ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
My post in the SEC thread (reproduced below) was so brilliant I decided to start a new thread with it. Enjoy and bow (or curtsy in some of your cases E and Y :p) down to my superior intellect.

Loyal's Brilliance:
I hate the whole playoff thing, and wish we would go back to the old ways. Pac-12 and Big 12 in the Rose Bowl. Better yet, revert to the Pac-10 or Pac-8.

That said, the way to fix the playoff system is simple. There are 64 teams currently in the Power 5 conferences. For Football, dissolve the Big 12 and place their 10 teams in the other conferences. Each Conference now has 16 teams. The 4 conference champs play off for the title. Pretty simple. To further make it fair, base each division champ solely on their results against their 7 division opponents. So in effect you have an 8 team playoff, counting the conference title games. Or if you really wanted to get crazy, seed those 8 teams and start your tourney from there and not even have conference championships.

Reactions: earldacoug
Eh. Have an 8 team playoff, all the conference champs of the power five + 3 at large. Solves all. Everyone has a chance to win their conference, central Florida won't get left out as an undefeated group of 5, Notre Dame can still get in when they don't crap the bed, etc. I think this will come next,

ADVERTISEMENT