ADVERTISEMENT

QB Mo Hasan

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
He took an OV to WSU last weekend. Per his twitter feed, he did not sign with anybody on Wed., so he is still available.

This young man is a bit of a puzzler. Stats are decidedly underwhelming. But CML knows what he likes in QBs and has a good eye for talent. Four or so years ago he was the only one to offer Baker Mayfield a scholarship. I trust his judgment here.

This QB may want to look at the other QB s on the roster. It sounds like he would be 4th or 5th on the list.

This QB may want to look at the other QB s on the roster. It sounds like he would be 4th or 5th on the list.

I think Leach would not mind him coming in as a PWO and competing. To get a scholarship a QB would have to offer what our other quarterbacks do not have, Power 5 game experience. I think he would have to be a graduate transfer, even if it is for a backup role.

If CML likes Mo enough to bring him in for an official visit, wonder if that means he'll fill the "bonus 26th scholarship" the NCAA apparently granted after Tyler's passing.

Maybe the Coug recruiting board is:
1. Tommy Stevens, Penn State transfer (RS Junior)
1A. Mo (RS Sophomore)

Is the 26th scholarship only to be used on a QB?

If CML likes Mo enough to bring him in for an official visit, wonder if that means he'll fill the "bonus 26th scholarship" the NCAA apparently granted after Tyler's passing.

Maybe the Coug recruiting board is:
1. Tommy Stevens, Penn State transfer (RS Junior)
1A. Mo (RS Sophomore)

Is the 26th scholarship only to be used on a QB?

There are two scholarships left. If it were me: 1. goes to a bad ass defensive player. 2. goes to a graduate transfer QB. I certainly would not put it into a QB with no more experience than the QBs we have now. A RS Sophomore would have to compete and beat out the other QBs to get a scholarship.

This young man is a bit of a puzzler. Stats are decidedly underwhelming. But CML knows what he likes in QBs and has a good eye for talent. Four or so years ago he was the only one to offer Baker Mayfield a scholarship. I trust his judgment here.
I trust his judgement, as well. But this one is a stretch. This kid has very little experience. Even out of high school (2016 class), he was VERY under the radar. No real offers. Rivals doesn't even have a bio on him. Only X does and there is literally nothing on him. No offers, no visits, nothing.
If this kid was out of high school, that would be one thing. I'd completely make that Baker analogy. But this kid has had an opportunity to shine, post high school. And he... has shown the need for improvement, at least by the stats.
I'll still probably trust CML but man... eye brow raised on this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT