ADVERTISEMENT

Paging Mark Rypien. Is Bret

COUGinNCW

Hall Of Fame
Oct 5, 2010
happy at BSU? i know it’s a long shot but assuming he can graduate (he enrolled early and has been going to summer school) he’d be the ideal grad transfer at WSU. He could get a year of film vs PAC 12 defenses for the NFL and if he ever wants to go back to Spokane he could achieve hero status fairly easily.

Make it happen Mark.

happy at BSU? i know it’s a long shot but assuming he can graduate (he enrolled early and has been going to summer school) he’d be the ideal grad transfer at WSU. He could get a year of film vs PAC 12 defenses for the NFL and if he ever wants to go back to Spokane he could achieve hero status fairly easily.

Make it happen Mark.

If I remember right his mom did not want him to play for Leach. Maybe she believed the bad press Leach got went run off at Tech. It would be better than splitting time where he is at.

If I remember right his mom did not want him to play for Leach. Maybe she believed the bad press Leach got went run off at Tech. It would be better than splitting time where he is at.

That's not exactly accurate.

She was mad that Leach wouldn’t hire her brother who was a sucky assistant under Wulff

Reactions: Cougzz
Rypians mom was a WSU Pi Phi back in the mid to late 1970's. She was pissed that her brother Chris Tormey was not retained by Leach when the Wulff staff was fired.

What is ironic about this whole situation is that Bill Moose kept Tormey on the AD staff for another six plus months so he could have twenty years work in with the State of Washington to give him full retirement benefits. Tormey logged a lot of time at the UW as an assistant coach. But still Mama Rypian is pissed at WSU for letter Leach choose his own assistants.

Boise JC can keep little Rypian and his Mama.

Rypians mom was a WSU Pi Phi back in the mid to late 1970's. She was pissed that her brother Chris Tormey was not retained by Leach when the Wulff staff was fired.

What is ironic about this whole situation is that Bill Moose kept Tormey on the AD staff for another six plus months so he could have twenty years work in with the State of Washington to give him full retirement benefits. Tormey logged a lot of time at the UW as an assistant coach. But still Mama Rypian is pissed at WSU for letter Leach choose his own assistants.

That’s not accurate either.

Then what is accurate?

Well, let’s just start with one inaccuracy.

Chris Tormey graduated from GPrep in 1972. His youngest sister graduated from Prep in 1982. So, first of all, not possible for Mrs Rypien to be a Pi Phi in the mid to late 70’s.

And there’s really no reason to go into anything else because the Internet has already decided through urban myth that there’s some bad blood. There isn’t. Leach just got beat in recruiting. So just let it go at that.

What's interesting is that I ran into someone the other day that still thought that Leach locked a kid in a closet to punish him. I was so used to people knowing the whole story that it was baffling to run into someone who didn't have a clue but just knew that Leach was a psycho loon that needed to be fired by Tech.

Rumor has it Leach fired Tormey because Rypian wanted to come here, and he wanted Brett to back out. The plan worked perfectly for Leach as he felt Rypian had poor arm strength. He was forced to go after him to appease the older player crowd.

Rumor has it Leach fired Tormey because Rypian wanted to come here, and he wanted Brett to back out. The plan worked perfectly for Leach as he felt Rypian had poor arm strength. He was forced to go after him to appease the older player crowd.
That doesn’t jive with leach’s comments about wanting accuracy over arm strength

Cougs are also showing some love to Penn State graduate transfer Tommy Stevens

Of all the other stuff that I've read here this is the one that would be a solid (great) pick up .

Really hope for the program and what it is going through that this one somehow happens.

Not that I care one way or another, I for one have never been that impressed with Rypien, but he’s what...21 years old now? If Leach offered it up, can’t he make a decision on his own without his mom?

No she’s mad that Mark Tormey was fired. Rumor has it that if Paule Wulf was still the coach then he would have come. Was probably going to be a QB/S platoon player.

My sourses say that Brett actually wanted to play S/Moneybacker but Mike Leach only tried to recruit him as a safety. Harassin lied to him about defensive opportunity’s and made him play QB only. Unfortunate but that’s how the cheddar crubbels.

I cannot imagine for one second that Leach based an employment decision based on Rypien. Has Leach ever worried about what fans think?

This thread is hilarious. A big thank you from me to all posters. Really cheered me up on this gloomy morning. As long as I am here, do you know that there are alligators living in Pullman's sewers? It's true.

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
The jealousie is palpible when insiders get a better scoop. The Bert Rypian story is a winedy one.

What's interesting is that I ran into someone the other day that still thought that Leach locked a kid in a closet to punish him. I was so used to people knowing the whole story that it was baffling to run into someone who didn't have a clue but just knew that Leach was a psycho loon that needed to be fired by Tech.

There are a lot of people out there who still believe that. Wasn't there a thread on this site recently where some clown linked a story from right after the firing, picture of the shed and everything? And we wonder why CML still has a grudge against TT Admin. Anytime there is a media story about CML that is in the least bit negative, you have a commenter or two throwing that crap out. The Seattle Times is a perfect example.

This is the thing about our internet-driven society and news cycle. You get accused of something, you are convicted in the court of public opinion immediately and those people are on to the next story. No matter what actually happens in your case, you are screwed for life. Nobody ever goes back and reads what actually ended up being the judgement/truth. Look at the current harassment/misconduct rage sweeping the country. Yes, many of these men deserve what they are getting. But just an accusation, no matter how valid, is resulting in firings in every sector.

Reactions: Tx64
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT