ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Day for Women today

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
So we are losing Bella and Bea, 2 starters.
Leger-Walker probably as well, but I hold out hope. If she is going to miss basically the entire WNBA season, how attractive will she be especially coming off injury? Ripping up the WCC next year might help her profile a lot. Wonder what her degree status is. Teder? I dunno her life plans, not WNBA bound. I had not really followed the women previously, but I see she started every game in 22-23. There's our 4th starter if she stays. Never too impressed with Clarke, she can graduate IMHO.

Leger-Walker probably as well, but I hold out hope. If she is going to miss basically the entire WNBA season, how attractive will she be especially coming off injury? Ripping up the WCC next year might help her profile a lot. Wonder what her degree status is. Teder? I dunno her life plans, not WNBA bound. I had not really followed the women previously, but I see she started every game in 22-23. There's our 4th starter if she stays. Never too impressed with Clarke, she can graduate IMHO.
51-35 Cougs start of 4th q....

I wouldn’t be surprised if CL-W leaves, but think she comes back. Teder is out of eligibility.

I wouldn’t be surprised if CL-W leaves, but think she comes back. Teder is out of eligibility.
Well that Goddam Brand X. They said she could come back if she wanted. Apparently from the mouth of CKE:

"No I don't think they have (made a decision)," Ethridge said of Leger-Walker, Teder and Clarke. "All of them are at different stages of their careers. All of them have battled injuries. I think Jess is probably the one I would look at and go I definitely think she's going to be done. It's just been long-term for her. Jo's in a different spot because she's starting to feel a little bit better because all the time off she's been able to take. Clearly, Charlisse has aspirations for next-level things."
  • Leger-Walker: she was widely thought headed to the pro ranks after her fourth college season, but a season-ending knee injury might make the covid extra year of eligibility alluring.
  • Johanna Teder: she missed this entire season due to injury but is thinking she may be healthy enough to use the extra covid season.
  • Jessica Clarke: she has a covid year available as well.

Are you sure on Teder? If she was eligible this year and didn't play she should still have that year. I agree (or hope) CLW may come back simply because of WNBA season timing.

Well that Goddam Brand X. They said she could come back if she wanted. Apparently from the mouth of CKE:

"No I don't think they have (made a decision)," Ethridge said of Leger-Walker, Teder and Clarke. "All of them are at different stages of their careers. All of them have battled injuries. I think Jess is probably the one I would look at and go I definitely think she's going to be done. It's just been long-term for her. Jo's in a different spot because she's starting to feel a little bit better because all the time off she's been able to take. Clearly, Charlisse has aspirations for next-level things."
  • Leger-Walker: she was widely thought headed to the pro ranks after her fourth college season, but a season-ending knee injury might make the covid extra year of eligibility alluring.
  • Johanna Teder: she missed this entire season due to injury but is thinking she may be healthy enough to use the extra covid season.
  • Jessica Clarke: she has a covid year available as well.
You can go to Brand X and read both articles (today and on Feb 23) where I pulled the above info......I won't link due to Board protocols. Since I am meek and obedient to a fault. :)

You can go to Brand X and read both articles (today and on Feb 23) where I pulled the above info......I won't link due to Board protocols. Since I am meek and obedient to a fault. :)
That’s great to hear. When Ethridge spoke about Teder at the start of the year, she said Teder would go pro after recovering from her injury. Would like to see all 3 stick around for another year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT