ADVERTISEMENT

Prime time to Colorado

I'm not sure I've ever been more offended by any statement on this board.

I think what you really mean is that people are sick of the mediocre crap Disney is peddling under the Star Wars banner.
are you serious?

If his goal was publicity, then he hit a home run.

If his goal was positive publicity, then he at least got on base; and maybe got an extra base or two.

If his goal was in the direction of reverse psychology and a severe player challenge, then he probably met his goal. However, the more mature on the team will realize that he is an a$$hole, and so there may be some losses he could have avoided with a somewhat modified approach.

And if his goal was to get NIL money from alums unhappy at their slide to oblivion, then he may have hit a second home run. I have to wonder if that was not a big part of his goal all along...

You tell me!
Well, the stuff Disney is churning out and calling Star Wars is pretty mediocre.

And really, I can’t say that I’ve ever really been offended by anything people say here. I don’t take it that seriously, and I use the ignore feature pretty effectively.

I have no doubt he will get his share of talent. Or that he can motivate. Can he actually coach football? Can he run a multimillion dollar organization? How does the meet and greet with the ranch owner boosters go? How does he do when he walks into a program that won’t do what it takes to win and he rubs people the wrong way?

He could win. He could get fired and run out of town.
Agree. He seems to have a way with people (remembering Marshawn), but I think a lot of his success at Jackson State was the novelty of having a legendary player as an FCS coach.

Colorado is a bottom-rung P5 team in FBS. We're talking bottom rung up to a few rungs from the top. "Brand name" coaches are a dime a dozen. Won't be able to coast on that.

And as I've said, once he strings together two winning seasons, he's gone. Hell, Mel Tucker was no celebrity, and didn't even have a winning record at Colorado, and he secured an albatross of a contract replacing the legend D'Antonio at Michigan State after just 1 year. How's that working out?

Agree. He seems to have a way with people (remembering Marshawn), but I think a lot of his success at Jackson State was the novelty of having a legendary player as an FCS coach.

Colorado is a bottom-rung P5 team in FBS. We're talking bottom rung up to a few rungs from the top. "Brand name" coaches are a dime a dozen. Won't be able to coast on that.

And as I've said, once he strings together two winning seasons, he's gone. Hell, Mel Tucker was no celebrity, and didn't even have a winning record at Colorado, and he secured an albatross of a contract replacing the legend D'Antonio at Michigan State after just 1 year. How's that working out?

CU is churning thru HC’s. There is something wrong there.

Haha. Ans: not well.

ADVERTISEMENT