ADVERTISEMENT

Puka Nacua

Another Related point.

If a 5 star player, the #1 recruit in the entire nation, went to UW, then decided he wanted to transfer play at WSU:

Absolutely, if you care about WSU, your ok with that, you want that, and WSU, would, coukd, should want, need that, if that were to Happen.

WSU still has recruiting challenges. WSU is NOT a ALABAMA type that can go tell a #1 in nation that not taking them them because they went to a rival college.

If WSU says yes to such a recruit that might probably mean the difference of getting to a Rosebowl, Fiesta Bowl, Cotton Bowl, playoff, national championship, and serving as a catalystic bridge to maybe having WSU go 4 to 8 straight years of going to Rosebowls, getting 4,5 stars, building a semi dynastic football program.

If WSU says no to such a recruit, WSU could end up only winning 4 games a year for 4 to 8 years, etc, and not getting 3,4,5 star recruits in future.

WSU really cant afford to say no to such a recruit, and has to say yes to the recruit, fir the same reason Price took Prop 48's.

WSU going to Rosebowls, building a awesome football program, is MORE IMPORTANT then the rivalry, and because of the Rivalry not taking a 5 star recruit from UW.

Not saying the Rivalry isnt important. Its important. Its just not as important as WSU going to the Rosebowl, getting awesome recruits.

When you are either are or perceived as POOR OLE LITTLE OLE POOR WSU, that usually cant get 5 star recruits, you do whatever, like Prop 48, taking a 5 star from UW, etc.

WSU has to be creative, think outside the box, etc, to recruit good enough, and 1 of the ways WSU does that is accepting a 5 star transfer from UW, if that happens

Year and a half ago my daughter and her FBLA group were touring the ewe and a tree branch fell on 3 of the girls. Minor injuries.
I swear to God that happened.

I told my kid "Listen when the world talks to you. Take that as a sign."

Year and a half ago my daughter and her FBLA group were touring the ewe and a tree branch fell on 3 of the girls. Minor injuries.
I swear to God that happened.

I told my kid "Listen when the world talks to you. Take that as a sign."

79, that is a story that you will tell for the rest of your life, and it is possible that she may do the same. Classic! I guess the main question is exactly how to interpret the warning.... :cool:

Reactions: 79COUG
My bro in law...a former room mate; Coug; I introduced him to my fiance's (now wife) younger sister (also a Coug); got his masters at UW before getting his doctorate elsewhere while at NASA. He tells interesting stories about the differences between campus life at each. While the state is fortunate to have such high quality and different university educations & college experiences to offer, he told me that if a kid legitimately understood the differences before making a selection, he figures most would pick WSU. That is not a knock on UW. But for undergraduate education and college experience, his opinion is that there are too many good things about WSU to ignore. IF (and this is the crux of the matter) the kids understood the differences going into the process. Most don't.

Having said that, his daughter lived in Bend for 3 years working as a river raft guide and attended the JC there. OSU has a great program where you can go for 3 years in Bend, then just come to Corvallis for the last year to get a degree from OSU, and she did that. So that part of our family has good thoughts when it comes to OSU, other than when they play the Cougs. And I am impressed with the concept of 3 years at a remote JC then 1 year on campus. It is clearly not the same college experience, but it meets the needs of some people. Maybe WSU does that now; I don't know; but the OSU/Bend program has been around for a while and is an example of somebody else's good idea. Definitely not a fit for the UW mindset.

It’s a dump.

My bro in law...a former room mate; Coug; I introduced him to my fiance's (now wife) younger sister (also a Coug); got his masters at UW before getting his doctorate elsewhere while at NASA. He tells interesting stories about the differences between campus life at each. While the state is fortunate to have such high quality and different university educations & college experiences to offer, he told me that if a kid legitimately understood the differences before making a selection, he figures most would pick WSU. That is not a knock on UW. But for undergraduate education and college experience, his opinion is that there are too many good things about WSU to ignore. IF (and this is the crux of the matter) the kids understood the differences going into the process. Most don't.

Having said that, his daughter lived in Bend for 3 years working as a river raft guide and attended the JC there. OSU has a great program where you can go for 3 years in Bend, then just come to Corvallis for the last year to get a degree from OSU, and she did that. So that part of our family has good thoughts when it comes to OSU, other than when they play the Cougs. And I am impressed with the concept of 3 years at a remote JC then 1 year on campus. It is clearly not the same college experience, but it meets the needs of some people. Maybe WSU does that now; I don't know; but the OSU/Bend program has been around for a while and is an example of somebody else's good idea. Definitely not a fit for the UW mindset.
Discount knowledge at the Junior College makes all kinds of sense for many degrees.

I have dated a few women that attended the uw. If I am willing to sleep with a woman that attended the uw, then I am certainly able to root for a player that saw the error of their ways and left that school. After all, they corrected the biggest mistake of their lives and became a Coug. To err is human, to forgive is divine.

I have dated a few women that attended the uw. If I am willing to sleep with a woman that attended the uw, then I am certainly able to root for a player that saw the error of their ways and left that school. After all, they corrected the biggest mistake of their lives and became a Coug. To err is human, to forgive is divine.

F the Huskies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT