ADVERTISEMENT

Recruitment worries

cougcowboy

Varsity
Nov 9, 2014
I watched one of our commitments play this weekend. He played both ways. He did not make one play all night that impressed me. The competition was lower level, so I really expected him to be dominant. I sure hope he was sick or something and playing through it. If not, we may be in trouble.

I watched one of our commitments play this weekend. He played both ways. He did not make one play all night that impressed me. The competition was lower level, so I really expected him to be dominant. I sure hope he was sick or something and playing through it. If not, we may be in trouble.
Maybe he’s an OKG

Is he an instate kid?

our recruiting is absolutely abysmal

It is. If Leach did anything for recruiting, he brought up the bottom of the class. It may not have added 4 star players but he didn’t have 8 kids rated as 2 star players.

Ask yourself…. if you’re a high school kid and 2 coaches show up to speak to you…. you can only choose 1….

Shaw or Turd?
Cristobal or Turd?
Kelly or Turd?
Helton or Turd?
Whittingham or Turd?
Wilcox or Turd?
Lake or Turd?

Maybe he beats the Dorrell’s and Fisch’s of the conference but at some point you have to go out and win some recruiting battles. Leach may not have been the best recruiter but at least kids would have to think longer about what he has to say.

The best thing Turd can do to crank up WSU recruiting is put a well coached, quality football team on the field and win some games.

Losing to Utah State hurts WSU more than uw losing to Montana.

Reactions: wazzucougs96
I haven't really followed recruiting in a while. But, looking at our guys...

Al-Uqdah: Offers from Zona, CU & Kansas
Lara: Iowas St, Kansas, OSU
Schlenbaker: Cal, CU, Air Force, Nevada
Lateef: ASU, CSU, Houston
Wilder: Cal, Boise, Air Force, Army
Cedarland: OSU
Seth: OSU, Nevada
Uiagelelei: USU, UNLV

Now, I would default to someone else if they told me some of those offers were not really legit, or those schools weren't actually after these guys. I know the difference between reported offers and actually beating out a school for a guy.

I always said, with Leach, as long as we're regularly beating out the bottom half of the conference for guys, and occasionally beating out the upper half, we'd be ok. I'm also fine with seeing Boise, Fresno & SDSU. Where we really got into trouble with Turd 1.0, was getting down to the level of bad mid majors and FCS schools.

The biggest problem I see with this class, on paper, is there's only 8 guys. Oregon's got 20 dudes already.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
Recruiting is a concern, but I'm probably more concerned about this staff's ability to coach the players up. Price & staff, for example, did wonders with lightly recruited kids. It remains to be seen if Rolo & Company is able to develop the players they get.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
Everyone got a free year because of Covid. I am not sure who all will be coming back

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT