ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice

So I’m guessing nobody else knows when it starts as well 😁. I can’t find a thing about it.

Meanwhile, the Griz are in the heat of their spring practices and have two unofficial games scheduled. It’s all a little strange.

So I’m guessing nobody else knows when it starts as well 😁. I can’t find a thing about it.

Meanwhile, the Griz are in the heat of their spring practices and have two unofficial games scheduled. It’s all a little strange.
Volleyball and soccer both had to pause in the last few weeks due to COVID cases. Not difficult to assume that the same happened to football.

Reactions: SDCoug

Missoula is in the North Idaho/Montana corridor where Covid does not exist.

Reactions: Coug90
I just read that Idaho panhandle health district was rescinding their face coverings mandate. That’s like like New Orleans police saying they will no longer ticket you for public drunkenness in the French Quarter.

Well, sometimes you have to accept reality. Ticketing people for not wearing a mask would be like trying to catch raindrops in downpour. Sure, you'll get some but mostly you'll just get hit in the face.

I live in PF, work in Spokane. I'm like a barn sour horse every day at 5. Can't wait to get home...

Reactions: justinbgocougs
I just read that Idaho panhandle health district was rescinding their face coverings mandate. That’s like like New Orleans police saying they will no longer ticket you for public drunkenness in the French Quarter.

Coug, I will plagiarize this at some point. Too good a line to pass up! Can be used in many situations. I just hope I can remember it.

As for the no mask/covid free zone noted in this thread, my entire extended family in Moscow (over 20 of them, all together) have had covid. They all went to the same church. They all got it. They were fortunate enough to get through it with minimal issues. But the congregation lost several older folks. Too tender a subject for me to bring up with them, since by now they all know that the deliberate communal behavior cut the lives of others short. Your comment about the panhandle health district was all too true, and you have to sympathize with the police who have tried to enforce rules that others openly defied...for what ever unfortunate reasons. I had one friend in law enforcement explain to me that being a N Idaho police officer trying to enforce covid rules was like being an LA police officer trying to enforce rules regarding the homeless. You need a mix of mental health experts and police. You can't expect police officers to be either psychologists or sociologists, and that is what was necessary over the past year with the irrational angry ones...whether the maskless N Idaho folks or the LA homeless.

Coug, I will plagiarize this at some point. Too good a line to pass up! Can be used in many situations. I just hope I can remember it.

As for the no mask/covid free zone noted in this thread, my entire extended family in Moscow (over 20 of them, all together) have had covid. They all went to the same church. They all got it. They were fortunate enough to get through it with minimal issues. But the congregation lost several older folks. Too tender a subject for me to bring up with them, since by now they all know that the deliberate communal behavior cut the lives of others short. Your comment about the panhandle health district was all too true, and you have to sympathize with the police who have tried to enforce rules that others openly defied...for what ever unfortunate reasons. I had one friend in law enforcement explain to me that being a N Idaho police officer trying to enforce covid rules was like being an LA police officer trying to enforce rules regarding the homeless. You need a mix of mental health experts and police. You can't expect police officers to be either psychologists or sociologists, and that is what was necessary over the past year with the irrational angry ones...whether the maskless N Idaho folks or the LA homeless.
Deepest sympathy to those who passed, but... why didn't they stay home? Why is it the responsibility of every other healthy young adult to quarantine themselves so that the vulnerable don't get sick? My gma in her 80s has left the house maybe 6 times over the past year - she's old and has COPD and has decided that the risk isn't worth it. I'm specifically referring to the risk of death.

Masking up and staying home to prevent the spread is a different topic.

Glad my thread is now turning into another Covid shit show.

Has spring practice even been scheduled. Was it scheduled then moved? Anyone know anything about what the f#ck is going on with our football team and what we should expect this spring, summer, and fall? I can’t find a damn thing through the athletic department except that we’ve determined when homecoming, etc. is.

Sorry for the rant but if I wanted to hear more endless and repetitive debate about Covid I’d go down to the local diner, or just about anywhere other than here!

Glad my thread is now turning into another Covid shit show.

Has spring practice even been scheduled. Was it scheduled then moved? Anyone know anything about what the f#ck is going on with our football team and what we should expect this spring, summer, and fall? I can’t find a damn thing through the athletic department except that we’ve determined when homecoming, etc. is.

Sorry for the rant but if I wanted to hear more endless and repetitive debate about Covid I’d go down to the local diner, or just about anywhere other than here!

Why would we announce spring practice? We are too busy hiring strength and conditioning coaches with awesome mustaches. Not like the Oregon S&C guy with the mustache though. We mock that guy.

No announcement has been made on spring football. Maybe half the team has Covid. Maybe they are opting out. Maybe it's cancelled. We don't know. This is fine, but if the players don't know (which seems to be the case given the lack of buzz from players on social media) that's a problem. In uncertainty it's critical to keep things as predictable as possible for the mental health of your players. Putting a schedule together and practicing with the guys you have seems superior to keeping everyone in limbo.

Whitman county had almost 500 cases in the first 3 weeks of March. That’s about 12% of their total case count since the beginning. Somewhere close to half of those 500 were WSU students. Soccer paused due to COVID early in the month.

If I were a betting man, I’d say that there were some social events around campus, including athletes, and football has been included in the recent outbreak. That addresses why they haven’t already started. The reason they haven’t announced a plan is that due to that outbreak (and depending on whether it’s continued over the past week), it’s questionable whether Whitman county will stay in Phase 3.

"Doba virus" causes Cal Poly to cancel the season after 62-10 loss by Beau Waldwin & Wulff to EWU.

Can't say they inherited "drug riddled mess" because that is a feature, not a bug at Cal Poly

Wulff4.jpg

Reactions: dgibbons
Whitman county had almost 500 cases in the first 3 weeks of March. That’s about 12% of their total case count since the beginning. Somewhere close to half of those 500 were WSU students. Soccer paused due to COVID early in the month.

If I were a betting man, I’d say that there were some social events around campus, including athletes, and football has been included in the recent outbreak. That addresses why they haven’t already started. The reason they haven’t announced a plan is that due to that outbreak (and depending on whether it’s continued over the past week), it’s questionable whether Whitman county will stay in Phase 3.
It doesn't explain all the secrecy.

Not only that, I don't think the rest of the P12 is having spring practices either.

Its just curious that it hasn't been mentioned anywhere by anyone with authority or in the know - what is the plan for spring ball across the conference?

Reactions: SDCoug
It doesn't explain all the secrecy.

Not only that, I don't think the rest of the P12 is having spring practices either.

Its just curious that it hasn't been mentioned anywhere by anyone with authority or in the know - what is the plan for spring ball across the conference?
Exactly. I posted the question because I thought senility was setting in for me. Figured one of you would chime in and call me lazy for not looking it up but at least I’d have an answer. Had no idea that this was a conference wide issue. Is this Larry’s last FU to all of us?

WSU just confirmed 67 student cases yesterday.

Is someone running a kissing booth up there? I don't get it - allegedly no one is on campus and those who are are remote learning, so again - is someone running a kissing booth while having the sniffles? (Last I read asymptomatic carriers aren't contageous... but who knows.)

WSU just confirmed 67 student cases yesterday.

Is someone running a kissing booth up there? I don't get it - allegedly no one is on campus and those who are are remote learning, so again - is someone running a kissing booth while having the sniffles? (Last I read asymptomatic carriers aren't contageous... but who knows.)
Parties every week. Big ones.

Honestly, kinda glad.
I'm still somewhat amazed that my freshman (can I still use that word?) daughter hasn't come down with it yet. But then again, maybe she has and never knew it?

79, that is certainly possible. Been a lot of people (especially kids) in that boat. Fully contagious, regardless of symptoms, so it spreads far and wide without anyone knowing until it hits someone who has a reaction. A lot of college kids who get it are not even sure when they were exposed, for that very reason.

More than one way to spread herd immunity.

Certain posters with daughters at WSU right now also should be aware May 8 is just around the corner.

You’re welcome.
Haha...gee, thanks for the reminder.
Fortunately on the 8th I'll be helping her move out of her dorm 😁

I'm still somewhat amazed that my freshman (can I still use that word?) daughter hasn't come down with it yet. But then again, maybe she has and never knew it?
79...my daughter got it. Only way she knew was she was flying home for Easter and she just wanted to make us feel comfortable because she is in covid central. She went and got the test and she had to spend a week in isolation.

Good advice. Perhaps I'll surprise her the day before...
I’m headed to Pullman that weekend as well. My son is staying through summer so I’m using “help him move” as an excuse to get to Pullman. Now I have extra motivation for the trip!

Wait, that’s doesn’t sound right. Please have your clothes on if we run into each other 😬

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT