ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Rumormill

CougInSpain

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2009
Has Cam Ward, Strib, Ollie and Smith-Wade entering the portal soon. Not sure as to the truth of all that but I wouldn't be surprised.

Has Cam Ward, Strib, Ollie and Smith-Wade entering the portal soon. Not sure as to the truth of all that but I wouldn't be surprised.
Is Ward even eligible for the portal? I thought he used that to come to WSU, and isn't that a one time thing? Who knows the rules?

Reactions: mikalalas
Is Ward even eligible for the portal? I thought he used that to come to WSU, and isn't that a one time thing? Who knows the rules?
I think you are correct but the NCAA hands out waivers like they are jolly ranchers, so there's that to consider.

Portal opens up on Monday, it will be an interesting recruiting season both with portal recruiting and HS recruits, as every off season will be from now on. I would imagine there well be defections and others that won't play in the bowl game, the drama is about to begin. The Cam Ward rumor might suggest that Morris is taking the Texas St job, and I am not saying either one is true, as I know nothing, but they might go hand in hand. Maybe AZ will offer him, just before the bowl game.

Last edited:
I coukd
I've heard Stribling is gone for sure, Ollie is debating it, but haven't heard that about Ward.
I was surprised Stribbling didn’t go last year with JDL . I could easily see him transfer to warmer weather like Tucson .

Not sure that is a better situation for him but who knows . Ollie not sure why he would leave or where he would go . Maybe they are unhappy with the coaching they are getting . Where would ward go ? I would hope if he decides to transfer he tells them early as I could see the back up leaving with Morris as well as Jenkins . That is the problem with recruiting Texas . They love their home . We did the same thing with Doba back in the day .

Here is the bigger question .. Jackson stone and wade .

Why would Strib transfer out?

As long as John Mateer is a COUG, I'm happy. :cool: Granted, we desperately need a new O-Line.

Last edited:
Strib transferring isn't a surprise. Hawaii kid who is going to be pressed hard by Smithson for WR1 next season. Ollie doesn't have the wheels to impact the game more than a WR3, but I'm surprised he's leaving.

Cam would surprise me for a number of reasons. He's already QB1 for a P5 bowl team and has collected NIL money. Then there's the added issue of whether or not he's even able to transfer, and if he does, it'll be 3 programs in 3 years. That doesn't send out a positive vibe.

Strib transferring isn't a surprise. Hawaii kid who is going to be pressed hard by Smithson for WR1 next season. Ollie doesn't have the wheels to impact the game more than a WR3, but I'm surprised he's leaving.

Cam would surprise me for a number of reasons. He's already QB1 for a P5 bowl team and has collected NIL money. Then there's the added issue of whether or not he's even able to transfer, and if he does, it'll be 3 programs in 3 years. That doesn't send out a positive vibe.
3 schools in 3 years sounds like the new norm to me. Oh, and

RESPECT MY DECISION!

Decoldest Crawford is in the portal. Give me that dude at WR. (He didn't play at Nebraska as he tore is ACL in fall camp.)

Reactions: Coug90

Maybe Cam’s been reading Wazzu Watch and all the experts who think he sucks?

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR
Portal opens up on Monday, it will be an interesting recruiting season both with portal recruiting and HS recruits, as every off season will be from now on. I would imagine there well be defections and others that won't play in the bowl game, the drama is about to begin. The Cam Ward rumor might suggest that Morris is taking the Texas St job, and I am not saying either one is true, as I know nothing, but they might go hand in hand. Maybe AZ will offer him, just before the bowl game.
Morris didn’t get the Texas state job. Cam can’t transfer unless he’s willing to sit a year. Stribling could easily go, since he lost his job to a freshman. Ollie seems slightly less likely, but seemed like he was getting pressed by Peters by the end of the year.

If anyone wants to leave don’t let the door hit you. Players these days seem to think the grass is greener or think someone is going to pay them top dollar.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
If anyone wants to leave don’t let the door hit you. Players these days seem to think the grass is greener or think someone is going to pay them top dollar.
Making over an 85 man roster every season is, let's say, a bit of a challenge.

ADVERTISEMENT