ADVERTISEMENT

Rolo grilled by Chris Daniels

Honestly, all we need to worry about is if his bosses are satisfied with him meeting the requirement. I don't like the smoke and mirrors any more than the next person, but its his business and its his prerogative to keep it private.

Talking to a couple of friends last weekend, there were a couple of them that are doing the same with their workplace and keeping their vax status private even though they have been vaccinated. Its become such a divisive topic, if you work in mixed circles it may be best to keep it private.

Honestly, all we need to worry about is if his bosses are satisfied with him meeting the requirement. I don't like the smoke and mirrors any more than the next person, but its his business and its his prerogative to keep it private.

Talking to a couple of friends last weekend, there were a couple of them that are doing the same with their workplace and keeping their vax status private even though they have been vaccinated. Its become such a divisive topic, if you work in mixed circles it may be best to keep it private.

I agree that at the end of the day, the only opinions that matter in the short term are Chun and Schulz. If they are happy, or at least satisfied, our opinions are meaningless.

On your second paragraph, I disagree completely with the notion that it's best to keep it private if you've been vaccinated. Part of the problem is the fact that anti-vax folks are being empowered to believe that they are in the right.....even though it's clear that the government has the constitutional right to dictate vaccination requirements and beyond that, getting vaccinated is the right thing to do. I wish that we didn't have so many people in our country resisting the vaccine where a mandate is becoming a reality, but if there is anyone who finds it offensive that I'm vaccinated and wants to judge me for it, I would just as soon that they go take a flying leap and never associate with me again. The more people that come out and say, "I got vaccinated", the harder it is for holdouts to pretend that they have some moral high ground.

I agree that at the end of the day, the only opinions that matter in the short term are Chun and Schulz. If they are happy, or at least satisfied, our opinions are meaningless.

On your second paragraph, I disagree completely with the notion that it's best to keep it private if you've been vaccinated. Part of the problem is the fact that anti-vax folks are being empowered to believe that they are in the right.....even though it's clear that the government has the constitutional right to dictate vaccination requirements and beyond that, getting vaccinated is the right thing to do. I wish that we didn't have so many people in our country resisting the vaccine where a mandate is becoming a reality, but if there is anyone who finds it offensive that I'm vaccinated and wants to judge me for it, I would just as soon that they go take a flying leap and never associate with me again. The more people that come out and say, "I got vaccinated", the harder it is for holdouts to pretend that they have some moral high ground.
Hey righteous one, not wanting this vax doesn't mean you are anti-vax. and because one doesn't believe it is the right medical decision for them, doesn't mean that they think you are a fool for getting it.

Hey righteous one, not wanting this vax doesn't mean you are anti-vax. and because one doesn't believe it is the right medical decision for them, doesn't mean that they think you are a fool for getting it.

Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to. Choosing to not get this vaccination is a bad decision that drags out a pandemic that doesn't need to be drawn out more than it already has. The vaccine isn't perfect, but it's not the villainous deadly murder serum that anti-vaxxers have embraced. And if you don't get this vaccine.....embrace the label because it's being applied. 99% of the excuses for skipping the vaccine are total BS.

FWIW, I still say that Rolovich isn't obligated to come out as pro-vaccine as long as Chun and Schulz are ok with it. If they fired him for it though? I would absolutely support that decision.

The only part of this that I'll disagree with in any way is that constitutionality has little to do with the argument. There's no "constitutional right" associated with it. The only reason the Constitution has any relevance at all is because it doesn't mention vaccination or health measures - which mean those powers are reserved to the states. So, by being silent on the matter, the Constitution allows the states to impose the requirement as one of their non-enumerated "police powers."

Anyone who's never heard of Jacobsen v. Massachusetts should give it a look. In a nutshell, in a 1905 smallpox outbreak, Jacobsen objected to a Cambridge ordinance mandating vaccination (derived from a Massachusetts law allowing towns to create mandates). He argued that it violated his due process rights, it was unreasonable, arbitrary, and oppressive, and other various objections. The court held that none of this was correct, with the bottom line being that 'personal liberty is not absolute'

It's a decision that has direct relevance today.

The only part of this that I'll disagree with in any way is that constitutionality has little to do with the argument. There's no "constitutional right" associated with it. The only reason the Constitution has any relevance at all is because it doesn't mention vaccination or health measures - which mean those powers are reserved to the states. So, by being silent on the matter, the Constitution allows the states to impose the requirement as one of their non-enumerated "police powers."

Anyone who's never heard of Jacobsen v. Massachusetts should give it a look. In a nutshell, in a 1905 smallpox outbreak, Jacobsen objected to a Cambridge ordinance mandating vaccination (derived from a Massachusetts law allowing towns to create mandates). He argued that it violated his due process rights, it was unreasonable, arbitrary, and oppressive, and other various objections. The court held that none of this was correct, with the bottom line being that 'personal liberty is not absolute'

It's a decision that has direct relevance today.
"Privacy" rights have grown under constitutional law considerably since 1905.

Reactions: etowncoug

Says the guy that wants to shut off healthcare to the unvaccinated.

Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to. Choosing to not get this vaccination is a bad decision that drags out a pandemic that doesn't need to be drawn out more than it already has. The vaccine isn't perfect, but it's not the villainous deadly murder serum that anti-vaxxers have embraced. And if you don't get this vaccine.....embrace the label because it's being applied. 99% of the excuses for skipping the vaccine are total BS.

FWIW, I still say that Rolovich isn't obligated to come out as pro-vaccine as long as Chun and Schulz are ok with it. If they fired him for it though? I would absolutely support that decision.

Keep riding that horse, Flat. There's more than one authoritarian/big pharma way to skin a cat.

Sweden. Israel.

Do the research.

Reactions: Lollapalousa

Would having natural immunity be a part of the 99% BS excuses?

Looks to me like the smallpox case was Jacobsen vs. Massachusetts. Massachusetts is a state, correct?

So the Supreme Court held that a state could mandate vaccination - is that correct?

Yeah, but the current court has already used Jacobson as their precedent a couple times with challenges to the current mandates. And when you get down the the legal fundamentals, these powers are still reserved to the states. There's also the problem that there is no explicit Constitutional right to privacy. That's an implicit right without defined boundaries, and it'll move around with changes to the court...which is part of why the government can't arrest you for buying condoms anymore.

I find it interesting that a mandate is being handed down to small businesses over 100 employers but those coming in from south of the border are not being tested nor are required to get the vaccine.

I mean, if the virus is that deadly...

And FWIW, I am vaxxed.

I find it interesting that a mandate is being handed down to small businesses over 100 employers but those coming in from south of the border are not being tested nor are required to get the vaccine.

I mean, if the virus is that deadly...

And FWIW, I am vaxxed.

Not any more interesting than the fact that members of Congress are exempt from the vaccine mandate, too.

Just like the insider trading laws.

Not any more interesting than the fact that members of Congress are exempt from the vaccine mandate, too.

Just like the insider trading laws.

Except there a lot more people of unknown status coming across the border than their are members of congress.

Reactions: 79COUG
Except there a lot more people of unknown status coming across the border than their are members of congress.

If it saves one life, right?

Why should Congress be exempt? Aren't they representatives of the people of this republic? Do the same standards not pertain to them or are they above the mere unwashed masses?

If it saves one life, right?

Why should Congress be exempt? Aren't they representatives of the people of this republic? Do the same standards not pertain to them or are they above the mere unwashed masses?

I don;t disagree with your point at all.

To answer your question, it does appear that all politicians are above the mere unwashed masses.

Rules for thee but not for me.

Reactions: 79COUG
Yeah, but the current court has already used Jacobson as their precedent a couple times with challenges to the current mandates. And when you get down the the legal fundamentals, these powers are still reserved to the states. There's also the problem that there is no explicit Constitutional right to privacy. That's an implicit right without defined boundaries, and it'll move around with changes to the court...which is part of why the government can't arrest you for buying condoms anymore.
The lack of an explicit right to privacy didn't stop Roe v. Wade.

Let's also be careful about what Jacobson actually held- the $5 fine imposed for refusing the vaccine was upheld. That doesn't mean that the state by force can stick a needle in your arm.

Looks to me like the smallpox case was Jacobsen vs. Massachusetts. Massachusetts is a state, correct?

So the Supreme Court held that a state could mandate vaccination - is that correct?
The state's penalty of a $5 fine (in 1905) was upheld. Is that "mandating vaccination" as in the state can forcibly stick a needle in your arm? Answer- no.

Last edited:
More from Rolo, this regarding Helton being sacked. Man, dude looks like he is NOT having fun lately.

didn't see the whole presser, but did they just skip asking about the win and go straight to shit topics? He's sure acting like that.

Where is the AD and/or School President in all of this ?

Rather than just leaving this guy dangling out there , they need to either publicly back him or cut bait.

Really crazy that they are mostly MIA during all of this , they are lucky they are at WSU they would not get away with that at most places.

No matter which side you are on , everyone has to admit this is more than a little nutty to have it go this long. What is it over a month and half going on 2 months ?

Reactions: BiggsCoug

I agree. The issue with Rolo tho is he was the only monitor as at Pac12 media day. His circle around the Pac12 is very pro vaccine. Merely offering a reason as to why he won’t would be a nice middle ground although I know it’s technically no ones business.

We’ll find out in a month if Rolo either go approved for accommodations or got the shot. Even if he gets the shot watch Rolo continue to wear a mask to mess with people.

We’ll find out in a month if Rolo either go approved for accommodations or got the shot. Even if he gets the shot watch Rolo continue to wear a mask to mess with people.
I'd love to see that. I'll hand it to Rolovich for being more diplomatic with certain questions than necessary. I remember when Leach would get peppered with questions about injuries and he'd go off.

I'd love to see that. I'll hand it to Rolovich for being more diplomatic with certain questions than necessary. I remember when Leach would get peppered with questions about injuries and he'd go off.

Leach was asked at his Media Day if he was vaccinated and he said “If I was or wasn’t I wouldnt tell you” and they never spoke of it again. It’s just the part of the country we’re in.

Keep riding that horse, Flat. There's more than one authoritarian/big pharma way to skin a cat.

Sweden. Israel.

Do the research.
Yes...I told my kid this past weekend go ahead and get herpes. That will instill antibodies. Of course there is Joe Rogan who was vaxed and that helped him make it through. There is no data that says horse deworming does.

Reactions: wazzucougs96
Yes...I told my kid this past weekend go ahead and get herpes. That will instill antibodies. Of course there is Joe Rogan who was vaxed and that helped him make it through. There is no data that says horse deworming does.

That’s a false analogy . Actively seeking to acquire a virus is entirely different than already having it, acquiring natural immunity and then being forced to inject a less effective version of the same virus into ones system

But you already should know that.

This extreme privacy and all the little secrets is fine, if you are an 8th grade girl.
if you are a grown man in a leadership position, act like one.
If you are too afraid to get the vaccine, say so and resign.
Otherwise get it, and just tell everyone you got it.
Its weak, pathetic and just stupid.
So tired of this jackass- really don't care he beat Portland State by almost 3 touchdowns.

Make sure it was worth the herpes.

Leach was asked at his Media Day if he was vaccinated and he said “If I was or wasn’t I wouldnt tell you” and they never spoke of it again. It’s just the part of the country we’re in.

I bet Leach is as happy as a kid with a new bike.

That’s a false analogy . Actively seeking to acquire a virus is entirely different than already having it, acquiring natural immunity and then being forced to inject a less effective version of the same virus into ones system

But you already should know that.
Regarding covid, neither the Pfizer, nor Moderna vaccine, inject the virus into one's system.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT