ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings 9-11-17

I am of the group that thinks a lot of those votes came in before the game ended. It was well after midnight for a lot of the country by the time the game ended.

I would have lowered our ranking too after seeing Saturday's game. It was certainly entertaining, but man was it sloppy and showed how weak our O-line is...and how our receivers are suspect. Falk is doing his usual mental freeze to start the season...and honestly, I am fine with the move to "Helsinki". Falk- to be clear- should be the starter against OSU, but with a short-to-medium length leash.

AP at 21
Coaches at 22

Basically unchanged. Our win in triple OT did not impress.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fbs/associated-press

I'm happy to just be in a position to still be ranked. These are the kinds of wins that don't matter in a few weeks....they are just another W in the list. In 2013, Auburn struggled against us and Mississippi State to start the season and then got shellacked by LSU. Anyone who had watched them "knew" that they were lucky to not be 1-3. By season's end, they were playing for the national championship even though their last two games were total fluke wins. Just winning is all that matters in the long run.

I'm just hoping that the game has lit a fire under our team to be better overall.

I'm happy to just be in a position to still be ranked. These are the kinds of wins that don't matter in a few weeks....they are just another W in the list. In 2013, Auburn struggled against us and Mississippi State to start the season and then got shellacked by LSU. Anyone who had watched them "knew" that they were lucky to not be 1-3. By season's end, they were playing for the national championship even though their last two games were total fluke wins. Just winning is all that matters in the long run.

I'm just hoping that the game has lit a fire under our team to be better overall.

We aren't talking about "in a few weeks". We are talking about this week's rankings....and we did not deserve to be ranked higher based on Saturday's game.

We aren't talking about "in a few weeks". We are talking about this week's rankings....and we did not deserve to be ranked higher based on Saturday's game.

Why not? We beat a good program in Boise St. If they are what they have averaged under Harsin, then that is a 10 win team.

Look what the teams around us did.

South Florida? A convincing 31-17 win over frickin Stoneybrook.
K State? Whooped up on Charlotte. Ooooh.
Tennessee? Thumped powerhhouse Indiana St.
Va Tech? Beat giant slayers Delaware.

Our win over Boise may not have been totally convincing, but I'd take it in a second over any of those duds.

It was an ugly game and I agree that we were lucky to stay about where we were.....if you watched the game. For a lot of voters, they are voting based off the recaps and final score and this win will look a lot better as the year goes on. ESPN's FPI says that Boise State should be favored in all but one of their remaining games and is likely to go at at least 7-3 to finish out the season. History suggests that they will win at least 9 games this year. An overtime win against a 9-3 BSU team will be fine. As mentioned by Fab.......a tough win over a decent Group of 5 team is better preparation for our remaining games than creampuff city that we've seen others face.

Why not? We beat a good program in Boise St. If they are what they have averaged under Harsin, then that is a 10 win team.

Look what the teams around us did.

South Florida? A convincing 31-17 win over frickin Stoneybrook.
K State? Whooped up on Charlotte. Ooooh.
Tennessee? Thumped powerhhouse Indiana St.
Va Tech? Beat giant slayers Delaware.

Our win over Boise may not have been totally convincing, but I'd take it in a second over any of those duds.

Don't sleep on Stoneybrook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT