ADVERTISEMENT

P5 offers

etowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Apr 15, 2018
I'm bored coming off a bye week so I decided to go through the roster and see which scholarship players didn't have a P5 offer before coming here.

QB: Anthony Gordon (JuCo), Trey Tinsley (JuCo, walk on). Fairly sure Gage Gubrud was offered by Utah as well.
RB: Clay Markoff (walk on)
WR: Easop Winston, Renard Bell, Brandon Arcanado (walk on), Billy Pospisil
OL: Liam Ryan, Josh Watson, Jarrett Kingston, Brian Greene (walk on), Ma'ake Fifiti
DL: Dallas Hobbes, Karson Block (walk on), Tristen Brock (walk on), Misi Pei, Nicholas Sheetz
LB: Jahad Woods, Justus Rogers, Hank Pladson (walk on), Dillon Sherman (walk on)
N: Armani Marsh (walk on), Patrick Nunn, Damion Lee
CB: Derrick Langford, Daniel Isom, George Hicks, Shahman Moore
S: Skyler Thomas, Chad Davis

Reactions: ATACFD
My first thought is the offense has a couple more guys on the list than I thought, but our offense is loaded with guys who were seen as P5 talent out of high school. They guys who are on the depth chart are keeping some talented players off.

The defense speaks for itself in light of our struggles this year.

Reactions: walzuu and kougkurt
I wouldn't include walkons-every d1 team has a walkon program and since they aren't given a scholarship they cant be considered a "miss" or poorly evaluated player. Its misleading.

Last edited:
My first thought is the offense has a couple more guys on the list than I thought, but our offense is loaded with guys who were seen as P5 talent out of high school. They guys who are on the depth chart are keeping some talented players off.

The defense speaks for itself in light of our struggles this year.

The defensive struggles mirror the lack of talent plus the attrition it has had on the dline.

Reactions: earldacoug
I wouldn't include walkons-every d1 team has a walkon program and since they aren't given a scholarship they cant be considered a "miss" or poorly evaluated player. Its misleading.

It's important information, not to cast a negative light on them, but to paint a picture of talent. And if I left them off, I'd be accused of ignoring their contributions.

The walk ons show what is possible from recruits we can collect without using a scholarship on. Leach has been pretty good at finding contributors at who begin their careers as walk ons. We are just bringing in a few kids this year on scholarship who would be great walk ons.

I dont see anyone in the 2020 class that should be a walkon based on what we already have on the roster. They actually look like an upgrade over what we already have.

I dont see anyone in the 2020 class that should be a walkon based on what we already have on the roster. They actually look like an upgrade over what we already have.

Signing day is always the time for optimism. If these guys all max out their potential, then yes, it's going to be a special class. The same can be said of any recruiting class. Many of the players on this years roster who are driving this board crazy were given glowing reviews on signing day.

Should be pointed out, a lot of those guys had offers from Boise, Fresno, Nevada and SDSU. If we're being honest, that's not really THAT different then having an OSU, Zona or Colorado offer.

Reactions: froropmkr72
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT