ADVERTISEMENT

Rolo grilled by Chris Daniels

I bet Leach is as happy as a kid with a new bike.
Doesn't have to deal with a white woman school bureaucrat living in another state trying to deprive his minority players their due process because of an ideological opposition to sports or the male gender.

Except the flu vaccine is a guess at which strain will be the dominate one. And its an actual vaccine, or what the masses would think of when thinking of a vaccine.

Moderna and Pfizer are not vaccines
Yeah, they're better than traditional vaccines. Since they don't contain actual virus, there's actually no possibility of them giving you the illness they protect against.

We’ll find out in a month if Rolo either go approved for accommodations or got the shot. Even if he gets the shot watch Rolo continue to wear a mask to mess with people.
No, we won't. We'll find out if he complied with the requirement. That will be a yes or no, not a description of how.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDCoug
The state's penalty of a $5 fine (in 1905) was upheld. Is that "mandating vaccination" as in the state can forcibly stick a needle in your arm? Answer- no.
The state's authority to impose a vaccination requirement and associated penalties was upheld. That includes the fine and the order that the violator be detained until the fine was paid.
So, forcibly stick a needle in your arm...no. Toss you in jail and fine you until you let them...yes.

Except there a lot more people of unknown status coming across the border than their are members of congress.
I'm more afraid of the members of congress than I am of anyone at the border. They're the group that's actually a greater risk to negatively impact my life.

I'm more afraid of the members of congress than I am of anyone at the border. They're the group that's actually a greater risk to negatively impact my life.

I agree...but my argument was specifically related to Covid and the hypocrisy of the mandate

The state's penalty of a $5 fine (in 1905) was upheld. Is that "mandating vaccination" as in the state can forcibly stick a needle in your arm? Answer- no.

$5 or no - did Jacobsen explicitly grant the federal government the authority to mandate vaccination?

Alternatively, under what Constitutional authority is that granted to the federal government?

I agree...but my argument was specifically related to Covid and the hypocrisy of the mandate
News flash sponge … you were mandated to get Vaxed. Your nieces were mandated to get vaxed. If there weren’t vaxed they couldn’t go to school or play in sports .

If the word mandate bothers you use the word public health requirement . I had to meet that public health requirement .

$5 or no - did Jacobsen explicitly grant the federal government the authority to mandate vaccination?

Alternatively, under what Constitutional authority is that granted to the federal government?
Rolo and others don’t have to get a shot. They have the choice not to . There are certain things they won’t be allowed to do . But they don’t have to take the shot .

That’s a false analogy . Actively seeking to acquire a virus is entirely different than already having it, acquiring natural immunity and then being forced to inject a less effective version of the same virus into ones system

But you already should know that.
Actually it isn’t a false analogy .

and as you may well know about Sweden their economy shrank by 8.4% compared to its neighbors that felines by 7.8%. Also people in Sweden were ten times more likely to die that Norway or Sweden .

News flash sponge … you were mandated to get Vaxed. Your nieces were mandated to get vaxed. If there weren’t vaxed they couldn’t go to school or play in sports .

If the word mandate bothers you use the word public health requirement . I had to meet that public health requirement .

Why is the federal government only requiring certain sectors of the population be vaxxed...but then has no problem letting migrants of unknown vaccination status in the country with no plans of mandating a vaccine for them per Jen Psaki?

I know...to even question such a thing is "racist" per the left and wokism.

Last edited:

Was that at issue in Jacobsen?

Would that even be at issue with the current OSHA reg?

What authority are you citing for position that either mandates by state, private companies, or the OSHA refs are unconstitutional?

Why is the federal government only requiring certain sectors of the population be vaxxed...but then has no problem letting migrants of unknown vaccination status in the country with no plans of mandating a vaccine for them per Jen Psaki.

I know...to even question such a thing is "racist"
Is this true? Becausenthey just stopped a bunch of Afghans from entering due to a measles outbreak. According the state dept, any of these refugees will need to be up to date on vaccinations. That's all I have to say about that

Why is the federal government only requiring certain sectors of the population be vaxxed...but then has no problem letting migrants of unknown vaccination status in the country with no plans of mandating a vaccine for them per Jen Psaki.

I know...to even question such a thing is "racist"
The federal government is requiring federal employees, otherwise it is neutral, and it has put forth regulation with requirements for large employers.

Are you unable to think of any reason it might not directly require vaccination for everyone? For one, how do you propose enforcing that other than through employer mandates,etc? For regulation on large employers, might a purpose be to not require the compliance burdens for smaller businesses?

Is this true? Becausenthey just stopped a bunch of Afghans from entering due to a measles outbreak. According the state dept, any of these refugees will need to be up to date on vaccinations. That's all I have to say about that

Well...that is what Jen Psaki said in her press conference when asked if the policy was to mandate a vaccine for small businesses of 100 or more but not require migrants to get vaccinated.

Her response was "correct"

The federal government is requiring federal employees, otherwise it is neutral, and it has put forth regulation with requirements for large employers.

Are you unable to think of any reason it might not directly require vaccination for everyone? For one, how do you propose enforcing that other than through employer mandates,etc? For regulation on large employers, might a purpose be to not require the compliance burdens for smaller businesses?

I can see your point...but they are mandating vaccines for small businesses over 100 employees

NFL teams fired coaches that refused to take the vaccine. And Navy's assistant coach Billy Ray Stutzmann, was fired yesterday, apparently Navy wouldn't allow the religious excuse. If the name Stutzmann looks familiar yes they are related.

This whole thing has just not been a good look for WSU, if the cases were declining this might have been less of an issue, but still an issue. The fact that the case numbers keep climbing puts a bigger magnifying glass on those in key positions that refuse to get the vaccine. I believe the Governor set October 15th as the deadline, if the Cougs are 1-5 after the Beaver game(10/9), and they can legally get out of the contract, or at least limit the buyout, there maybe some heads that roll. The season is already gone, and in reality you have a coach that is insubordinate to the wishes of his boss and President of the University. Don't think there isn't a lot of pressure on Chun and Schultz, I am sure they are catching heat daily, from all different directions.

Why is the federal government only requiring certain sectors of the population be vaxxed...but then has no problem letting migrants of unknown vaccination status in the country with no plans of mandating a vaccine for them per Jen Psaki?

I know...to even question such a thing is "racist" per the left and wokism.
Easy answer…. They aren’t us citizens. They don’t make up a huge part of the labor force .

Life isn’t fair . I can’t light up a pall mall in the airplane I was on Sunday . Nothjng is perfect . Under ideal circumstances the people coming across the border should be jabbed. But if they are going to be sent back and we have ability to use that vaccine on us citizens I am fine with it.

Nothing woke or racist about it . If we have to end air travel in from Europe to help mitigate our problems that at is what has to be done .

Life isn’t fair. Politicians are far from perfect, and they are hypocrites . So what . Because Falwells wife blows 20 year olds , does that mean it is unfair cause I am not 20? Or that someone who goes to church sees church is now the devil? We should do what we do as citizens because we should be in this together.

Again, you are barking up a tree that you have never fought vaccine mandates before and this is the one you choose.

My closest friend whose older is in uw med because of covid . The guys wife who was vaxed mild symptoms .

I am in sc today. Local hospital had 86 patience on ventilators , 80 not vaxed. 544 cases of covid in the hospital , 509 weren’t vaxed. 160 patients in icu, 150 not vaxed.

So whatever red head jen says it shouldn’t matter.

I can see your point...but they are mandating vaccines for small businesses over 100 employees
Sort of, but there are a lot of ways around it. My company is over 100 employees, but we're a manufacturer, and we have a lot of production folks from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds who are resisting the vaccine. If we play hardball with them, our production will get crushed.

The solution? We reclassified a few of our departments as "government contractors" and 1090 employees so that we now appear as a company with just over 50 employees.

There's a lot of division on this mandate, and there's a media perception that only white republicans from Red states are taking a stand against it. That's not the case.

Police powers belong to the state, so no.

The recent "mandate" is coming about under OSHA.

Reactions: Observer11
Easy answer…. They aren’t us citizens. They don’t make up a huge part of the labor force .

Life isn’t fair . I can’t light up a pall mall in the airplane I was on Sunday . Nothjng is perfect . Under ideal circumstances the people coming across the border should be jabbed. But if they are going to be sent back and we have ability to use that vaccine on us citizens I am fine with it.

Nothing woke or racist about it . If we have to end air travel in from Europe to help mitigate our problems that at is what has to be done .

Life isn’t fair. Politicians are far from perfect, and they are hypocrites . So what . Because Falwells wife blows 20 year olds , does that mean it is unfair cause I am not 20? Or that someone who goes to church sees church is now the devil? We should do what we do as citizens because we should be in this together.

Again, you are barking up a tree that you have never fought vaccine mandates before and this is the one you choose.

My closest friend whose older is in uw med because of covid . The guys wife who was vaxed mild symptoms .

I am in sc today. Local hospital had 86 patience on ventilators , 80 not vaxed. 544 cases of covid in the hospital , 509 weren’t vaxed. 160 patients in icu, 150 not vaxed.

So whatever red head jen says it shouldn’t matter.
Well. It wasn't fair I had to go to church every Sunday. and Becky Falwell
wasn't at my church doing the lord's work

I thought this was about stopping the spread of a deadly disease?

If so, then letting migrants across the border without unknown status and without requiring a vaccine is pretty flawed logic...as is forbidding people from seeing their family on lockdown but letting certain groups protest and loot to their hearts content

Last edited:
Except the flu vaccine is a guess at which strain will be the dominate one. And its an actual vaccine, or what the masses would think of when thinking of a vaccine.

You didn't get the obvious association between Moderna, Pfizer and the virus itself I thought it was just a simple mistake myself.

Military forces vaccines as most know and during my active duty time in the Navy, every year that I received the flu shot, I came down with the flu badly. Whether the flu vaccine was intended to do that or not, without fail, I would get it. Military spending doesn't care too much as to the quality of the product so much as the quantity it receives when accepting bids for these contracts. Since I left the military back in 97', I never again received the Flu shot. To this day, I can count on one hand how many times I came down with the flu since my departure from the Navy. The main reason was how my immune system reacted to the shot and the other was that I have read many times as to the effectiveness of it. It seemed like it was 65% (or so) effective against the current strain at that time. So weighing my past encounters with the flu vaccine and the current effectiveness of vaccines being distributed, I never felt it was in my best interest to get it.

I am not taking the same approach with Covid but I am putting a lot of weight on the fact that I already have natural antibodies from prior infection. This inept, delusional administration (along with the Demi-God Fauci) are seemingly just ignoring and/or sidestepping this aspect of all immunizations for reasons unbeknownst to me and most others that have acquired immunity from prior infection.

Well. It wasn't fair I had to go to church every Sunday. and Becky Falwell
wasn't at my church doing the lord's work

I thought this was about stopping the spread of a deadly disease?

If so, then letting migrants across the border without unknown status and without requiring a vaccine is pretty flawed logic...as is forbidding people from seeing their family on lockdown but letting certain groups protest and loot to their hearts content
I suppose that is one way to look at it. Ever see a company work perfect. The CEO might be a clown show but people below him or her are ultra competent. You have many forces pulling many different directions. Let me ask you this....you think the kid storming normandy would give a crap about masks, vaccines, or who they let in? They simply know what is best and do what they can do to help this country. I agree our leadership has failed us at every turn and it doesn't matter if it is Trump, Desantis, Newsome, Hillary or Biden. Just cause they are FU's why should I screw up and make it ok for kids not to go to class, for business owners to fail cause people choose not to go, or kids in college to experience the same thing you and I did. So no I don't care if illegals are not getting the shot. Get 85% of the country vaxed and we don't have to worry.

Was that at issue in Jacobsen?

Would that even be at issue with the current OSHA reg?

What authority are you citing for position that either mandates by state, private companies, or the OSHA refs are unconstitutional?
The Federal government was not at issue in Jacobson. The challenge was to the authority of the State of Massachusetts to enact a vaccination requirement. The court held that public health requirements are an element of "police powers", and since those are not specifically reserved to the federal government by the Constitution, they are powers of the state....and therefore the requirement was legal.

I think it could be argued that since Jacobson held that the vaccination is a power of the state, it cannot be a broad power of the federal government. In other words, the President can't enact a requirement that all US citizens/residents be vaccinated.

However...the Federal government can regulate interstate commerce - although to what extent is up for debate - so that creates some authority to impose working standards. They can also make vaccination a condition of employment, contracting, or funding (which they're doing), and that action covers an awful lot of workers. OSHA is also charged with protecting employees from hazards, including health hazards, and has authority to impose protections as well.

Problem I see with the OSHA approach is that there's no precedent I'm aware of for OSHA-mandated vaccination. The only vaccination I can think of in their worker standards are the hepatitis vaccine for people exposed to bloodborne pathogens, but workers are allowed to opt out of it - and don't have to provide any reason to do so. There are some worker settings where there are additional protections, but OSHA rules rely on preventing exposure, rather than on vaccination. The only way I can see this rule sticking requires that:
  1. COVID be defined as a "grave danger" in the workplace. Based on precedent, they'll need to state (and support how they determined) that workers will be exposed in the workplace and will die as a direct result of that exposure without the rule.
  2. They'll have to explain why COVID is more dangerous than hepatitis, measles, flu, MRSA, tuberculosis, Ebola, and every other contagious illness that we don't have mandatory vaccination for.
  3. They'll have to indicate - and support - how their rule will prevent the exposures and deaths mentioned in #1. They'll also have to show that those exposures and deaths can't reasonably be prevented using other methods.
The rule will be issued and will go into effect before it's challenged, but I see very little likelihood of it standing up to challenge. Most of OSHA's previous emergency rules have failed in the courts, including one about asbestos protections.

Bottom line, I think the OSHA path fails. While tying Federal funding to vaccination goes a long way, ultimately state requirements would be the most effective way to implement a mandate.

Reactions: Observer11
The Federal government was not at issue in Jacobson. The challenge was to the authority of the State of Massachusetts to enact a vaccination requirement. The court held that public health requirements are an element of "police powers", and since those are not specifically reserved to the federal government by the Constitution, they are powers of the state....and therefore the requirement was legal.

I think it could be argued that since Jacobson held that the vaccination is a power of the state, it cannot be a broad power of the federal government. In other words, the President can't enact a requirement that all US citizens/residents be vaccinated.

However...the Federal government can regulate interstate commerce - although to what extent is up for debate - so that creates some authority to impose working standards. They can also make vaccination a condition of employment, contracting, or funding (which they're doing), and that action covers an awful lot of workers. OSHA is also charged with protecting employees from hazards, including health hazards, and has authority to impose protections as well.

Problem I see with the OSHA approach is that there's no precedent I'm aware of for OSHA-mandated vaccination. The only vaccination I can think of in their worker standards are the hepatitis vaccine for people exposed to bloodborne pathogens, but workers are allowed to opt out of it - and don't have to provide any reason to do so. There are some worker settings where there are additional protections, but OSHA rules rely on preventing exposure, rather than on vaccination. The only way I can see this rule sticking requires that:
  1. COVID be defined as a "grave danger" in the workplace. Based on precedent, they'll need to state (and support how they determined) that workers will be exposed in the workplace and will die as a direct result of that exposure without the rule.
  2. They'll have to explain why COVID is more dangerous than hepatitis, measles, flu, MRSA, tuberculosis, Ebola, and every other contagious illness that we don't have mandatory vaccination for.
  3. They'll have to indicate - and support - how their rule will prevent the exposures and deaths mentioned in #1. They'll also have to show that those exposures and deaths can't reasonably be prevented using other methods.
The rule will be issued and will go into effect before it's challenged, but I see very little likelihood of it standing up to challenge. Most of OSHA's previous emergency rules have failed in the courts, including one about asbestos protections.

Bottom line, I think the OSHA path fails. While tying Federal funding to vaccination goes a long way, ultimately state requirements would be the most effective way to implement a mandate.
Well reasoned response.

There's no reason why we have to be mutually exclusive on this.
Nope… there is no reason we can’t have a balanced attack in football. But we don’t and we deal with what we have and work toward making both inclusive .

Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to. Choosing to not get this vaccination is a bad decision that drags out a pandemic that doesn't need to be drawn out more than it already has. The vaccine isn't perfect, but it's not the villainous deadly murder serum that anti-vaxxers have embraced. And if you don't get this vaccine.....embrace the label because it's being applied. 99% of the excuses for skipping the vaccine are total BS.

FWIW, I still say that Rolovich isn't obligated to come out as pro-vaccine as long as Chun and Schulz are ok with it. If they fired him for it though? I would absolutely support that decision.
I just read Pfizer will begin releasing data to FDA about efforts to get kids 6+ months old vaxxed. I'm also reading that teenagers are 6x more likely to be hospitalized due to vax complications than of COVID itself. With young ones, the cure appears to be worse than the disease.

I am vaxxed, but I have 2 kids under 4 years old, and I'll be up on my roof Ruby Ridge style before I let them inject my kids on an emergency basis. Do you consider vaxxed people like me to be "anti vaxxers"?

I just read Pfizer will begin releasing data to FDA about efforts to get kids 6+ months old vaxxed. I'm also reading that teenagers are 6x more likely to be hospitalized due to vax complications than of COVID itself. With young ones, the cure appears to be worse than the disease.

I am vaxxed, but I have 2 kids under 4 years old, and I'll be up on my roof Ruby Ridge style before I let them inject my kids on an emergency basis. Do you consider vaxxed people like me to be "anti vaxxers"?

People "read thing" all the time that say how bad the vaccine is and the vast majority is made up crap that isn't based on any kind of reality. I have several family members that are nurses and they don't come home with stories about teenagers suffering complications from the vaccine but they have plenty of stories of people in the hospital that aren't vaccinated. So sick of the anti-vaccine propaganda.

Don't you know by now you're just supposed to shut up and do what you're told?

Last edited:

Yeah we are going to need to see your sources for this.

Reactions: bogusto
People "read thing" all the time that say how bad the vaccine is and the vast majority is made up crap that isn't based on any kind of reality. I have several family members that are nurses and they don't come home with stories about teenagers suffering complications from the vaccine but they have plenty of stories of people in the hospital that aren't vaccinated. So sick of the anti-vaccine propaganda.
Yes, I'm sure they spend their time reading case studies and white papers so that they can be on the front lines of "the science."

Data minutia doesn't matter (1.6% death rate in the US total, excluding undocumented cases that are estimated to be 17 million [41.5million official cases]) until it does (oh, those kids with complications are such a small percentage, who cares?)(under 18 0.067% death rate, 1.9% hospitalization rate).

Anti-vax, anti-science, Trump supporter!

Probably because teenagers are the least vaccinated age group in the country. But hey, since you haven’t heard about it, it doesn’t exist.

Don't you know by now you're just supposed to shut up and do what you're told?
No but you aren’t suppose to believe bill gates is putting a chip in peoples arm . They have known how to make vaccines forever. They know the ingredients . Not all that different from making a yellow or white cake. They know through science the basic ingredients. They also know unlike other drugs it is one and done, vs taking other pills every day. The vaccine is flushed out of your system within six weeks, unlike other drugs. That is why they know the side affects . And we have been long told to take vaccines, we are just now pretending this is the first time it has been mandated .

There is a thing called karma. Could you imagine if the virus morphed to where it prevents the Johnson’s of say 25 to 55 year old men from working ? And part of the answer is to get everyone vaxed . I would laugh my ass off …. Sorry can’t help you mr 25-55, not my problem . Hasn’t affected the right age group or my age group.

And not one person has given even a half attempt of assurance the next iteration won’t affect the 25-44 year old crowd.

Last edited:
Reactions: wazzucougs96
No but you aren’t suppose to believe bill gates is putting a chip in peoples arm . They have known how to make vaccines forever. They know the ingredients . Not all that different from making a yellow or white cake. They know through science the basic ingredients. They also know unlike other drugs it is one and done, vs taking other pills every day. The vaccine is flushed out of your system with six weeks, unlike other drugs. And we have been long told to take vaccines, we are just now pretending this is the first time it has been mandated .

I think it is pretty F'd up that Chip raises a concern about his kids...but the people on here are basically just telling him to shut up and get his kids vaxxed...like everyone on here knows everyting about vaccines and what is best for his kids

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT