ADVERTISEMENT

Our receivers have to get stronger....Not sure

CougEd

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
they improved this year. Look at Ward's last throw to Ollie in the endzone in the second quarter. If that was an Arizona receiver I believe they would have come down with it. That would have made it 31-28 going into halftime.

Nunnally has to soften up his hands and get physically stronger. Peters could be good, but they as a group need to improve.

they improved this year. Look at Ward's last throw to Ollie in the endzone in the second quarter. If that was an Arizona receiver I believe they would have come down with it. That would have made it 31-28 going into halftime.

Nunnally has to soften up his hands and get physically stronger. Peters could be good, but they as a group need to improve.
This is college, everyone’s got to get better every year. I don’t think this group was the best at going up for jump balls or blowing the top off the coverage. But they had some damn good blocking and played pretty physical. If there’s one thing it seems like they need to work on it’s the scramble drill. I think ward scrambles too much but as a receiver with a QB like that you have to constantly be tracking back to the ball and make yourself a target.

This is college, everyone’s got to get better every year. I don’t think this group was the best at going up for jump balls or blowing the top off the coverage. But they had some damn good blocking and played pretty physical. If there’s one thing it seems like they need to work on it’s the scramble drill. I think ward scrambles too much but as a receiver with a QB like that you have to constantly be tracking back to the ball and make yourself a target.
They don't do two of the things necessary to have a functioning passing game. The throw to Ollie would have been caught by a top half of the conference receiver.

Seems Victor dropped off a bit this year. Expected big things. Could be wrong about that tho.

Well, those two are both RS freshmen.

Every position group needs to improve. Just sayin.

Smithson. Ferrel wasn’t a surprise. He was recruited to contribute. Smithson is a true freshman. A high school QB last year. His emergence benched Victor.
Ferrel had a helluva year. He's not a Senior I hope. Cracraft, etc. reincarnated.

I believe this is his last year. He's fun to watch.
Yeah he was involved in the senior day festivities. Bummer he doesn’t have another year, he really helped get the offense going when he came back from the early season injury. Made some great plays in the AC and was so close to hauling in that ball he went horizontal for.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT