ADVERTISEMENT

Prognosis for 2017: a deflated (and easily defended) Air Raid...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
and a defense certain to take a step back due to the lack of offense. Could be a very tough season coming on the heels of three consecutive losses in which the offense was a stinking pile of dung.

Last edited:
No, in some ways this Holiday Bowl might help Spring Ball. We'll have new faces at WR, and a lot of experience.

This team wasn't all that good, frankly. They overachieved. Losing a meaningless Holiday Bowl doesn't really matter. It happens all the time in bowl games.

With that said, UW fans should be even more nervous.

No, in some ways this Holiday Bowl might help Spring Ball. We'll have new faces at WR, and a lot of experience.

This team wasn't all that good, frankly. They overachieved. Losing a meaningless Holiday Bowl doesn't really matter. It happens all the time in bowl games.

The satirical comment is well noted.

It won't make any difference for spring ball. None.

It won't make any difference for spring ball. None.

I've posted this many times: Leach would be wise to play a valid dual-threat QB to keep defenses honest. Falk isn't the guy who can take WSU to the next level, but I'm not sure Leach, in his Asperger's syndrome daze, has the flexibility to adapt.

Last edited:
Play John Bledsoe. Just joking. We are not a good team. This was a disappointing year. 0-2. 8-0. 0-3. Ugly start and finish. Luke regressed this season. Gabe regressed.
I like Leach, but we looked awful tonight. I am frustrated and disappointed.

Play John Bledsoe. Just joking. We are not a good team. This was a disappointing year. 0-2. 8-0. 0-3. Ugly start and finish. Luke regressed this season. Gabe regressed.
I like Leach, but we looked awful tonight. I am frustrated and disappointed.
Totally dumbfounded that Leach stuck with a guy who couldn't do jack sh!t for 3.5 quarters.

I've posted this many times: Leach would be wise to play a valid dual-threat QB to keep defenses honest. Falk isn't the guy who can take WSU to the next level, but I'm not sure Leach, in his Asperger's syndrome daze, has the flexibility to adapt.

It's not going to happen.

And the "true" dual threat QB are just slightly less elusive than the Sasquatch.

why don't we start with a guy that can run the air raid correctly?

Having the ability to sprint because you can't read a defense does not necessarily improve the offense. I'm having suspicions about Falk's ability to read a defense at this point.

The concept of the air raid is that there is always someone open, yet Falk has the magic ability to not find anyone open time and time again. This tells me he ISN'T reading the defense and is simply a system quarterback ,that unless the (successful) plays are hand fed to him cannot defeat a defense on his own.

This tells me he ISN'T reading the defense and is simply a system quarterback ,that unless the (successful) plays are hand fed to him cannot defeat a defense on his own.

Basically this. If you go back and look at the qb's Leach had at Texas Tech they all got the ball out when they should. The successful ones at Tech that is (and that was most of them).

Don't know what Falk's deal is with regards to this. And as others have noted the wide receivers didn't really do much. Again no idea why that is the case at Washington State right now, but there isn't anyone like Welker, let alone Crabtree on this team.

Falk's physical tools are actually better than most of those noodle armed Tech qb's. But (like Halliday) he doesn't seem to be able to read the defense and make decisions.

Kingsbury
Symons
Cumbie
Hodges
Harrell

You know the middle 3 qb's only started one year in the offense? Really don't get how it's played out at WSU.

Kind of thinking that the athletes recruited to stop spread offenses are also ideal for stopping Leach's pure Air Raid. And the PAC defenses definitely look more athletic than Big 12 players.

But even if that is the case (both better competition and the other point), it still should be practically impossible to sack the qb if he does it right. East Carolina under McNeill ran the Air Raid, and South Carolina didn't sniff a sack against them, while managing to get pressure on teams like Georgia and even Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT