ADVERTISEMENT

SC predictions

cr8zyncalif

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
1.) The freshman QB will not be asked to do too much in the first quarter. Hand off. Maybe the occasional option run/pass. A few dump passes. If SC can get and keep the lead playing conservative, then that is what they will do for the whole game.
2.) If the Cougs can put some points up early, SC will eventually have to move out of the conservative offense mode. That is a really tough spot to be in with a true frosh QB in his 4th game of the season.
3.) I foresee a lot of man coverage with extra crowding in the box for our D. If we can get away with that and force the pass, it should be a good afternoon for the Cougs.
4.) SC will be more humble for this game than we have probably ever seen them. No arrogance; no overconfidence; minimal attitude. They will show up ready to play. Their backs are to the wall and their coaching staff will make sure that they know it.

Cougs MUST play 4 SOLID quarters.
Force sc into long drives.
No short fields.

This will be the first game that will really test the physicality of the defensive line. IF we can force Daniels into a lot of 3rd and long situations I think we win. But that's only if we can stop Carr and Co. SC looks more vulnerable than I thought they were, but this will be a real test. It'll be a test for Minshew and the o-line too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT