ADVERTISEMENT

Spokesman Article.....

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
...on McDougle for you freeloaders that can't read Scott's offering. Two things:

First, you can tell when the zags season is over, because the Spokesman rediscovers WSU Athletics.
Second, I'm not completely sure about this guy, given one of the quotes below from the article. Hey Lamonte - stay away from the frat boys. Sincerely, Champ Simmons. :rolleyes:

Think McDougle loves being a Cougar? The tips of his hair are now colored crimson, and he’s taken a special liking to the tight-knit student community in Pullman.
“It’s similar in a lot of ways, but I feel like it’s closer here,” he said, comparing WSU to WVU. “People are definitely friendlier here, and Greek Row’s pretty cool, and I like that. The students are pretty cool here.”

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/apr/04/after-redshirt-season-former-freshman-all-american/

...on McDougle for you freeloaders that can't read Scott's offering. Two things:

First, you can tell when the zags season is over, because the Spokesman rediscovers WSU Athletics.
Second, I'm not completely sure about this guy, given one of the quotes below from the article. Hey Lamonte - stay away from the frat boys. Sincerely, Champ Simmons. :rolleyes:

Think McDougle loves being a Cougar? The tips of his hair are now colored crimson, and he’s taken a special liking to the tight-knit student community in Pullman.
“It’s similar in a lot of ways, but I feel like it’s closer here,” he said, comparing WSU to WVU. “People are definitely friendlier here, and Greek Row’s pretty cool, and I like that. The students are pretty cool here.”

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/apr/04/after-redshirt-season-former-freshman-all-american/

Losing Champ was a tough one. Thanks for sharing with us freeloaders .

Odd...I lived with 7 football players in a fraternity which also had an assistant football coach as the chapter advisor.

They never had any problems on Greek Row. And Millard was at probably 60% of the parties held at our place. Zero incidents.

Basic life rule: Don't be a dick and people won't be dicks to you....

McDougle appears to have figured this out.

Odd...I lived with 7 football players in a fraternity which also had an assistant football coach as the chapter advisor.

They never had any problems on Greek Row. And Millard was at probably 60% of the parties held at our place. Zero incidents.

11—- when it comes to Millard and when he was on campus you are being way too kind. He was a neanderthal. While Eric Williams wasn’t nearly at the level of Millard he could be a real dick too.

Best ending was a player that was a bad human on campus, Junior Tupialo... and turned his life around.

No one was dicks to them .. they were just dicks.

Last edited:
Reactions: longtimecoug

Well that rule doesn't apply on this Board!!! Posters are dicks to me all the time and I never did nuthin'! :oops:

And I just put a black mark by your handle Observer. Frat Boy. Big 'ol XXX. :p

11—- when it comes to Millard and when he was on campus you are being way too kind. He was a neanderthal. While Eric Williams wasn’t nearly at the level of Millard he could be a real dick too.

Best ending was a player that was a bad human on campus, Junior Tupialo... and turned his life around.

Millard was a dick. I personally witnessed the fabled pizza incident

My paradigm offered the protection of 7 football players and an assistant coach. :)

Junior was an OK guy until he had a few of the barley pops....and then Katy bar the door because even 7 football players and an assistant coach couldn't help.

They all turned out ok, thank god.

So we know you don’t like freeloaders.
Also know you live on the west side of the state. I’m curious what your Spokesman’s Review subscription looks like? :):rolleyes::D

Are you the same SDCoug as the guy on brand X? :p

I freeload on the Spokesman website. Why not? It's all free. It annoys me when other papers (Pullman, Lewiston, Seattle) only give me like 2 articles a month for free. Really have to pick and choose which to read.

Are you the same SDCoug as the guy on brand X? :p

I freeload on the Spokesman website. Why not? It's all free. It annoys me when other papers (Pullman, Lewiston, Seattle) only give me like 2 articles a month for free. Really have to pick and choose which to read.

The private button is your friend.

Reactions: CrimsonDisciple
My paradigm offered the protection of 7 football players and an assistant coach. :)

Junior was an OK guy until he had a few of the barley pops....and then Katy bar the door because even 7 football players and an assistant coach couldn't help.

They all turned out ok, thank god.

Junior must have been drunk 24/7. I witnessed Millard tell an acquaintance leaving the Downunder he was not leaving a female patron. Millard said “you aren’t leaving with her”.

The person did, chased the kid around the parking lot , put the guy on his knees and started head butting the guy, it wasn’t until Williams and I think Blakeny pulled him off did he stop .

Last edited:
…. dimers at the Down Under … Things down there always got a lot more "interesting" when Millard and the boys showed up. I always got along well with Junior, but tried to avoid Millard and Company.

Reactions: Observer11
…. dimers at the Down Under … Things down there always got a lot more "interesting" when Millard and the boys showed up. I always got along well with Junior, but tried to avoid Millard and Company.

Went to a sorority dance once without benefit of my protectorates....Millard was there too. Spent the entire evening with my head on a swivel.

Roid rage was a thing.

Again, glad these cats appear to have settled down in old age.

The person did, chased the kid around the parking lot , put the guy on his knees and started head butting the guy, it wasn’t until Williams and I think Blakeny pulled him off did he stop .

He’s fortunate he never tried that with me. So is Biggs.

I had beer with Millard a couple times. He even bought. It's all how one approached others. Mostly. Now, Brent White, on the other hand ...

...First, you can tell when the zags season is over, because the Spokesman rediscovers WSU Athletics.

They sent Theo to the NCAA Tournament. Which pretty much leaves nobody else in the office to cover WSU. Their current staff of writers is basically nothing. Sadly.

They sent Theo to the NCAA Tournament. Which pretty much leaves nobody else in the office to cover WSU. Their current staff of writers is basically nothing. Sadly.

With Gonzaga out, the S-R needs to monitor Few's pilfering of other rosters while he's there.

I had beer with Millard a couple times. He even bought. It's all how one approached others. Mostly. Now, Brent White, on the other hand ...

I agree -- particularly the "mostly" part... There were times where you could be minding your own business and find yourself in a tough situation without initiating anything. I pretty much got along with all of them one-on-one, but when they were in a group the odds for trouble went up exponentially and it was a good time to go elsewhere for entertainment. Brent was always a wild card.

Given all that, I'll take those days in a second over barroom altercations now. Scuffles back then didn't result in stabbings or shootings.

Keith is/was a high strung guy and hardly Mr. Cool, Calm and Collected. At WSU he was convicted once of simple assault for instigating a fight at a frat. That's it. Had he done a 10th of what was claimed, like stealing a pizza from a delivery guy, by knocking him out, which half the nameless ramble at WSU claim they witnessed, that's strong armed robbery and aggravated assault, both felonies, Wally would thrown the F---ing book at him and he would have spent years in prison. Blakeney, a future FBI agent, didn't shoot at a crop duster, aka attempted 1st degree murder, either. Let's get real.

Keith wouldn't back down, he had a tough upbringing, but he didn't pick on or cheap shot anyone. A number of liquored up idiots tried to make a name from themselves by taking on one or more of "the trio," White, Beasley and Millard. Crazy as that seems. Fortunately, it was an era when guys were guys. You didn't act like an arsehole, then have the nerve to complain to the cops after you got your arse handed to you.

Keith is/was a high strung guy and hardly Mr. Cool, Calm and Collected. At WSU he was convicted once of simple assault for instigating a fight at a frat. That's it. Had he done a 10th of what was claimed, like stealing a pizza from a delivery guy, by knocking him out, which half the nameless ramble at WSU claim they witnessed, that's strong armed robbery and aggravated assault, both felonies, Wally would thrown the F---ing book at him and he would have spent years in prison. Blakeney, a future FBI agent, didn't shoot at a crop duster, aka attempted 1st degree murder, either. Let's get real.

Keith wouldn't back down, he had a tough upbringing, but he didn't pick on or cheap shot anyone. A number of liquored up idiots tried to make a name from themselves by taking on one or more of "the trio," White, Beasley and Millard. Crazy as that seems. Fortunately, it was an era when guys were guys. You didn't act like an arsehole, then have the nerve to complain to the cops after you got your arse handed to you.

SoCal I will call absolute bs. I knew the person at the DownUnder he was head butting. The guy he chased out in the parking lot didn’t pick a fight with him.

I was at the coug when Williams Millard came and Williams was sweating like a pig, walked up to a guy I was sitting with and wiped his face in his sleeve .

There other incidents just in the summer of 83 so Millard was far from the choir boy and he probably had 15 incidents or more . One he was prosecuted for .

I’m just glad we made it out of the 80’s. My kids would be appalled at how it used to be.

But it was awesome.
Yeah I'm surprised the body count nationwide wasn't higher, honestly. My turn was late '90s, and by then things had calmed down a fair bit. Yeah yeah riot yeah yeah, things were still less crazy by then

I’m just glad we made it out of the 80’s. My kids would be appalled at how it used to be.

But it was awesome.

I was there in the early 80's. Spent plenty of time at the Coug, dime beers at the Down Under, Barley and Hops, as well as Cap, Dispensary and Rat's in Moscow. Never crossed paths with any FB players, lucky I guess.

I have stories that I would not and will not tell anyone other than the guys (or girls) with me at those times. My kids would disown me. My employer would fire me. Reverend Smithy would punch me in the nose. Regret some of them, cherish others. It's a Coug thing. And agree, it was awesome.

SoCal I will call absolute bs. I knew the person at the DownUnder he was head butting. The guy he chased out in the parking lot didn’t pick a fight with him.

I was at the coug when Williams Millard came and Williams was sweating like a pig, walked up to a guy I was sitting with and wiped his face in his sleeve .

There other incidents just in the summer of 83 so Millard was far from the choir boy and he probably had 15 incidents or more. One he was prosecuted for .

Any remote proof like a police report? Of course not. Having "witnessed" a Keith Millard bad deed is the WSU equivalent to claiming you witnessed Babe Ruth's "called shot." It is called folklore. Pizza guy, crop duster shooting, didn't happen, complete fabrications. As for your Summer 1983 claims... interesting. You mean the summer Millard spent his time either in jail, doing community service or was otherwise being supervised on probation... any slip up, even going out drinking, leading to serious jail time? Please...

Any remote proof like a police report? Of course not. Having "witnessed" a Keith Millard bad deed is the WSU equivalent to claiming you witnessed Babe Ruth's "called shot." It is called folklore. Pizza guy, crop duster shooting, didn't happen, complete fabrications. As for your Summer 1983 claims... interesting. You mean the summer Millard spent his time either in jail, doing community service or was otherwise being supervised on probation... any slip up, even going out drinking, leading to serious jail time? Please...
it happened, i saw it in the lobby of streit perham while waiting for a MR Jones sandwich from karl marx pizza

You are full of crap. The incident in the parking lot was in the spring. Millard was not in jail when he walked into the Coug with Williams. A matter of fact if you really want to know the truth about the incident at the Coug I was there with a close friend who would become the son in law of Millard and Williams position coach.

There are multiple witness in the spring encounter with Millard in the parking lot at the downunder . You don’t even know why Millard chased Pete around the parking lot and then head butted him.

You really think this behavior is folklore? It was just never reported to the police. Yeah I see your point Millard didn’t have a temper and the “my guns (arms) are more powerful than yours” declaration to the police never happened in Minnesota .

Last edited:
In the 1980s Jim Walden kept more guilty people out of jail then both Carl Maxey and F Lee Bailey.

Dont believe it? It is in his book.

Also sprung the "Doba ate my home work" culture when these guys went into coaching. Never had to take responsibility for their own actions before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT