ADVERTISEMENT

Running Back A Growing Concern

I thought the kids from tumwater actually looked decent. Like Sean McGrew ish. I know there isn’t a stand out at the moment but not panicking knowing what the offense aims to do. Any number of slot receivers could be our “runningback”

Trying to be optimistic here, this is the Air Raid, so we won't run as much as last year, and actually their blocking ability is as important as their running ability . These guys need to be able to catch the ball out of the backfield, there is some speed back there between Bazil, I'd love to see him show something this year, Schlenbaker, and Jenkins. If they get get into some open space catching the ball out of the backfield, they are all quick and fast enough to turn it into a long gain. And hopefully one or two of them stand out this fall. Counting on a couple of freshman running backs is always risky. Borghi did alright, so it's possible. At this time RB does not appear to be one of the stronger areas on the team, I hope they prove me wrong.

Reactions: Coug90
Trying to be optimistic here, this is the Air Raid, so we won't run as much as last year, and actually their blocking ability is as important as their running ability . These guys need to be able to catch the ball out of the backfield, there is some speed back there between Bazil, I'd love to see him show something this year, Schlenbaker, and Jenkins. If they get get into some open space catching the ball out of the backfield, they are all quick and fast enough to turn it into a long gain. And hopefully one or two of them stand out this fall. Counting on a couple of freshman running backs is always risky. Borghi did alright, so it's possible. At this time RB does not appear to be one of the stronger areas on the team, I hope they prove me wrong.

I read Bazil is buried in the depth chart. He has always been a great mystery.

I thought the kids from tumwater actually looked decent. Like Sean McGrew ish. I know there isn’t a stand out at the moment but not panicking knowing what the offense aims to do. Any number of slot receivers could be our “runningback”
Paine and Katzer might suprise us, but if we are relying on Walk on running backs we have issues.

I read Bazil is buried in the depth chart. He has always been a great mystery.
It was Pointed out importance above of ability to pass block in these schemes. My guess is that’s it. 5 yards a carry will turn to 3 real quick when you starting QB gets broken in half because the back whiffed on his block. If Watson hasn’t greatly improved on his pass blocking from the bowl game he won’t play much either imo. Yeah, the running game is a concern considering how solid we all knew it was going into last season.

Reactions: 425cougfan
Nakia Watson
Jouvensly Bazil
Djouvensky Schlenbaker
Kannon Katzer WO
Jaylen Jenkins
Dylan Paine WO
Jaxon Sawyer WO

like you’ve all said this maybe our weakest point.

Nakia Watson -couldn’t pass pro in bowl game
Jouvensly Bazil -? Guessing same
Djouvensky Schlenbaker -Frosh?
Kannon Katzer WO -looked good in spring scrimmage I thought
Jaylen Jenkins ?
Dylan Paine WO ?
Jaxon Sawyer WO ?

like you’ve all said this maybe our weakest point.
Defense gonna need to bring it. And Cam better be something special. Can’t see how not a huge step back from Borghi/DM. Prove me wrong young bucks!

Defense gonna need to bring it. And Cam better be something special. Can’t see how not a huge step back from Borghi/DM. Prove me wrong young bucks!
No one can prove you wrong until the games start but Jenkins looks like a big play threat and if Schlenbaker can get some tough inside yards the running game might be better than you think. Yes the O-line needs to develop.

ADVERTISEMENT