ADVERTISEMENT

SEC money

Seeing this tied to future increases in media rights $ makes me even more grateful that we don't have to spend the next three years hearing about how the new media rights deal is going to make up for what then would be 13 years of Emperor Larry's reign.

The SEC's motto is "It Just Means More"

Hard to argue that.
I did not know that, Patrol. Thank you for the info. And, as you say, in the SEC football certainly means more. More than an education, more than academic progress, more than pretty much anything other than the business model. At least they are honest and up front about it...can't accuse anyone there of being in denial.

The Pac-12 understands that its going to take time to "right the ship" collectively.

As Schutlz stated, we need to collectively work together to get kids to stay in the Pac-12. I think largely that will mean the conference selling the conference in part with the schools selling themselves.

I also think the SEC is fraught with un-checked recruiting violations and with the new pay for likeness rules, this will finally provide some transparency in this area (hopefully improved oversight as well).

Time and patience. Limo Larry was at the helm to long and all the blame lies on the Pac-12 Presidents and Chancellors.

The SEC's motto is "It Just Means More"

Hard to argue that.
It's even gotten meta. More years than not, you can attend a big rivalry game (e.g, World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party) and, after one team who wouldn't piss on their enemy if they were on fire surrenders the game, everyone leaves the stadium yelling "SEC! SEC!" I know, I've been there a handful of such times.

So not only do they care more, they care that they care more. I think CFB as a cultural institution will go extinct long before the P12 comes close to catching up.

It's even gotten meta. More years than not, you can attend a big rivalry game (e.g, World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party) and, after one team who wouldn't piss on their enemy if they were on fire surrenders the game, everyone leaves the stadium yelling "SEC! SEC!" I know, I've been there a handful of such times.

So not only do they care more, they care that they care more. I think CFB as a cultural institution will go extinct long before the P12 comes close to catching up.

Amazing (objectively, but not amazing to me, having seen "SEC" chants a few times). Agree with your last line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT