ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage Report: Cooper makes progress but QB depth chart unchanged

Great to hear Cooper’s play get a call out from Leach. It’s looking like this will be the last bridge year at the QB position. Cooper and Cruz appear to be ready to take control of the depth chart next Spring.

I like the fact that Leach isn’t reshuffling based on one day’s work. But if Gordon has many days with 3 INTs, he’s going to be looking up at Cooper.

Reactions: earldacoug
I like the fact that Leach isn’t reshuffling based on one day’s work. But if Gordon has many days with 3 INTs, he’s going to be looking up at Cooper.

If you watch the highlights, Gordons picks were on him as well. These weren't bad breaks or phenomenal defensive plays. It's the biggest concern with Anthony Gordon. Those type of individual performances cost teams games.

Agree. As much as I like Gordon, that many INTs simply will not be tolerated. His picks were just really bad throws.

Tay Martin looks bigger/stronger, plus laying the wood. Beautiful stride too.

.42 mark of the video

Tay Martin looks bigger/stronger, plus laying the wood. Beautiful stride too.

.42 mark of the video

Hobbs has some wheels. It's good that some of the QB's had a good day and "i'm not reading too much into one bad day. The coaching staff keeps too many secrets to derive anything from what they say. Wasn't it a week before the season that we knew that Minshew guy was the starter.

Last edited:
Wasn't it a week before the season that we knew that Minshew guy was the starter.

Nope. I knew Minshew was going to be the starter the day Leach signed him. I feel the same about Gubrud, although his health clouds things a bit.

He’s every skinny cornerbacks nightmare.

For sure.

By the way, I was wondering what his story was so I did a google search. He was an all everything football player at Olympia: all state, all area, all league multiple years.

His Hudl tape is a fun watch. Dude is a beast, strong, very aggressive, and he just looks and plays like a throwback football player. His Hudl profile states that he runs a 4.75, 405 bench, and a 615 squat, and that's from high school!

https://www.hudl.com/profile/1804956/Clay-Markoff

For sure.

By the way, I was wondering what his story was so I did a google search. He was an all everything football player at Olympia: all state, all area, all league multiple years.

His Hudl tape is a fun watch. Dude is a beast, strong, very aggressive, and he just looks and plays like a throwback football player. His Hudl profile states that he runs a 4.75, 405 bench, and a 615 squat, and that's from high school!

That was a fun watch. I hope they can figure out how to get him on the field.

For sure.

Amazing he squats 600 plus and he still looks top heavy.

OK Nostradamus...who's starting this year?

I think that they clearly brought in Gubrud to start, but his injury is a bit of a concern. It looks like it's clearing up though, and barring no further setbacks, I think he'll be under center for the opener. The question is, who will be the #2? It's not a given that Gubrud will stay off the injury list next season. Tinsley seems to be leading the battle of the guys competing now.

Last edited:
Love the idea that a big LB style kid that can lay the wood is willing to move to RB. Meaning he isn't afraid of contact. He see's his lane closing up, he's willing to, not only take a hit, but GIVE a hit. Yet another wrinkle for the AirRaid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT