ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Transfers/JC Transfers

cr8zyncalif

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
I think we have 10 at this time. 4 WR; 3 LB; 2 CB; and one OL.

These are all arguably good fits from a position standpoint. I'd love to see all of them excel. At the very least I'd hope that they push others for starting spots. A significant improvement in depth, either way. The WR's as a whole appear to be a group of over-achievers who took their opportunity and did something with it; they have shown that they can catch the ball. The LB's appear to be some of that, but also guys who had HS cred but did not excel in their previous program and are looking for another chance. JC CB's have historically been a 50/50 proposition for us; let's hope at least one and preferably both can get it done. And I am fervently hoping that the FCS OL can slip in & perform just like the last one.

If all of these guys contribute we will be in a legitimate "reload" rather than "rebuild" mode. Of course, every team is saying that about their transfers. Still, I'm expecting at least 6 or 7 of the 10 will be fighting hard for a starting spot. Spring ball will be interesting.

Reactions: LeachPack
Also you missed the Transfer/JC DT/DE that WSU got, if I am remembering right.

Feel like we have utilized the portal reasonably well on the defensive side but I'm a little disappointed on their offensive side. Got a few WR's but not much else. There were some pretty attractive QB's and RB;s available but it appears we struck out if we even tried. Agree or disagree?

Feel like we have utilized the portal reasonably well on the defensive side but I'm a little disappointed on their offensive side. Got a few WR's but not much else. There were some pretty attractive QB's and RB;s available but it appears we struck out if we even tried. Agree or disagree?

I wonder how many spots they have to fill?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up with 30+ new scholarship kids.

They need 11 transfers on offense.

I was also hoping for a good RB pickup. We saw what happened when Watson went out with an injury.

It could be that those attractive QBs want assurance they will immediately be #1 coming into the program. With Ward (and to some extent, Mateer) coming back, that would be hard to promise regardless of what fans think about Ward's performance this past year. Believe me, I would've wanted to see the Cougars pick up a portal QB, especially one of those MSU guys, and maybe they tried, but those QBs wanted the assurance.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT