ADVERTISEMENT

Puka Nacua

Coug-Vandal

Hall Of Fame
Jan 7, 2003
I have no idea whether the Cougs are interested or he is interested in the Cougs but the Seattle Times says that he is entering the transfer portal. He was apparently a 4 star recruit out of Utah when he entered UW. Seems like he would be worth a hard look.

I have no idea whether the Cougs are interested or he is interested in the Cougs but the Seattle Times says that he is entering the transfer portal. He was apparently a 4 star recruit out of Utah when he entered UW. Seems like he would be worth a hard look.

Wanna see me lose my shit? Sign former uw players.

Reactions: etowncoug
Doesn't matter to me. If he can play he can play. Rejecting him because he was a UW player seems particularly ridiculous but suit yourself.

It matters to me. I would say it matters for a lot of my alum friends too.

Your dismissal of him being a husky and the rivalry between the schools is ridiculous.

Could go either way. Yes, he would be coming from the land of the Fuskies. Normally that would be a disqualifier. But, if he was good enough to play, he might have a significant chip on his shoulder for all things purple. That would put him in good company. I'd need to know more either way.

Edit to add: I just looked at the UW 2019, 20 and 21 recruiting classes. They took 2 HS WR in '19 (this guy was the higher rated); 2 HS WR in 20; and one in 21. They also pulled in a TT transfer WR this year. So its not like there are a ton of scholarship WR's on the roster. Also, FWIW, his brother (also a WR) just entered the portal from Utah.

Last edited:
It matters to me. I would say it matters for a lot of my alum friends too.

Your dismissal of him being a husky and the rivalry between the schools is ridiculous.
I've learned from being around here a long time that arguing with you is a waste of time. I didn't dismiss the rivalry between the two schools. Claiming that no player can ever decide to leave one school and go to the other without undermining the rivalry is a pretty amazing claim.

Reactions: mikalalas
I've learned from being around here a long time that arguing with you is a waste of time. I didn't dismiss the rivalry between the two schools. Claiming that no player can ever decide to leave one school and go to the other without undermining the rivalry is a pretty amazing claim.
Yeah I don’t understand this. So Cougs were in the last group for Smalls till Jimmy busted out the XL Starbucks cup. If he doesn’t like hopscotching junkies on the Ave and enters the portal and it turns out WSU was his #2 were going to say...sorry dude you were a Husky? Pretty dumb take.

BTW the NFL has rivalries as well and there’s been a lot of teams who have made out just fine scooping up FAs from their division rivals. I hate the Raiders as a Broncos fan. I loved Bill Romanowski as a Bronco. Once a player is on your team it doesn’t matter where they came from.

Last edited:
Yeah I don’t understand this. So Cougs were in the last group for Smalls till Jimmy busted out the XL Starbucks cup. If he doesn’t like hopscotching junkies on the Ave and enters the portal and it turns out WSU was his #2 were going to say...sorry dude you were a Husky? Pretty dumb take.

BTW the NFL has rivalries as well and there’s been a lot of teams who have made out just fine scooping up FAs from their division rivals. I hate the Raiders as a Broncos fan. I loved Bill Romanowski as a Bronco. Once a player is on your team it doesn’t matter where they came from.
Same here. As a Chiefs fan, I rooted against Marcus Allen when he wore the Silver & Black. Couldn't stand him or anyone associated with the Raiders. He comes to KC and I forget and forgive Marcus for all his previous transgressions.

Glad Cougar

How many kids transfer from Alabama to Auburn? How about Ohio State and Michigan?

It’s a rivalry. Can be heated. And here you are acting like its free agency in the NFL.

Ive learned after being here a long time some people just dont get it. You’re one of them now.

After seeing that his brother also entered the transfer portal, they might be looking to play together somewhere. I would think they are looking for a passing offense and a place closer to home, BYU seems like a fit.

After seeing that his brother also entered the transfer portal, they might be looking to play together somewhere. I would think they are looking for a passing offense and a place closer to home, BYU seems like a fit.

I'm thinking Mississippi State. :cool:

I'd be more pissed if a kid transferred from WSU to UW, personally. If the kid can play, and has a chip on his shoulder to kick the huskies, I'd make him a Coug.

Reactions: mikalalas
I'd be more pissed if a kid transferred from WSU to UW, personally. If the kid can play, and has a chip on his shoulder to kick the huskies, I'd make him a Coug.

Only 2 ways this is acceptable.

1) Fight Lake.
2) Very large WSU tattoo. He can choose the location.

Reactions: COUGinNCW
Whether or not WSU should take a EX UW Husky player, depends on:

1. Were they CLASSY, or were they a A Hole winner, that RUBBED it in with coaches, plauers, fans, media, etc.

If the answer is they were a A HOLE, then probably not a good fit at WSU, and WSU might probably should pass.

2. How good of a player is he? If not good enough pass?

3. Was he a cancer for the Huskies, did he get into trouble often, etc? If answer is yes, then WSU should pass on the kid.

But if the former UW Husky player is good enough, was classy to WSU, was not a cancer for the Huskies, etc, then WSU should take the Ex Husky player.

Also some WSU players over the yeats, decades, have transfered to UW Huskies, should the dogs have refused to have taken them, then, because they were from WSU?

If a UW player wants to transfer to WSU, and if they are good enough, and if classy to WSU enough, amd werent a cancer to UW, then WSU should absolutly take that stray dog in.

Whether or not WSU should take a EX UW Husky player, depends on:

1. Were they CLASSY, or were they a A Hole winner, that RUBBED it in with coaches, plauers, fans, media, etc.

If the answer is they were a A HOLE, then probably not a good fit at WSU, and WSU might probably should pass.

2. How good of a player is he? If not good enough pass?

3. Was he a cancer for the Huskies, did he get into trouble often, etc? If answer is yes, then WSU should pass on the kid.

But if the former UW Husky player is good enough, was classy to WSU, was not a cancer for the Huskies, etc, then WSU should take the Ex Husky player.

Also some WSU players over the yeats, decades, have transfered to UW Huskies, should the dogs have refused to have taken them, then, because they were from WSU?

If a UW player wants to transfer to WSU, and if they are good enough, and if classy to WSU enough, amd werent a cancer to UW, then WSU should absolutly take that stray dog in.
2&3 fine but 1? I already mentioned Romanowski who was NOT classy but both Raiders and Broncos fans alike loved the guy when he was in their colors. Richard Sherman and 49er fans would also like a word.
And don’t tell me NFL and college aren’t interchangeable here, there are some NASTY NFL rivalries for players and fans alike that rival anything in college. Show up at a game in Philly with a Cowboys jersey on...

2&3 fine but 1? I already mentioned Romanowski who was NOT classy but both Raiders and Broncos fans alike loved the guy when he was in their colors. Richard Sherman and 49er fans would also like a word.
And don’t tell me NFL and college aren’t interchangeable here, there are some NASTY NFL rivalries for players and fans alike that rival anything in college. Show up at a game in Philly with a Cowboys jersey on...

Philly fans will fight the Cowboys fans, then fight each other. Cause, why not???

Don't even get me started on the Raiders fans that attend my Chargers games. A lot of those folks would not even be permitted to enter Walmart.
2% rule. I got more shit at a Hawks preseason game in Seattle than I did in Oakland wearing my Orange Elway. I got pics with Raider Jason, Raider Freddy, and Raider Michael Meyers. The guys dressing up love it when opposing fans want photos with them.
Also saw a guy in Denver show up in a Boz jersey a few years back for a Hawks/Broncos game and he was a frickin rock star!

Reactions: 79COUG
2% rule. I got more shit at a Hawks preseason game in Seattle than I did in Oakland wearing my Orange Elway. I got pics with Raider Jason, Raider Freddy, and Raider Michael Meyers. The guys dressing up love it when opposing fans want photos with them.
Also saw a guy in Denver show up in a Boz jersey a few years back for a Hawks/Broncos game and he was a frickin rock star!

The Raiders fans to whom I was referring seem to feel that you have to be either a biker or a gang banger to be a Raiders fan. Maybe they are just Raiders fan wanna bees. They are a real downer when they are close enough to breath on you, though.

The Raiders fans to whom I was referring seem to feel that you have to be either a biker or a gang banger to be a Raiders fan. Maybe they are just Raiders fan wanna bees. They are a real downer when they are close enough to breath on you, though.
I had some UCLA fans try and start something with me when The Ghost ran all over them in Pasadena way back when. Was doing nothing but cheering on the Cougs and they decided to be D-Bags. You can run into this anywhere, like I said 2% rule, and they found you!
I had a great experience in Oakland and I was told by multiple people not to wear a jersey...99% of the fans I interacted with were awesome. We got invited to a tailgate by strangers on the BART over. Who knows...

I had some UCLA fans try and start something with me when The Ghost ran all over them in Pasadena way back when. Was doing nothing but cheering on the Cougs and they decided to be D-Bags. You can run into this anywhere, like I said 2% rule, and they found you!
I had a great experience in Oakland and I was told by multiple people not to wear a jersey...99% of the fans I interacted with were awesome. We got invited to a tailgate by strangers on the BART over. Who knows...

The Iowa State fans at the Alamo Bowl were great. If WSU and ISU scheduled a game every year and made it a Tractor Rivalry I would be fine with it.

I could do without the Houston fans talking trash after the game.

Yes, I stayed at what was a mostly ISU hotel and had a great time in the lobby talking to the folks. A lot of farmers. Was just like E WA! I love Biggs' Tractor Rivalry idea. My tractor is bigger than your tractor! Or has a better stereo...

Yes, I stayed at what was a mostly ISU hotel and had a great time in the lobby talking to the folks. A lot of farmers. Was just like E WA! I love Biggs' Tractor Rivalry idea. My tractor is bigger than your tractor! Or has a better stereo...

Both schools seem similar to me. The fan bases seem to get along. Throw in a big tractor to the winner to give away at their discretion, add a big trophy, call it a rivalry game. It adds a P5 game to each teams schedule, both teams will likely be evenly matched, prob removes some headaches for the ADs trying to find decent non con games.

Im still a believer in playing all 11 Pac 12 teams OR playing 8 Pac 12 and 4 West Coast G5 teams. If you’re gonna schedule other P5 teams at least schedule games with other Ag schools or rural schools.

Yep. BYU is where they ended up.

Only 2 ways this is acceptable.

1) Fight Lake.
2) Very large WSU tattoo. He can choose the location.

Forget 2.

Drew Brees has a WSU logo on his face but how much has he donated?

2. Dime out UW for recruiting violations.
3. Take a knee in protest of the Jim Owens statue

Reactions: Coug90
Both schools seem similar to me. The fan bases seem to get along. Throw in a big tractor to the winner to give away at their discretion, add a big trophy, call it a rivalry game. It adds a P5 game to each teams schedule, both teams will likely be evenly matched, prob removes some headaches for the ADs trying to find decent non con games.

Im still a believer in playing all 11 Pac 12 teams OR playing 8 Pac 12 and 4 West Coast G5 teams. If you’re gonna schedule other P5 teams at least schedule games with other Ag schools or rural schools.
Iowa State hired Walden, Todd Sturdy and Wulff (at price equal to his abilities) after they failed coaching at WSU.

Maybe instead of a tractor, a dunce cap should be the trophy?

Reactions: taf88
Marv Harshman coached WSU basketball for 13 years and then went to the UW for 14. Bob Gregory a Coug Linebacker/DB in the mid 80's is now the DC at the UW. So I guess it's OK if you are a coach or player, but not OK player to player. Bill Jo's Kid is on our Football team, and I welcome him with open arms. I summary my thinking is, if someone is going to find WSU to be a better place for them, and they are a positive influence on the team, let them come over, I don't care where they come from.

Marv Harshman coached WSU basketball for 13 years and then went to the UW for 14. Bob Gregory a Coug Linebacker/DB in the mid 80's is now the DC at the UW. So I guess it's OK if you are a coach or player, but not OK player to player. Bill Jo's Kid is on our Football team, and I welcome him with open arms. I summary my thinking is, if someone is going to find WSU to be a better place for them, and they are a positive influence on the team, let them come over, I don't care where they come from.

Harshman and Gregory are traitors. So is Nansen.

Billy Joe’s kid is the smartest one in his family.

I have zero tolerance for WSU players or coaches that go on to the uw to coach and I have no interest in taking transfers or coaches from the uw either.

Not sorry.

Harshman and Gregory are traitors. So is Nansen.

Billy Joe’s kid is the smartest one in his family.

I have zero tolerance for WSU players or coaches that go on to the uw to coach and I have no interest in taking transfers or coaches from the uw either.

Not sorry.
Dick Baird is a D-Bag Honk. UW fans don’t mind him. Again I’d ask you’d have no interest in Smalls if he didn’t want to be at UW anymore? That seems kinda crazy to me.
I agree I’m not sure how anyone can be a Coug and then go to UW...$$ buys souls I guess. I grew up in a UW household and a UW fan, pretty much till I knew I was going to Wazzu.
Another somewhat related question for you. If you had a kid who played a sport at UW would you cheer for their team against WSU? It’s a hard one for me considering how much I despise UW but I’d have to say I would. Trust me when I say they’d HAVE to actually play a sport though, I’ll be dammed if I’m wearing any UW crap because I’m paying tuition for my kid to go there (and yes I would it still beats out of state tuition)

Dick Baird is a D-Bag Honk. UW fans don’t mind him. Again I’d ask you’d have no interest in Smalls if he didn’t want to be at UW anymore? That seems kinda crazy to me.
I agree I’m not sure how anyone can be a Coug and then go to UW...$$ buys souls I guess. I grew up in a UW household and a UW fan, pretty much till I knew I was going to Wazzu.
Another somewhat related question for you. If you had a kid who played a sport at UW would you cheer for their team against WSU? It’s a hard one for me considering how much I despise UW but I’d have to say I would. Trust me when I say they’d HAVE to actually play a sport though, I’ll be dammed if I’m wearing any UW crap because I’m paying tuition for my kid to go there (and yes I would it still beats out of state tuition)

No interest in any player that put on a uw jersey playing for WSU. None. Ever. I dont care how good they are or were.

No child of mine would attend uw. I would not sign the paperwork. If their mother signed the paperwork and they went to the uw, 200% I cheer against them. Not just cheering against the uw, specifically cheering for the WSU player lined up across from them to bury them every snap.

Not sorry.

Also.... if there were ever a time I walked out of a bar... looked left and saw a WSU player or coach that had gone on to the uw, about to get beaten up by 3-4 dudes..... look right and see one of the posters on here I cant stand about to get beaten up by 3-4 dudes.... Im going right with bad intentions to defend their Coug honor. The other guy can take a whipping.

Not sorry.

No interest in any player that put on a uw jersey playing for WSU. None. Ever. I dont care how good they are or were.

No child of mine would attend uw. I would not sign the paperwork. If their mother signed the paperwork and they went to the uw, 200% I cheer against them. Not just cheering against the uw, specifically cheering for the WSU player lined up across from them to bury them every snap.

Not sorry.

Also.... if there were ever a time I walked out of a bar... looked left and saw a WSU player or coach that had gone on to the uw, about to get beaten up by 3-4 dudes..... look right and see one of the posters on here I cant stand about to get beaten up by 3-4 dudes.... Im going right with bad intentions to defend their Coug honor. The other guy can take a whipping.

Not sorry.
You savage Biggs! Not judging (not that you care) just different strokes I guess. I’m sure that question would get a wide range of answers.

You savage Biggs! Not judging (not that you care) just different strokes I guess. I’m sure that question would get a wide range of answers.

Too funny, while I want my oldest to be happy I won't sign any checks that go to the UW...Just a mental block.

My kid never set foot on U Dump campus. He was raised a Coug and he knew he was always going to Wazzu. He also knew that I wasn’t spending one damn dime at U Dump. If you raise kids right, they figure things out. He graduated from WSU in broadcast production.

My kid never set foot on U Dump campus. He was raised a Coug and he knew he was always going to Wazzu. He also knew that I wasn’t spending one damn dime at U Dump. If you raise kids right, they figure things out. He graduated from WSU in broadcast production.
I don’t think my kids will have any interest in UW, I know my son won’t. They know how I feel about the place, and ive mentioned the tuition check stops at the cascades. But if my daughter fell in love with some program there and that’s where she wanted to go I would bite the bullet and pay for it. Her mother would be taking her to all the orientation shit though that’s for damn sure.

Reactions: 79COUG
I don’t think my kids will have any interest in UW, I know my son won’t. They know how I feel about the place, and ive mentioned the tuition check stops at the cascades. But if my daughter fell in love with some program there and that’s where she wanted to go I would bite the bullet and pay for it. Her mother would be taking her to all the orientation shit though that’s for damn sure.

You really wanna listen to husky bullshit from your daughter for the rest of your life? Don’t do it.

My bro in law...a former room mate; Coug; I introduced him to my fiance's (now wife) younger sister (also a Coug); got his masters at UW before getting his doctorate elsewhere while at NASA. He tells interesting stories about the differences between campus life at each. While the state is fortunate to have such high quality and different university educations & college experiences to offer, he told me that if a kid legitimately understood the differences before making a selection, he figures most would pick WSU. That is not a knock on UW. But for undergraduate education and college experience, his opinion is that there are too many good things about WSU to ignore. IF (and this is the crux of the matter) the kids understood the differences going into the process. Most don't.

Having said that, his daughter lived in Bend for 3 years working as a river raft guide and attended the JC there. OSU has a great program where you can go for 3 years in Bend, then just come to Corvallis for the last year to get a degree from OSU, and she did that. So that part of our family has good thoughts when it comes to OSU, other than when they play the Cougs. And I am impressed with the concept of 3 years at a remote JC then 1 year on campus. It is clearly not the same college experience, but it meets the needs of some people. Maybe WSU does that now; I don't know; but the OSU/Bend program has been around for a while and is an example of somebody else's good idea. Definitely not a fit for the UW mindset.

Reactions: earldacoug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT