, RPG games. I a RPG gamer, and would like to do let's play Skyrim(insert game), an or Video Walkthroughs.

I could do shorter videos on some stuff, until I got my feet wet, practice, get experience, use your and others help, tips, info, knowledge, etc, until can do longer videos, and learn how to do video editing, etc.

Thanks for your suggestions, tips, etc.

Mik,

But I am willing to try.

Mi

But I am willing to try.

Mik

Tough times don't last tough people do!! You have a great support group here; we are family and like most families we dont' agree on everything, can get on each others nerves and at times fur will fly. Keep focused on your recovery and don't hesitate to call me if/when I can ever be of help. Check your inbox for my phone number.

TC

Mik,

Love also

Mik,

Mi

Mik

Tough times don't last tough people do!! You have a great support group here; we are family and like most families we dont' agree on everything, can get on each others nerves and at times fur will fly. Keep focused on your recovery and don't hesitate to call me if/when I can ever be of help. Check your inbox for my phone number.

TC

Thanks. There is a inbox we all have at this site? How do I access it?

That's good for you that you like Simon and Garfunkel, but while I am neutral to that, I prefer stuff like Nothing Else Matter's from Metallica(not a fan, love the song), It's my life from Bon Jovi, Something to Believe in by Poison, If I close my eyes Forever, by Lita and Oz, Silent Lucidity by Queenryche, Creep, Sacrifice by Creed, In the End by Linkin Park, Sister Christian, Night Ranger, Def Leppard, Scorpions, AC/DC, Ratt, Great White, White Snake, Europe, Twister Sister, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, , Warrant, Winger, Slaughter, Journey, Foreigner, Skid Row, Van Halen, White lion, 3 doors down, Steelheart, Firehouse, aka, power rock, arena rock, hard rock, buttrock, hairband rock, glam metal.

Semi new stuff, Something just like this, Chainsmokers, Coldplay, Thunder by Imagine dragons.

Favorite dance song Titanium.

Great semi somewhat semi newer Song by Kesha, And a Singer from Seattle, called Good Ole Days. Highly recommend it.

But I am willing to try.

Hey Mik, you've been one of my favorite posters. The passion you have is amazing.

You've been through some really stressful times. Life is rough and full of sadness and a sense of the brokenness in the world.

May God bless you and help you get through these times, while maintaining a heart of humility and gratefulness.

Hey Mik, you've been one of my favorite posters. The passion you have is amazing.

You've been through some really stressful times. Life is rough and full of sadness and a sense of the brokenness in the world.

May God bless you and help you get through these times, while maintaining a heart of humility and gratefulness.

Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT