ADVERTISEMENT

pos tests, quarantined kids

I believe the season will be cancelled too. All it takes is 1 on a roster to spoil everything. And the 1 on a roster who played a team in the last 2 weeks.

Reactions: Cougzz
I believe the season will be cancelled too. All it takes is 1 on a roster to spoil everything. And the 1 on a roster who played a team in the last 2 weeks.
I'm also starting to see stuff about abnormal lung scans in people that were asymptomatic. Nobody wants a kid to die for a game, but even players that recover may not be the athletes that they could have been

Im beginning to fall on the side of there not being a season. LSU, KSU, Clemson all having issues. Too many moving pieces involved to make the season go.
There is a WSU town hall on Wednesday. Last item on the agenda is an update on intercollegiate athletics. My interest is in the fall semester since my son will be a freshman but I sure want to hear what they will be saying about sports.

https://news.wsu.edu/2020/06/16/next-wsu-covid-19-town-hall-taking-place-june-24/

The next WSU COVID‑19 online town hallis taking place Wednesday, June 24.

Member of the WSU leadership team will field questions from the community for an hour beginning at 2 p.m.

Among the topics that’ll be discussed:

• High-level review of plans for fall 2020
  • Potential changes to the fall semester academic calendar
  • Tentative plans for housing, dining and Greek life for the fall semester on the WSU Pullman campus
  • Attestation and return to work guidelines
  • Update on intercollegiate athletics
WSU President Kirk Schulz will be joined by Interim Provost Bryan Slinker, Vice President of Student Affairs Mary Jo Gonzales, Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer Theresa Elliot‑Cheslek, and Director of Athletics Pat Chun.

Questions can be submitted ahead of time via an online submission form.

Past town halls can be viewed via the Experience WSU website.

The latest information on the university’s response to the ongoing pandemic can be found on its COVID‑19 website.

Hard to see how they can put together a season unless they are willing to quarantine the team. Since everybody seems to think that is impossible, it is clear there really isn't any stomach to do what it takes to have a season.

Hard to see how they can put together a season unless they are willing to quarantine the team. Since everybody seems to think that is impossible, it is clear there really isn't any stomach to do what it takes to have a season.
Might have to just be one of those seasons that never exists and kids get to keep their eligibility. Spring training in Florida for baseball is a trainwreck

The issue for me is, quarantine pros? Sure thing. Quarantine kids? Aren't they student athletes? Unpaid, isolated, who knows where. That isn't what admin wants to do.

https://data.cdc.gov/widgets/9bhg-hcku

Am I reading this right? 125 COVID deaths in the US age group 15-24. Can’t determine how many of them have an underlying health condition. Some? Most? And, this is dying “with” COVID, not necessarily because of COVID. Regardless, the deaths are far lower than pneumonia, yet we aren’t stopping football for that. Clemson will have herd immunity by August. School me corona bro’s!

https://data.cdc.gov/widgets/9bhg-hcku

Am I reading this right? 125 COVID deaths in the US age group 15-24. Can’t determine how many of them have an underlying health condition. Some? Most? And, this is dying “with” COVID, not necessarily because of COVID. Regardless, the deaths are far lower than pneumonia, yet we aren’t stopping football for that. Clemson will have herd immunity by August. School me corona bro’s!
How many of the freshly immune can still run like they used to with reduced lung capacity?

They may not have reduced lung capacity just because they are positive. The clemson players were stated to be asymptomatic. You can have abnormal CT scans without a reduction in lung capacity, that is actually pretty common. Abnormal is also a very broad range of things from secondary findings to congenital issues, disease processes, inflammation, any number of things, and many that would not cause symptoms.

Im beginning to fall on the side of there not being a season. LSU, KSU, Clemson all having issues. Too many moving pieces involved to make the season go.

My guess is that they will move to spring....

They may not have reduced lung capacity just because they are positive. The clemson players were stated to be asymptomatic. You can have abnormal CT scans without a reduction in lung capacity, that is actually pretty common. Abnormal is also a very broad range of things from secondary findings to congenital issues, disease processes, inflammation, any number of things, and many that would not cause symptoms.
Stop with truth, it doesn't advance the narrative!

I started kicking the Spring season idea around a few months ago. I think it could be a lot of fun, and with all of the P5 programs now having IPFs available, training could begin in mid to late January, with a season that goes from Feb - April or March to May.

If it were a Conference only season, as resilient as young people’s bodies are, you could end a shortened season in May and still be ready to go for a regular season in Sept 2021.

I started kicking the Spring season idea around a few months ago. I think it could be a lot of fun, and with all of the P5 programs now having IPFs available, training could begin in mid to late January, with a season that goes from Feb - April or March to May.

If it were a Conference only season, as resilient as young people’s bodies are, you could end a shortened season in May and still be ready to go for a regular season in Sept 2021.

Kids would be fine with a quick turn around. It isn't something that would happen often, you’d hope anyways.

I would even suggest just playing the full season with bowls.

At this point there is no reason to believe anything will change by next Feb. In fact, with another flu season coming it could get worse.

Our elected officials seem to be going on an all or nothing policy centered around a vaccine, which by all accounts is still at least a year out.

At this point there is no reason to believe anything will change by next Feb. In fact, with another flu season coming it could get worse.

Our elected officials seem to be going on an all or nothing policy centered around a vaccine, which by all accounts is still at least a year out.

Football in the spring doesn’t really make any sense. Even if some miracle occurs and there is an effective vaccine that can be manufactured, distributed and administered by (pulling a date out of the air) March 15, that means football will conflict with every other sport. It's not going to work to have football concurrently with basketball. Attendance and ratings for both will be diluted. Then, how are you going to have a NCAA tournament concurrent with conference championship games, bowls and the playoff? Especially if the NFL, NBA and MLB and NHL are trying to squeeze their seasons in too.

They better be prepared for rioting, looting and burning of their homes then.

Moreso than the staged stuff that's going on right now.

Actual real pissed off people.

They better be prepared for rioting, looting and burning of their homes then.

Moreso than the staged stuff that's going on right now.

Actual real pissed off people.
The window to get a handle on it closed in March and April. Insisting on opening everything up without a test and trace regimen up and running and cases down to a level where that wouldn't be an impossible task has made everything worse. Livelihoods are being ruined by this, and lives are being lost, because gov'ts local to federal couldn't get their $#!t together. Even if you aren't that worried about the virus, most folks are, which means businesses have no customers, especially anyone unfortunate enough to work in hospitality or events or travel. And the longer it goes without being managed, the larger the scale of the destruction

Reactions: froropmkr72
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT