ADVERTISEMENT

Potential transfer?

6’3” 220 and a true frosh at DE is nothing more than a speed bump right now for tackles that are 6’5”+ 300+.

Im not surprised he didnt play as a frosh. He needs to get bigger. Or get fast as hell off the edge. 220lbs and not fast off the edge gives you 0 tools to work with.

Turn him into a Rush outside Buck type combo hybrid Linebacker, DE, that rushes the passer in situational play.

He'd probably be good at that spot.

At UCLA you either excel at the position they have you at, even if your at the wrong position, or even if they are not using you right, or you rot on bench, dont develop, never get moved to where you would develop, fit, do good, and never get used right.

He would probably be a good fit at WSU.

Also was a RR 5.6,(Rivaks Rank), and a 3.5 star, that probably had a lot of offers, and must have been good enough to get UCLA to get him.

UCLA just not doing something right with him.

If he is not going to add any size, then he has to be fast enough to play MLB. Otherwise, I don't see how he fits in the PAC.

If he is not going to add any size, then he has to be fast enough to play MLB. Otherwise, I don't see how he fits in the PAC.

Which is why I hate 6’3” 220 at this level. You are either bullish strong to handle the significantly larger humans on the OL or you are blazing fast to get around them. Or even both. But neither??? You are FCS or d2.

Even if you lift and gain the weight, you still don’t have the levers needed to handle those 6’5”+ kids. Which you will see every week.

Imo, on the OL/DL…. at minimum 6’4” or taller.

6’3” 220 and a true frosh at DE is nothing more than a speed bump right now for tackles that are 6’5”+ 300+.

Im not surprised he didnt play as a frosh. He needs to get bigger. Or get fast as hell off the edge. 220lbs and not fast off the edge gives you 0 tools to work with.
on what are you basing your assessment that he's not fast off the edge? Do you have film?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT