ADVERTISEMENT

Smith on Recruiting

Thanks for the link. Enjoyable read. I really like how Smith comes across. He knows what he is doing. I think we all knew that his wife is from Chelan. I didn't know his father lives in Seattle. Hopefully, he has found a long-term home in Pullman with family being close.
She’s from Manson

Hoping we get a long run with Smith. I'm not sure there's a better fit out there for what WSU needs in a hoop's coach.

Reactions: taf88
Hoping we get a long run with Smith. I'm not sure there's a better fit out there for what WSU needs in a hoop's coach.

Of all the good fit coaches that have coached at WSU, or will coach at WSU, Smith has the best chance to stay about 9 to 17 years give or take 2,3,4 years.

His wife is from Chelan, WA, coug country. She went to WSU. She has family, roots in the area.

Smith likes, loves WSU. He is well enough paid. His Salary will allow him, his family to live like Kings, in Pullman area. He has the same freedom, support, etc, Leach had, from AD, Pres, Fans. He can have a bad year, and not be immediatly fired for like Les Miles, etc, like at other colleges. He has had success, and will continue to have success at WSU. He is capable of doing for WSU, what Don Monson, Mark Few did, has done, is doing for Gonzaga, and turning WSU into a Gonzaga. And just like Mark Few, he probably will stay for a while.

Everybody thought Gonzaga was a stepping stone job. Everybody thought that Mark Few would goto a Duke type after a few years at Gonzaga. Almost Nobody thought that Mark Few would stay at Gonzaga.

Smith is probably is at least semi likely to stay at worst.

Smith probably wont leave after 2,3,4, etc years. He probably will stay at least 6,7,8 years, at the minimum, 8, 9,10, years at average, 11,12,13, at likely highest, and 14,15,16, at best.

Smith probably likely to probably hand over a good program to a good coach at minimum.

Not only that, but Chun, Schultz, probably likely to be at WSU, for another 6 to 11 years, and probably be able to find a good coach to follow Smith.

Chun really did make the ultimate perfect hire, in hiring Smith.

Smith is not likely to pull a Bennet, Erickson, Raveling, Sampson, etc, and leave early.

But if for some strange reason that does happen, WSU will have a good program with Top players, and Chun will hire another great coach.

So I am not worried one bit about What if Smith leaves early.

And nobody should be worried.

Also were going to be enjoying the ride too much to be worried, except maybe, EL C.

Of all the good fit coaches that have coached at WSU, or will coach at WSU, Smith has the best chance to stay about 9 to 17 years give or take 2,3,4 years.

His wife is from Chelan, WA, coug country. She went to WSU. She has family, roots in the area.

Smith likes, loves WSU. He is well enough paid. His Salary will allow him, his family to live like Kings, in Pullman area. He has the same freedom, support, etc, Leach had, from AD, Pres, Fans. He can have a bad year, and not be immediatly fired for like Les Miles, etc, like at other colleges. He has had success, and will continue to have success at WSU. He is capable of doing for WSU, what Don Monson, Mark Few did, has done, is doing for Gonzaga, and turning WSU into a Gonzaga. And just like Mark Few, he probably will stay for a while.

Everybody thought Gonzaga was a stepping stone job. Everybody thought that Mark Few would goto a Duke type after a few years at Gonzaga. Almost Nobody thought that Mark Few would stay at Gonzaga.

Smith is probably is at least semi likely to stay at worst.

Smith probably wont leave after 2,3,4, etc years. He probably will stay at least 6,7,8 years, at the minimum, 8, 9,10, years at average, 11,12,13, at likely highest, and 14,15,16, at best.

Smith probably likely to probably hand over a good program to a good coach at minimum.

Not only that, but Chun, Schultz, probably likely to be at WSU, for another 6 to 11 years, and probably be able to find a good coach to follow Smith.

Chun really did make the ultimate perfect hire, in hiring Smith.

Smith is not likely to pull a Bennet, Erickson, Raveling, Sampson, etc, and leave early.

But if for some strange reason that does happen, WSU will have a good program with Top players, and Chun will hire another great coach.

So I am not worried one bit about What if Smith leaves early.

And nobody should be worried.

Also were going to be enjoying the ride too much to be worried, except maybe, EL C.
She’s from Manson

But there is, was, could have been, probably was 17% to 53% chance that she almost, could have, would have, wanted to go to WSU.

Reactions: taf88
What college is SMC? Never heard of it it before.
Saint Mary's College. Coach Smith was an assistant coach on Randy Bennett's staff. It was there Coach Smith met his wife, who was a player on the women's basketball team.

Saint Mary's College. Coach Smith was an assistant coach on Randy Bennett's staff. It was there Coach Smith met his wife, who was a player on the women's basketball team.

I've heard of Saint Mary's, and about Smith being a Assistant there and everything you mentioned except the meeting his wife there part.

I just haven't heard of SMC being used. Usually people use Saint Mary's instead of SMC.

Only time I heard SMC used was when the actor on Happy Day's used to endorse Specialty Merchandise(SMC) on a often aired infomercial.

I've heard of Saint Mary's, and about Smith being a Assistant there and everything you mentioned except the meeting his wife there part.

I just haven't heard of SMC being used. Usually people use Saint Mary's instead of SMC.

Only time I heard SMC used was when the actor on Happy Day's used to endorse Specialty Merchandise(SMC) on a often aired infomercial.
The actual name is Saint Mary's College of California. But, you are right, most people just say Saint Mary's.

The actual name is Saint Mary's College of California. But, you are right, most people just say Saint Mary's.

Probably typed it as such due to finding an old sweatshirt of mine this week from when I did my college visits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT