ADVERTISEMENT

Pac-12 Championship Game Thread

I don’t think I’m alone amongst UW guys who didn’t care about a Rose Bowl that didn’t include a conference championship. Good for Utah.

Reactions: HCoug and M-I-Coug
Anyone watching this postgame. Urban Meyer needs to go coach somewhere else damn that guy is annoying. All he wants to do is talk about himself. What a jackass.

So, back to the bowl discussion…

Unless a miracle happens, USC is losing. But I think USC still gets an NY6 game. Don’t think they’ll fall far enough to be completely out.

There’s really only 1 at large spot this year, with the Fiesta as a CFP site. If there are no other upsets, I think we see Tulane and USC in the Cotton.

They might get shut out of KSU beats TCU, or Clemson loses to UNC. The Cotton would then have to pick between USC, Clemson, and TCU.

The Rose will be Utah/Penn State. Probably Tennessee/Clemson in the Orange, and I think Bama/KSU in the Sugar
Under your scenario, the Cotton Bowl would have to decide against a one loss TCU or a two loss USC and/or Clemson. I think the Frogs are the choice. Also, Tulane needs to beat Central Florida to get the automatic non-P5 New Year's Bowl. Otherwise, UCF goes.

Whatever....it was a joy to see Utah crush USC tonight, even if it costs WSU and other schools a bunch of money. I don't ever want to see those traitors win the conference they are abandoning.

Glad Cougar

Under your scenario, the Cotton Bowl would have to decide against a one loss TCU or a two loss USC and/or Clemson. I think the Frogs are the choice. Also, Tulane needs to beat Central Florida to get the automatic non-P5 New Year's Bowl. Otherwise, UCF goes.

Whatever....it was a joy to see Utah crush USC tonight, even if it costs WSU and other schools a bunch of money. I don't ever want to see those traitors win the conference they are abandoning.

Glad Cougar
That’s been my feeling too. I am really glad Utah beat them and they are no longer part of this conference as far as I am concerned.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz

Glad Cougar
Yup, it was a joy to see sc crash & burn. They deserve what they got from a real PAC-12 school! Thank you Utah !

Glad Cougar
I said that with different words. And now that K State won, I think you’re right - TCU goes to the Cotton ahead of USC. SC gets the Alamo, UW the Holiday. TCU will play the winner of UCF/Tulane.

The Cotton could take USC or Clemson (if they win), but I expect they’ll take the Frogs.

Herbstreit said he thinks TCU stays in the CFP with the loss. Maybe he’s right, but I doubt it. I think we’ll see the first 2-loss non champ make the playoff….and of course it’s Alabama.

Pretty lame teams like Ohio State and Bama benefit by not being in a conference championship. And teams like TCU and USC get penalized for playing an extra game against top 15 competition.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Pretty lame teams like Ohio State and Bama benefit by not being in a conference championship. And teams like TCU and USC get penalized for playing an extra game against top 15 competition.
Based on their performance last night, USC doesn’t deserve a playoff spot.

I wouldn’t have heartburn about TCU keeping theirs - and they might - but I expect them to get punished in favor of a traditional power, namely Alabama

Reactions: HCoug
Not sure why Sonny Dkyes ran the same two slow developing running plays at the goaline when the first one got stuffed and they were close enough to sneak it. Cost them a lot today.

My gut is that TCU stays in. There will be debate, but a two-loss Bama team that pretty clearly isn't a BAMA team of old and didn't even play in its conference's title game is a really tough sell over a 12-1 P5 team that was undefeated going into its title game and lost by a FG in OT to a top-10ish team.

Ohio State probably gets in, though, either at #3 or #4.

Reactions: mikalalas
Well, to be fair....if the Big-10 got rid of divisions like the Pac-12 and Big-12 did, Ohio State would have been in a conference championship game.

Glad Cougar

B
Based on their performance last night, USC doesn’t deserve a playoff spot.

I wouldn’t have heartburn about TCU keeping theirs - and they might - but I expect them to get punished in favor of a traditional power, namely Alabama
But what of they were just 11-1 and didn't play? Does Ohio state deserve a spot for getting dominated by Michigan then not playing?

My gut is that TCU stays in. There will be debate, but a two-loss Bama team that pretty clearly isn't a BAMA team of old and didn't even play in its conference's title game is a really tough sell over a 12-1 P5 team that was undefeated going into its title game and lost by a FG in OT to a top-10ish team.

Ohio State probably gets in, though, either at #3 or #4.
Totally agree. With 2 losses, I'm not sure why Alabama is even in the discussion.....wait, I guess it shouldn't be a mystery.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: mikalalas
Well, to be fair....if the Big-10 got rid of divisions like the Pac-12 and Big-12 did, Ohio State would have been in a conference championship game.

Glad Cougar
Defenitely true. But they didn't get the opportunity to lose so they get a leg up is still weird

Not sure why Sonny Dkyes ran the same two slow developing running plays at the goaline when the first one got stuffed and they were close enough to sneak it. Cost them a lot today.
Those were terrible playcalls. The spot was also bad on 4th down, the ball should have been about an inch away.

Should have taken the FG. It’s still a risk, but at least you force KSU to put it in the end zone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT