ADVERTISEMENT

Something new from NWCF at NQ last night.

New head football coach Nic Rolovich and his wife made a significant donation to the Cougar Athletic Fund and several assistants pledged smaller amounts.

Refreshing.

That is pretty awesome. Any other thoughts/notes from the event? I am annoyed I wasn't able to be there.

Rolo is going to much more aligned with what his new bosses vision is.

Leach did whatever he wanted to do. He also gave money to the school, but didn't do it in dramatic fashion.

The Leach bitterness on this board is quite Amazing, Bizarre, & Very Traditionally Coug’Like in the end.

Equally weird are the amount of "reminder" posts about how great Leach was and how stupid we are for thinking that we'll ever be good without him.

Apart from a couple of trolls, I don't recall anyone on this site who was happy that Leach left. What has happened are some posters are now looking to the future, and pointing out areas that Leach and his staff weren't particularly good at. Hoping that we can build on the foundation that he left. Freshen the offense, revitalize recruiting, treat the job as a bigtime P5 opportunity and not a holding spot for a more coveted SEC post.

We should be forever grateful to Mike Leach for what he accomplished in Pullman and how he turned our program back around. At the same time, he should be forever grateful to WSU for getting him back in the P5 game. We paid him more money than we've ever paid a head coach, we left him alone and let Leach be Leach, we upgraded the facilities, and we WON. Another program would have eventually taken a chance on him, but who's to say it would have gone down the same way? Maybe he goes to Maryland and gets trampled by Big10 defenses? Maybe his QBs there aren't as good, or they get injured, and he limps to 6-6 or 5-7 finishes every year? He would have faced Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Michigan State every year in his division. That seems a bit more daunting than what he faced at WSU, with Oregon & Stanford programs that were declining. USC and UCLA tanking. The Arizona schools, OSU, Cal, and Colorado being mostly mediocre or worse. And Oregon State being awful.

Yes, WSU should be eternally thankful that Leach came to Pullman, but let's also never forget out how fantastically well WSU helped Leach at a time he desperately needed to prove what a great coach he is. Without his success at WSU, the SEC never comes a callin'. Maybe that happens at Maryland, maybe it doesn't.

Equally weird are the amount of "reminder" posts about how great Leach was and how stupid we are for thinking that we'll ever be good without him.

Apart from a couple of trolls, I don't recall anyone on this site who was happy that Leach left. What has happened are some posters are now looking to the future, and pointing out areas that Leach and his staff weren't particularly good at. Hoping that we can build on the foundation that he left. Freshen the offense, revitalize recruiting, treat the job as a bigtime P5 opportunity and not a holding spot for a more coveted SEC post.

We should be forever grateful to Mike Leach for what he accomplished in Pullman and how he turned our program back around. At the same time, he should be forever grateful to WSU for getting him back in the P5 game. We paid him more money than we've ever paid a head coach, we left him alone and let Leach be Leach, we upgraded the facilities, and we WON. Another program would have eventually taken a chance on him, but who's to say it would have gone down the same way? Maybe he goes to Maryland and gets trampled by Big10 defenses? Maybe his QBs there aren't as good, or they get injured, and he limps to 6-6 or 5-7 finishes every year? He would have faced Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Michigan State every year in his division. That seems a bit more daunting than what he faced at WSU, with Oregon & Stanford programs that were declining. USC and UCLA tanking. The Arizona schools, OSU, Cal, and Colorado being mostly mediocre or worse. And Oregon State being awful.

Yes, WSU should be eternally thankful that Leach came to Pullman, but let's also never forget out how fantastically well WSU helped Leach at a time he desperately needed to prove what a great coach he is. Without his success at WSU, the SEC never comes a callin'. Maybe that happens at Maryland, maybe it doesn't.

Even worse for Leach....what if he would have taken the KU job? They hired Weis once Leach was off the table and KU buried his coaching career. Poor f#ckers have gone 9-58 since they fired Charlie Weis in 2014.

Leach was a good employee who did his job and left for what he perceived as a better opportunity or fit for him at this stage in his career.

But that reality is construed as being 'bitter'.

I don't think Leach ever said anything about it, but I understood he gave a bit, too. As for the underlying issue, though, I could imagine him saying something like this: "So you're telling me I'm supposed to take money I get from my employer, after the government takes 40% of it, and then give it back to the employer? How does that make sense?"

Obviously there are optics issues and other things at play with donating to the CAF, and I'm glad Rolovich and his staff are doing it for numerous reasons ... but really, it all is in the same pot. Yeah, the CAF funds scholarships and other stuff, but to the extent it has a shortfall, the AD budget covers the shortfall (using, in essence, the same pot of money that pays Leach's salary), right? Maybe I just get Leach's logic on most things more than some people, even if I might act or speak much differently.

Leach was a good employee who did his job and left for what he perceived as a better opportunity or fit for him at this stage in his career.

But that reality is construed as being 'bitter'.

Repeated whines about how Leach didn't donate to the school could be construed as bitter.

I've been to quite a few of these things. Most of the coaches/ luminaries make a public donation, including CPW and CML.

Repeated whines about how Leach didn't donate to the school could be construed as bitter.

Go ahead and find those repetitions regarding Leach and any contribution. I’ll wait for those links.

To my knowledge this is the first and only inference. Now, you want to talk Bill Moos. All hat, no checky writey.

I've been to quite a few of these things. Most of the coaches/ luminaries make a public donation, including CPW and CML.

I'll stand corrected if necessary- but last night was the first time in the Spokane event where they raised the paddles. Apparently they have done that in Seattle for years.

Go ahead and find those repetitions regarding Leach and any contribution. I’ll wait for those links.

To my knowledge this is the first and only inference. Now, you want to talk Bill Moos. All hat, no checky writey.

How many times in this thread alone?

I'll stand corrected if necessary- but last night was the first time in the Spokane event where they raised the paddles.
Wonder why they've "raised the paddles" during Cougar functions in both Seattle and Portland over the years, but not Spokane?

Maybe the Spokane fan base is already carrying its weight in other ways?

I'll stand corrected if necessary- but last night was the first time in the Spokane event where they raised the paddles. Apparently they have done that in Seattle for years.

They have been doing paddle raises over there since the Wulff years, because there are actually money'd supporters over there.

Most of the deep pockets in Spokane are raising paddles at GU events, unfortunately.

They have been doing paddle raises over there since the Wulff years, because there are actually money'd supporters over there.

Most of the deep pockets in Spokane are raising paddles at GU events, unfortunately.

I’m pretty sure they raised the paddle the first year Leach was in Spokane but for some reason they stopped asking.

Chun is good at asking for money among other things.

Wonder why they've "raised the paddles" during Cougar functions in both Seattle and Portland over the years, but not Spokane?

Maybe Spokane fans won't even pony up for the paddles?

People are simply afraid to ask for money. They feel that people will be put out, for some reason. Its really the biggest aggravation for me about the CAF, and I've railed on it for years. "We don't want to squeeze our existing donor base, but we're not going to pound the ground and grow the base either. Now, leave me as I sit here with my thumb up my a$$ and wonder why WSU is dead last in giving..."

I'm hoping that Chun can bring in fundraisers that can move the needle, but I've seen nothing to that effect yet. That being said, the two (three?) large donations we've gotten over the past year are definitely groundbreaking.

Reactions: ATACFD
I’m pretty sure they raised the paddle the first year Leach was in Spokane but for some reason they stopped asking.

Chun is good at asking for money among other things.

That was the year I ended up teaching Coach Sal'avea how to drink bourbon....so kinda hazy on details of that evening.

He was drinking mai tais or some umbrella fruity concoctions up to that point.

And yes, Chun is very good at the ask for money. Not demanding the money.

Old Takes Exposed needs to save this thread.

Funny thing is, this popping off didn’t occur during the 11-2 season. Not until Leach left or went 6-7. Expect for CougEd & his nutty brother who were at least verbal about their Leach hating from Day 1.

“Traditional Cougs” are what Moos was always fighting against. This thread exposes them for who they really are.

Go Cougs
Go Rolo
Go Away Traditional Cougs

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR

Funny thing is, this popping off didn’t occur during the 11-2 season. Not until Leach left or went 6-7. Expect for CougEd & his nutty brother who were at least verbal about their Leach hating from Day 1.

“Traditional Cougs” are what Moos was always fighting against. This thread exposes them for who they really are.

Go Cougs
Go Rolo

Ummm...I didn't or don't hate Leach. Matter of fact I like him very much. Sorry you can't understand that. Moos was fighting against Cougs like you that withheld donations until they got a new coach.

Go Cougs
Go Rolo

Living in your head rent free I see.

Put away your knee pads for Leach. He's gone.

Had some good times. I liked Price better. Program is better of than when he found it...and he got paid accordingly. Time for you to move on and quit worrying about something I said 8 yrs ago

And there they are.........

Just Like Sun Fish with a shiny golden hook with no bait needed.

Leach owned you two dumbasses & I enjoyed the entire ride at the expense of you Brothers

Last edited:
Simply pointing out the new coaching staff already exceeds expectations and Pat Chun is killing it from this poster’s perspective.

I don't understand how donating money is exceeding expectations?

But I need to see more out of Chun. I know I'm the minority in that thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT