ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Football

CougInSpain

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2009
As a new OC comes in, its time to let the QB's compete for their job. Cam Ward was brilliant at times and at other times absolutely infuriating. He was so Jekyll and Hyde with his play that it became unbearable to watch especially in the bowl game. I understand that we had a lot of opt-outs, portal casualties and our OC took off, but it was just too damn ugly. We need to bring in a Portal QB and let Ward, Mateer and whoever else they bring in duke it out to be the #1.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
WSU has a history of playing poorly in Bowl games, don't know why, but not usually their best effort, maybe it's the apple cup hangover, where they also perform below expectations. Ward had to a make a huge adjustment coming over from FCS, at times he looked great other times he didn't. If the Cougs had a consistent running game it would have taken some pressure off. As for the Bowl game he did not play well, however the protection was poor, and the receivers that were in the game did not get much if any separation. Regardless of who the QB is, they really need help at the WR position and OL, or the QB play, whoever it is, won't look much better, and I hope they pick up at least 2-3 WR and OL with some experience through the portal.

WSU has a history of playing poorly in Bowl games, don't know why, but not usually their best effort, maybe it's the apple cup hangover, where they also perform below expectations. Ward had to a make a huge adjustment coming over from FCS, at times he looked great other times he didn't. If the Cougs had a consistent running game it would have taken some pressure off. As for the Bowl game he did not play well, however the protection was poor, and the receivers that were in the game did not get much if any separation. Regardless of who the QB is, they really need help at the WR position and OL, or the QB play, whoever it is, won't look much better, and I hope they pick up at least 2-3 WR and OL with some experience through the portal.

Body language was telling from Ward. Wish he had better leadership qualities but eh. I want Mateer to get a fair shake.

I won't give you that.

We were just fine in 1988, 1992, 1994, 1997, 2001, 2003, 2015, & 2018.

I don't think we were "horrible" in 1981.

We played bad in 2002, 2016, 2017, 2019.

Kids quitting early made the last 2 years FAKE games as far as I'm concerned

I won't give you that.

We were just fine in 1988, 1992, 1994, 1997, 2001, 2003, 2015, & 2018.

I don't think we were "horrible" in 1981.

We played bad in 2002, 2016, 2017, 2019.

Kids quitting early made the last 2 years FAKE games as far as I'm concerned
OK, Make it recent bowl games 3-7 in last 10 bowl games. and we were favored in most of the ones we lost.

The biggest challenge last season was Ward had lanes to run and didn't. I think they need to coach him to use his legs more.

We also didn't do ANYTHING over the middle in terms of mesh concepts or giving him more throwing options.

I'm excited to see what the offensive wrinkles will look like.

The biggest challenge last season was Ward had lanes to run and didn't. I think they need to coach him to use his legs more.

We also didn't do ANYTHING over the middle in terms of mesh concepts or giving him more throwing options.

I'm excited to see what the offensive wrinkles will look like.
Arbuckle offered Joey Beljan, who was a TE at Western Kentucky. He actually had two stud TE's at WKU but one went to South Carolina I think. Beljan would be a good get and already knows Arbuckle's system.

OK, Make it recent bowl games 3-7 in last 10 bowl games. and we were favored in most of the ones we lost.
You're really going to count the last 2 bowl games with the # of guys sitting out who needed to get their balls waxed?

Dare I say schanningans?

ADVERTISEMENT