ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Huard hits the portal

I could see him going programs such as Cal or Stanford who may need some help at QB. Sounds like they have some unknowns coming up.

One rumor/idea is he might go to Cal Poly where his HS coach is the OC under Wulff.

Might be a good opportunity to put up some big numbers if that's his goal.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought he sucked double donkey.
Pretty unfair. He was horrible against the Cougs in the Apple Cup but otherwise really wasn't given much of an opportunity. With Penix returning it makes sense for him to seek less purple pastures. There are lots of places that will be willing to give him a shot.

Pretty unfair. He was horrible against the Cougs in the Apple Cup but otherwise really wasn't given much of an opportunity. With Penix returning it makes sense for him to seek less purple pastures. There are lots of places that will be willing to give him a shot.
Didn't he have the opportunity in two spring camps and two fall camps? That should be enough to know if the guy will be a playah.

Didn't he have the opportunity in two spring camps and two fall camps? That should be enough to know if the guy will be a playah.
Well he probably would have beat out Morris but Penix had a lot more experience and had already played for Deboer at Indiana. I think he will get a shot at a power 5 program. I just don't know who is desperate for a QB. Arizona St? Cal? UCLA?

A former 5* with a name like his is going to draw big program interest.
I agree he should draw interest, but all big programs should have their QB situations figured out by now. He wants to play and get some tape I'm sure. I doubt he wants to sit anymore. The college tape he has now is not real good.
I could see him going to a small school to get PT, having success, and then transfer to a bigger program. Just my thoughts...

Skill wise, Central or W. Washington might be the best fit, but his name may get him into a solid program to hold a clipboard. He should follow Joey Hobert.

Skill wise, Central or W. Washington might be the best fit, but his name may get him into a solid program to hold a clipboard. He should follow Joey Hobert.
I think that Evergreen may be the best fit for him.......5 interceptions in the Apple Cup!

ADVERTISEMENT