ADVERTISEMENT

Proud Parent

SDCoug

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
Hamilton, MT
My son has been accepted to the Honors College at WSU. Couldn’t be more proud of him. He wanted that more than any other school he’s applied to. Hearing his excitement when getting the news was particularly special for me.

Next year I planned to end my hiatus from season tickets with him graduating high school and no more fall HS sports competing with Coug games. The next four years will be that much more exciting for me as I get to see him on my trips to Pullman. Can you tell I’m excited as well?

Great and congrats to your son! I hope that in 6 years my kid will be accepted into WSU. I already have him hating UW and just like his dad, he is calling them Udump. The legacy continues!

My son has been accepted to the Honors College at WSU. Couldn’t be more proud of him. He wanted that more than any other school he’s applied to. Hearing his excitement when getting the news was particularly special for me.

Next year I planned to end my hiatus from season tickets with him graduating high school and no more fall HS sports competing with Coug games. The next four years will be that much more exciting for me as I get to see him on my trips to Pullman. Can you tell I’m excited as well?
That's awesome! My daughter is in the Honors College now (I was when it was just the Honors Program). It's a little school within a school.

Reactions: SDCoug
The honors college is a wonderful experience. I agree with Ferris—School within a school. Can provide some wonderful opportunities to be pushed and grow for more gifted students. Congrats!!

I lived in Waller (when that was a thing) and later off-campus, but Honors was the belle of the ball. Nicest hall on campus.

That's awesome!! Gratz to your kid!

Is this independent of the Honors program? I did the Honors program, but never thought of it as a school, more like a department. I mean technically a university is a collection of colleges, so I was in the EME college. But did that make me in the honors college too?

I never heard of an honors dorm.

Just curious.

Is this independent of the Honors program? I did the Honors program, but never thought of it as a school, more like a department. I mean technically a university is a collection of colleges, so I was in the EME college. But did that make me in the honors college too?

I never heard of an honors dorm.

Just curious.

Now it is.

SD & Save, I also was in Honors & found it to be an exceptional experience. Kudos!

And Chip, I was also a Waller guy fall '76- spring '80. The volcano blew, finals were made optional, and I was gone to my first job in the Bay area.

Congratulations to your son for his achievement and to you too for your job of raising him.

Always figured the highly intelligent types did their message boarding at CougZone.

This post — with one WSU Honors College alumnus after another stopping by to tip his or her cap — is further proof.

Congrats to all Smart Cougs from someone who was never getting admitted to any honors college, much less WSU. :(

Congratulations. Are you sure he's yours?

Congrats! It's especially cool that you are gushing with pride. My old man didn't give a damn what I did, as long as I was employed and not on drugs. At the time, he certainly felt going to college was something he felt was overrated and expensive, but eventually came around 20 years later. A father such as yourself paying attention and being supportive is awesome. We need a lot more dads like you in the world ...

Congrats! From another Honors Program alum, and the father of three Honors College grads.

Congrats! It's especially cool that you are gushing with pride. My old man didn't give a damn what I did, as long as I was employed and not on drugs. At the time, he certainly felt going to college was something he felt was overrated and expensive, but eventually came around 20 years later. A father such as yourself paying attention and being supportive is awesome. We need a lot more dads like you in the world ...
Thank you for that. My dad seemed indifferent to college as well. Think the challenge is in giving a shit and not becoming a helicopter parent. Finding that balance is tough at times.

Reactions: Suudy
Another HC alum (HP back in my day) ... congrats to him. Was a great experience for me and it surely will be for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT