ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff - there is a God

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
No Alabama, no Clemson. Been a while since that happened. Great to see. Saban, you are a whiner.

Of the 4 teams, I don't really have love or hate for any of them. I actually kind of like Harbaugh, nice to see Sonny Dykes be successful (Cal you are stupid). Other than that, hey.

No Alabama, no Clemson. Been a while since that happened. Great to see. Saban, you are a whiner.

Of the 4 teams, I don't really have love or hate for any of them. I actually kind of like Harbaugh, nice to see Sonny Dykes be successful (Cal you are stupid). Other than that, hey.

Like I said, the CFP wasn't going to take a 2 loss team over a 1 loss team, no matter what the stupid rankings, etc, said, etc.

Kind of expected them to screw TCU, especially when Saban started lobbying, and then various sources started comparing schedule strength. But it’s good to see Bama on the outside for once, and honestly I hope they lose their bowl game and finish outside the top 10.

This should punch our ticket to LA. Since there’s a 2 game gap between us and OSU/UCLA, I don’t think there’s any path for us to go to any other game. Assuming USC goes to the Cotton, that is (which still seems likely, but I think they could take Tennessee instead).

Wouldn’t USC going to the Cotton Bowl get us to the LasVegas bowl with the LA Bowl being open? Seven eligible teams and seven bowl games.

I went to Georgia so I'll exclude them. I think TCU is the coolest success story so I'd want them if not us.

Second, I'm inclined to like Michigan as a come-from-behind story, but go talk to folks in Michigan... MSU fans are like us; salt of the earth, levelheaded. Michigan fans are like UW fans but worse: entitled, arrogant wannabe bluebloods who don't know their moment ended decades ago. Plus, 1997?

I hate tOSU forever for Urby & Tressel and the cheating etc. I'll never forget watching tOSU play Buffalo at the Horseshoe the year after Urby got bounced in a tiebreaker for their resume, so that year they resolved to be total POSes. In that game they were going for 4th down conversions, 2pt conversions, hitting Buffalo players out of bounds etc. Total classless POS. But hey that's the guy who groomed Aaron Hernandez so...

I went to Georgia so I'll exclude them. I think TCU is the coolest success story so I'd want them if not us.

Second, I'm inclined to like Michigan as a come-from-behind story, but go talk to folks in Michigan... MSU fans are like us; salt of the earth, levelheaded. Michigan fans are like UW fans but worse: entitled, arrogant wannabe bluebloods who don't know their moment ended decades ago. Plus, 1997?

I hate tOSU forever for Urby & Tressel and the cheating etc. I'll never forget watching tOSU play Buffalo at the Horseshoe the year after Urby got bounced in a tiebreaker for their resume, so that year they resolved to be total POSes. In that game they were going for 4th down conversions, 2pt conversions, hitting Buffalo players out of bounds etc. Total classless POS. But hey that's the guy who groomed Aaron Hernandez so...
To be accurate...1998 (Jan 1).

Wouldn’t USC going to the Cotton Bowl get us to the LasVegas bowl with the LA Bowl being open? Seven eligible teams and seven bowl games.
Utah - Rose
USC - cotton
UW - alamo
UO - Holiday
OSU - Vegas
UCLA - Sun
WSU - LA

If USC doesn’t get the cotton, everything moves down 1. We’ve got 7 eligible teams and 6 contract games. The Cotton is an extra.

If there is a god, he wouldn't have allowed USC to lose to Utah and it would've kept OSU team out of the playoffs.

I was really looking forward to having just one team from SEC, B1G, BXII, P12.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT