ADVERTISEMENT

Post game

chugspig

Hall Of Fame
Nov 5, 2011
Nice to come out on top of one of those. Best thing about these wins is you get a W, but you have a world of ass chewing to do and teachable moments for Arbuckle, Mateer, Oline, Schmedding (no pressure until the 4th?), zone D, WRs dropping balls, fake field goals with a fat kid. I could go on forever. We won one we could have lost 6 times and won 6 times. End of the day 4-0 and get your ass better.

I know SJSU had a lot of ifs, but we had, not taking a field goal, missing an exp, throwing an int in OT, and throwing it on 3rd and 6 with 2 minutes to go and they had 1 time out. 2 overshot easy TDs, and an easy drop by Williams for TD. And an INT in OT with no need to throw. Inexcusable amount of disastrous plays, without even getting into penalties.

But, we got the W. Get better and come out pissed and ready to execute.

Nice to come out on top of one of those. Best thing about these wins is you get a W, but you have a world of ass chewing to do and teachable moments for Arbuckle, Mateer, Oline, Schmedding (no pressure until the 4th?), zone D, WRs dropping balls, fake field goals with a fat kid. I could go on forever. We won one we could have lost 6 times and won 6 times. End of the day 4-0 and get your ass better.

I know SJSU had a lot of ifs, but we had, not taking a field goal, missing an exp, throwing an int in OT, and throwing it on 3rd and 6 with 2 minutes to go and they had 1 time out. 2 overshot easy TDs, and an easy drop by Williams for TD. And an INT in OT with no need to throw. Inexcusable amount of disastrous plays, without even getting into penalties.

But, we got the W. Get better and come out pissed and ready to execute.
Yeah, we left a lot of meat on the bone again. Not to take anything away from SJSU, they came in with a plan and they played it really well. But…if we clean up half of our mistakes we win this by 3 scores.

1. I knew this was going to be a Trap Game, and shocked we won.
2. Why did Mateer throw the long ball, (intercepted) when all we had to do is milk the clock and kick the field goal and GAME OVER?

Yes, Dickert was out coached. We have the better players, but Emmett and Nash are amazing. We're lucky we won.

We had 627 yards and 54 points in a win.

We didn’t execute?
We had 1 sure TD dropped, 2 sure TDs overthrown. 10+ penalties. A missed PAT, a fake FG that got stuffed, a unrecovered onside kick, a INT in OT that we turned into an INT, we threw the ball of 3&6 with 2 minutes left when they had one time out. Yes we didn’t execute, well despite putting up good yardage, and Dickert will say the same.

Reactions: WindyCityCoug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT