ADVERTISEMENT

Potentially significant subplot this Saturday

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
Utah plays at Colorado this Saturday morning at 10:30AM. If Utah wins, as they’re expected to, Arizona is eliminated from the P12 South championship.

Arizona will know the outcome before they take the field against us. That, along with the cold weather, could zap some of their motivation, or if Colorado wins, it could be a big spark for them and help keep them warm.

Last edited:
That's all true, but Arizona is also trying to become bowl eligible regardless of how the Utah-Colorado game comes out. There is no guarantee UA will beat ASU in their regular season finale and they are currently sitting on 5 wins. They should be plenty motivated vs. WSU.

Glad Cougar

Arizona will play well regardless of the outcome of any other game, they want to make it to a bowl game and they need one more win, and they only have 2 chances left.

It is important for the Cougs to win this game to keep momentum of this season going into the last game. I hope our D can slow down Arizona, as they have played well the past few weeks. They play very well at home, and the only road win they have is at Oregon St. Let's hope they continue to struggle on the road.

FWIW, in points scored their offense is very competitive in the Pac12. Behind ours (by about 6 pts/game), but an injured Tate obviously figures into that. We are first in conference, they are third, I believe.

However, Tate would have very little to do with points allowed on defense. We are fourth best in conference on defense, they are third worst. I know they are just stats, what matters is who shows up this Saturday, but I'd rather have stats in our favor and I think Claeys will have a good game plan.

FWIW, in points scored their offense is very competitive in the Pac12. Behind ours (by about 6 pts/game), but an injured Tate obviously figures into that. We are first in conference, they are third, I believe.

However, Tate would have very little to do with points allowed on defense. We are fourth best in conference on defense, they are third worst. I know they are just stats, what matters is who shows up this Saturday, but I'd rather have stats in our favor and I think Claeys will have a good game plan.
Would be interesting to see home road splits for their offensive production too. 75 degrees on that beautiful grass field in front of their fans is a bit different than 30 degree frozen turf in Martin. I expect their receivers to have some icy fingers. Even if the stadium isn’t at capacity this will be the most difficult environment they’ve played in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT