ADVERTISEMENT

Outside Wrs all leaving....

ShockandAweWSU

Head Coach
Feb 20, 2018
Stribling...gone.....Ollie...gone....Anderson Grover....gone....CJ Dimes....gone....

Maybe it's not just a Cougar Collective Problem. Yes I donate, but if your wr coach can't relate to his players and can't recruit portal players....you have a bigger problem. We are down to Smithson and Nunnaly. As of now our 2023 starting wrs. Might be cheaper to hire a guy like Pat McCann then use all of our collective to persuade players to come play here.

Victor, Ollie and Stribling all were fine the previous year. Perhaps Ward and Morris are more to blame. Who knows??

Victor, Ollie and Stribling all were fine the previous year. Perhaps Ward and Morris are more to blame. Who knows??

Different schemes for diff kids.

I thought MB was fine between the tackles in what little reps he got in the air raid run scheme. In the run and shoot there are those that hated his carries between the tackles.

You have 4 years to play college football. There is absolutely no reason any player should invest in a scheme that doesn’t fit their skillset. They should move on to a better opportunity and let the school move on to a different player. No harm, no foul.

Reactions: Cougini5591
[
Shock, check out these below. I'd argue they struggled this year with the drops due to being featured more and they just weren't overall that consistent and in my view they were soft. Remember, 80% of last years receptions went to two small slot WR's (Jackson Jr & Harris). Also, Ward's arm strength vs. deLaura's was significant and Victor got beat out by Ferrel.... rightly so. And in no world was Anderson Grover anything higher than a D2 WR.

2022 Stats
Stribling - 51 catches 602 yds 5 TDs
Ollie - 43 catches 491 yds 3 TDs
Victor - 26 catches 245 yds 0 TDs

2021 Stats
Stribling - 44 catches 471 yds 5 TDs
Ollie - 26 catches 301 yds 1 TD
Victor - 22 catches 296 yds 2 TDs

There is a big difference between being a top performer and leaving for money as opposed to being a questionable performer who simply thinks that the grass is greener elsewhere. We do not have a single WR who left or is leaving that could not be replaced by someone who can catch a ball that he can reach with both hands. Making the catch is the most important thing. Being where the QB expects him to be is second most important. After that, things like height, speed, and all the extra stuff is nice. But if they can't do the first two things, they are not going to find a better place where they land on the other side of the portal. And none (none) of the guys leaving could be counted on to do those first two things consistently for several games in a row. We've had a lot of guys over the years who could be counted upon to do that, but the guys who are leaving could not. I'd be worried if I were them that a new OC might bring a couple of guys, or maybe promote a couple of freshman from this year, who could do those two things.

Watch the end of the last play before the half of the apple cup. Ball throw to the end zone....if we had Dorian Singer he catches that ball. Many WR don't let the ball through their hands over their head. That catch makes it 31-28 instead of kicking the fg and being down 28-27

Is Paul Wulff available? One could make a 'value' argument for $/win at this point
Actually, if that’s our perspective we should talk to Doba. We paid him about $75K per win. We paid Wulff $266K/win. And we know Doba’s available.

Reactions: HCoug
Actually, if that’s our perspective we should talk to Doba. We paid him about $75K per win. We paid Wulff $266K/win. And we know Doba’s available.
I'm open-minded but I'd like to get that number down even more. Instead of air travel, we'll have the guys ride on old International buses with no heat or AC like Chubby Checker. We'll have Washington State Corrections take over catering duties, and bring in Planet Fitness for strength and conditioning

I'm open-minded but I'd like to get that number down even more. Instead of air travel, we'll have the guys ride on old International buses with no heat or AC like Chubby Checker. We'll have Washington State Corrections take over catering duties, and bring in Planet Fitness for strength and conditioning
And we can recruit new players from the California Penal League.

Does Adam Sandler have any eligibility remaining?

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
ADVERTISEMENT