ADVERTISEMENT

Regrettably, I'll be rooting for the Dawgs in Husky Stadium on Saturday

M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Mercer Island
Say what? Yes. I'm in real estate. A client is taking me to the Husky-Oregon game on Saturday. Yes, he knows that I'm a COUG, and yes, he know's that I'm a die hard COUG, and yes, he knows I run a weekly PODCAST.

I did mention to him that if we go, I won't wear my COUG gear in Husky stadium. Actually, it's going to be raining, just like the forecast is for Pullman against the Buffs. Rain, but apparently we're undercover, north-side.

So in the context that I don't offend him, I will be, (on the outward, or outside) be rooting for the Dawgs and cheering at every possession. On the inside, I'll be rooting for the DUCKS.
Yes, I'm phony, but....... it's what's in the inside that counts, right?!

Outward appearance DAWGS. Inside the heart, DUCKS.

So I'll be The preposterous COUG!

Last edited:
On another topic, can you please provide the information you have that shows Mcdougle getting kicked off the team? With all due respect, throwing that little nugget out like you did in another thread is just starting a bs rumor without supporting evidence.

Reactions: etowncoug
I generally dislike Oregon as much as I do UW. Once the game starts, I'll probably cheer for Oregon, but if they take the lead and they show their fans celebrating, I'll switch over and root for UW to come back and break their hearts. Same thing if UW races ahead.

I generally dislike Oregon as much as I do UW. Once the game starts, I'll probably cheer for Oregon, but if they take the lead and they show their fans celebrating, I'll switch over and root for UW to come back and break their hearts. Same thing if UW races ahead.
My solution in the annual YellowPissBowl is to always root for the defense.

Say what? Yes. I'm in real estate. A client is taking me to the Husky-Oregon game on Saturday. Yes, he knows that I'm a COUG, and yes, he know's that I'm a die hard COUG, and yes, he knows I run a weekly PODCAST.

I did mention to him that if we go, I won't wear my COUG gear in Husky stadium. Actually, it's going to be raining, just like the forecast is for Pullman against the Buffs. Rain, but apparently we're undercover, north-side.

So in the context that I don't offend him, I will be, (on the outward, or outside) be rooting for the Dawgs and cheering at every possession. On the inside, I'll be rooting for the DUCKS.

I went to the Ducks, Dawgs game at Husky Stadium a few years ago, the one where Gameday was there. I just wore Seahawks stuff and didn't openly root for Oregon out of respect for my buddy who invited me.

Pretty simple solution really.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
On another topic, can you please provide the information you have that shows Mcdougle getting kicked off the team? With all due respect, throwing that little nugget out like you did in another thread is just starting a bs rumor without supporting evidence.
I've removed my post on the other thread. My assumption was if you're off the depth chart you're off the team. My wrong. Have no idea where McDougale is or what's going on.

Last edited:

The dog and duck fan bases deserve each other.
Regarding the teams, it's too bad they can't both lose. I suppose a 0-0 tie after all required overtimes is out of the question.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
I've removed my post on the other thread. My assumption was if you're off the depth chart you're off the team. My wrong. Have no idea where McDougale is or what's going on.

Shouldn't post stuff like that. There are 85 players on scholarship and, what, 15 or so other PWOs and other walk-ons who are on the team. The depth chart tops out at about 50 names.

My solution in the annual YellowPissBowl is to always root for the defense.

I’m rooting for 0-0 with 12 overtimes with Oregon winning on a field goal. I’m also hoping for Oregon to get hit with targeting penalties in the 2nd half, and when I say penalties I mean LOTS of penalties. Pac-12 refs do your thing!
I’m also hoping disgruntled uw fans burn the stadium down after the loss and we’ll funded environmentalists prevent them from rebuilding the stadium there and they have to move all future home games to a speculative stadium in Ellensburg.

Nobody from UO has tried to take funding from WSU
....tried to block WSU from starting a medical school in Spokane
....refused to play football games in Pullman in the 1960 and 1970s
.....has had their AD refuse to televise their game vs WSU
....tried to get the legislature to allow them use a sales tax in King County to pay for their stadium upgrades
.....has blocked Seattle from getting an original AFL franchise in 1960 or an NFL franchise in 1967
....erected a tasteless statue of their former white supremacist coach/AD outside their stadium
....had had 3 player revolts since the 1950s two race based and one involving paid players on a losing team not wanting to work hard for their money
....put locally known and politically connected pedophiles on the university payroll (Gary Little and Ed Murray) or allowed a politically connected former player & convicted pedophile hold his funeral at their facilty (Reese Lindquist)
.....uses influence in the criminal justice system in King County to keep former and current players who have been rapists, pimps, drunks, as well as embezzlers from local Little Leagues out of jail
.....claims imaginary national titles in football or national titles from fringe sports
....has finished 0-12

....tried to get the legislature to allow them use a sales tax in King County to pay for their stadium upgrades
.....has blocked Seattle from getting an original AFL franchise in 1960 or an NFL franchise in 1967
....erected a tasteless statue of their former white supremacist coach/AD outside their stadium
....had had 3 player revolts since the 1950s two race based and one involving paid players on a losing team not wanting to work hard for their money
....put locally known and politically connected pedophiles on the university payroll (Gary Little and Ed Murray) or allowed a politically connected former player & convicted pedophile hold his funeral at their facilty (Reese Lindquist)
.....uses influence in the criminal justice system in King County to keep former and current players who have been rapists, pimps, drunks, as well as embezzlers from local Little Leagues out of jail
.....claims imaginary national titles in football or national titles from fringe sports
....has finished 0-12
Nothing else measures up to the display of arrogance this institution has historically shown and continues to. That said as I remember Oregon is the home of “we smoked it all”. I think Papa Phil’s influence probably gives players fairly free reign in Eugene.

GO DUCKS. Will never root for UW. In anything.

Reactions: 79COUG
....has finished 0-12

Don't forget a head coach that lobbied against schools holding off campus instructional camps because he felt it impacted his recruiting.

I'm with others... in games like this I root for the defense. If I have to choose, I'll root for Whoregon but it's very much a "root for the devil or satan". Hard to differentiate between the two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT