ADVERTISEMENT

Some random after game thoughts

grahamcoug

All Conference
Nov 26, 2013
Graham
New true freshmen who played- DE Lohrenz
True freshmen who played a second game- Watson, Hector, JDL, Pospisil, Hobert, James, Moon
Walk on who played a second game- McMurrin (lb), Thornton (lb),
Walk-ons playing their first game- Quinn Roff (edge), Boyle (Kicker on KO team)

Bazil had an attemp at RB but fumbled
The OL was a consistent 5 starters
The starting WR's are consistent with little depth of rotation behind them. Ollie played a few snaps at WR, I don't think Jackson played, Hobert and Pospisil play mostly on special teams.
The d-line continues to rotate a lot of bodies. Echeverria has worked his way into the two deeps, Lopez and James continue to get a few snaps, Mejia hasn't played yet.
At linebacker, Brown and Pladson rotate with Rogers, with Rogers getting a few more snaps than the others. Dillon Sherman didn't play.
Lots of rotation at DB, with Ross and Hector subbing for each other frequently. Langford didn't play, I didn't see Archie play either.

True freshmen who played a second game- Watson, Hector, JDL, Pospisil, Hobert, James, Moon

The starting WR's are consistent with little depth of rotation behind them. Ollie played a few snaps at WR, I don't think Jackson played, Hobert and Pospisil play mostly on special teams.
The d-line continues to rotate a lot of bodies. Echeverria has worked his way into the two deeps, Lopez and James continue to get a few snaps, Mejia hasn't played yet.
At linebacker, Brown and Pladson rotate with Rogers, with Rogers getting a few more snaps than the others. Dillon Sherman didn't play.
Lots of rotation at DB, with Ross and Hector subbing for each other frequently. Langford didn't play, I didn't see Archie play either.

Good recap.....couple notes if you are referring to Jaylen Watson (who is a stud) I believe he is a redshirt jr. The look on Bazils face as he was on the sidelines after the fumble.....dude looked scared, like deer in the headlights scared. Hoping he get some carries against the trees....we need him confident and ready to contribute when his number is called. I am really surprised we haven't seen more Travion Brown, is he hurt, not picking up the new schemes as quickly as the coaches need him to? The sooner slow, bad angle taking, arm tackling, painful to watch #37 is on the pine...the better IMO.

Good catch. I am up to my usual tricks- a mistake every time!

All good brother....wish "0" was a True fresh, would love to have him around for longer than 2 years. Speaking of 0's where is Patty Nunn? He started the season with 0 and has been nowhere to be seen. Doghouse, Portal, Injured? Is Moon Pie Ashby #49? I swear I saw him playing interior line on Saturday. Maybe it was AMIR MUJAHID who wears 48.

Quinn Roff....how could so may teams miss on this guy? He'd make an excellent TE as well. Can't wait to see him at 245-250

All good brother....wish "0" was a True fresh, would love to have him around for longer than 2 years. Speaking of 0's where is Patty Nunn? He started the season with 0 and has been nowhere to be seen. Doghouse, Portal, Injured? Is Moon Pie Ashby #49? I swear I saw him playing interior line on Saturday. Maybe it was AMIR MUJAHID who wears 48.

Nunn is sitting out. Watson is wearing 0.

Thanks...is he sitting/opting out due to Covid? If so, do we know of others who are opting out for the same reason?

I read somewhere that Nunn opted out. Whether that was due to Covid or other reasons is not something that I expect to ever know.

I saw ashby too. Man he is skinny compared some of the competition.

You probably figured this out, Ashby is #49.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT