ADVERTISEMENT

Pres. Kirk Herman Schulz: Good or Bad for Cougar FootbAll

Please see other thread on this topic, thanks.

(Mistakenly posted twice, sorry. Maybe Scott or one of the other moderators can delete this one?)

Simple question:
Why do we have to frame these things as good vs. bad, asking WSU fans to choose winners and losers? Simple question, simple answer for me. I support WSU. That means football (& all sports) as well as the administration and overall institutional health. It's quite possible that Schultz is neither good or bad for football, but simply trying to move the university forward. That includes fiscal responsibility in all areas.

I see a lot of the threads you start as trying to create divisiveness. I guess I play into it by responding.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: Cougzz
Simple question:

I'm going to agree with Glad that too often, people fall prey to thinking in terms of black & white, my team vs your team, good vs bad and other similar patterns and ignore the fact that real world answers are usually very nuanced and have a lot of variables that can come into play. Will some of Schulz's policies have a negative impact on Football? Very possible. Are they necessary actions that a reasonable and prudent leader would take? Just as possible.

Schulz was a bit divisive at KSU at times but there isn't a single person that I've talked to who doesn't believe that overall, Kansas State University and KSU athletics were in a better position when he left than they were when he got there. Some people bitch about his AD hire (John Currie) because they lost Frank Martin due to personality conflicts but then again, since they just made it to the Elite 8 with the guy that Currie hired to replace Frank Martin, that bitching and moaning is muted compared to before. KSU spent hundreds of millions of dollars on athletic facility upgrades while Schulz was president and with his hiring of Chun, he is hoping that he's found a guy that can mimic Currie's fundraising prowess. KSU fans also "hated" Schulz because his wife eliminated the term "EMAW" or "Every Man A Wildcat" because she felt it was sexist. 2.5 seconds after Schulz left, EMAW was back on the sleeves of the basketball team's warmup shirts.

Schulz has been divisive at WSU, but most of the controversies were situations where people chose to be offended and outraged over relatively trivial things. SCHULZ DIDN'T SHAKE ROBERT BARBER'S HAND.........HE'S A RACIST A$$HOLE! is a great example of people taking a minor transgression, if it was even a transgression, and trying to make it a long term condemnation of the man's character, without any knowledge or understanding of what Schulz was thinking. I'm not sold on the idea that Schulz is going to be a good president for WSU, but I do see a lot of people that have a predetermined agenda against the man and actively seek to tear him down on every single issue without any desire to look deeper to see if he's just a guy trying to do a difficult job as well as anybody else could do.

The man has created his own bed. Somehow to think that his bad decisions are not his fault is plain BS,He had the opportunities to make good choices but followed his own intuiton and feelings which gave people a glimpse into the man. Why do you think people lleft? They saw the man and and did not like what they saw.

The man has created his own bed. Somehow to think that his bad decisions are not his fault is plain BS,He had the opportunities to make good choices but followed his own intuiton and feelings which gave people a glimpse into the man. Why do you think people lleft? They saw the man and and did not like what they saw.

Can you list the bad decisions that he has made? Also, as Patrol asked, who has left WSU where it was obvious that Shulz was at fault? Just curious on both. Schulz has created his own bed without a doubt. He's an engineer and they often express ideas in a manner that rubs people the wrong way. I'm just curious to see what his bad decisions are that you perceive that are damning. Again, I hope it's deeper than not shaking Barber's hand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT