ADVERTISEMENT

Story: Cougs win Game 2 of Italy Trip

One wonders what the quality of the opposition has been ? It looks like Flynn is already contributing. However Ergas seems to have little production and scarce minutes

I am sure it isn't high quality competition, but I still think it is impressive that Flynn is off to a good start. Only other new comer mentioned is the JC soph Langston, who was close to double figures each game. Havent heard anything about Acquaah or Pollard yet.

I am sure it isn't high quality competition, but I still think it is impressive that Flynn is off to a good start. Only other new comer mentioned is the JC soph Langston, who was close to double figures each game. Havent heard anything about Acquaah or Pollard yet.

I think Acquaah is injured. The official site has a photo of him on crutches ...(yes, Leach must be aghast, especially since he controls the WSU athletic department).

I think Acquaah is injured. The official site has a photo of him on crutches ...(yes, Leach must be aghast, especially since he controls the WSU athletic department).
Saw the photo on crutches as well but haven't seen anything on it. Hope he can go this year.

I didn't know, but apparently Acquaah was injured during his senior season. Not sure the extent or whether it is related to his being on crutches now.

Brandx says a knee injury but should be back for the start of the season. We will see.

Cougs ended up 3-2 on the trip. In game 5 they started all youngsters in a 114-109 loss. Only senior who played more than 15 minutes was Ike. Flynn had 15 points 11 assists. Franks scored 21 and Pollard had 18. Ergos also started.

One of the main reasons for the games was to give the newcomers experience and to see how they did in game conditions

Not sure what kind of competition they faced but I'm feeling very good about the role of Flynn for this year and in the future.

Not sure what kind of competition they faced but I'm feeling very good about the role of Flynn for this year and in the future.
I questioned whether Flynn had the physical ability for the Pac 12 and I still wonder whether he can guard at this level but have to give him credit for a nice trip. I guess he had a tough time shooting deep but not a concern at this point.

Sounds like the assessment that he has a higher ceiling than Daniels Is pretty accurate at this point.

Flynn is supposed to be a great shooter. His shooting percentages were great during his high school play. I wonder if they use a different ball in international Play?Anyone who has played the game knows that all basketballs feel a little different.I am somewhat encouraged by their play overseas. We will not know their ability at least until their first live scrimmage before the coug fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT