Sam Pittman to Arkansas...

32eekortS

All Conference
Nov 9, 2019
...”90% done” according to S.I.

Eliah Drinkwitz possibly to Missouri.

Last edited:
Yeah, that hire makes no sense.

I don’t understand the Drinkman allure either. 1 year at Appalachian State is basically his resume.

Both cheap hires I guess.

Evidently he had been promoted to assistant head coach recently He has a good reputation as a recruiter also.

im guessing they are under a money restraint owing 2-3 coaches on remaining salary. Believe it or not, FSU had cash problems with their hire-according to boosters and alums.....they settled on Norvell as he was the cheapest at a little over 4 million.

Arkansas was supposed to be rich, they aren't or they have major dissension amongst boosters and are unwilling to pay.

There just doesn't seem to be a lot of quality head coaches available.

I felt years ago when WSU hired Turd there were kids in the team meeting who genuinely had zero clue who he was.

Same thing just happened at Arkansas.

Arkansas, regardless of how much resources it has, is a graveyard. In no way, shape or form is it a better job than WSU. Same for Mizzou.

Pittman was an assistant coach at Arkansas from 2013-15 under Bielema, so he understands the culture. I've been to Fayetteville. It's unique.

Pittman was making a reported 1 million per year. Also he has 25 years experience coaching football but never as a head coach

Pittman is a very well regarded guy among the Arkansas player alumni, and one of the best position coaches out there. Perhaps he’ll be just what they need?

im guessing they are under a money restraint owing 2-3 coaches on remaining salary. Believe it or not, FSU had cash problems with their hire-according to boosters and alums.....they settled on Norvell as he was the cheapest at a little over 4 million.

Arkansas was supposed to be rich, they aren't or they have major dissension amongst boosters and are unwilling to pay.

Which makes you think they’d go with the interim guy to save money on the assistants.

Two SEC HCs walk into a high school to talk with the same kid. Kid can only pick one.

Who is it gonna be?
Saban or Pittman?
Orgeron or Pittman?
Kiffin or Pittman?
Smart or Pittman?
Malzahn or Pittman?
Pruitt or Pittman?
Fisher or Pittman?

Name brand matters. Arkansas failed at hiring.

Which makes you think they’d go with the interim guy to save money on the assistants.
there was talk of that, fan base reaction was bad. Barry Lunney the interim or old butch davis were their last two options if sam pittman said no.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT