ADVERTISEMENT

Story: DT Lamonte McDougle transferring to WSU

Just what the doctor ordered, this kicks ass! What was looking like a weakness is starting to look like a strength with 2 new 300 pound hogs, and I’m more than confident Phelps will have these guys bustin’ heads in no time.

Last edited:
Reactions: froropmkr72
This is really cool. Needed an influx of talent up front. Anyone know for sure if he’s gotta sit a year? Would be nice if he could lace em up in the fall.

Unless he is granted a waiver by the NCAA, he will have to sit out a year. WSU may apply for one, since that seems to be standard procedure nowadays.

Scott, aren't these waivers granted only in exceptional cases? i.e. family matters requiring a move closer to home and the like. My limited understanding is that the appeals may be routine but the grants are not.

Huge get! Wanted him badly the first time around. He had some sort of shoulder injury which is a concern so I remember hearing he was out for next year anyway and does have to sit a transfer year.

Didn’t think about the sitting out part—crap if he does.
Yep, unless released by West Virginia and the NCAA is O.K. with it then we won't see him until next year's squad. WVU may not be a problem as CML can put in a friendly request to his old player and colleague, Holgorsen, and WVU has no conflict of interest football-wise with us. Still nice even if the NCAA denies us and we have to be patient. We certainly do need quality DLs like they vote in Chicago- early and often.

Huge get! Wanted him badly the first time around. He had some sort of shoulder injury which is a concern so I remember hearing he was out for next year anyway and does have to sit a transfer year.
O.K., that does it about this Fall's schedule for the young man. Did not know or forgot about the shoulder injury. Now it should be up to the NCAA whether or not he gets tuition and access to our athletic medicine guys during his medical red-shirt year. Thanks for the information.

This transfer must be proof that there is somebody on the East Coast watching the Pac 12 Network late games.

Reactions: dgibbons
O.K., that does it about this Fall's schedule for the young man. Did not know or forgot about the shoulder injury. Now it should be up to the NCAA whether or not he gets tuition and access to our athletic medicine guys during his medical red-shirt year. Thanks for the information.
What I'm wondering is how he fits with the Chad Davis, Jr. singing? I thought we were down to 1 for 2018 unless Davis is a walk-on. McDougal will still have the same access as any player taking a redshirt. Hope he is ready by spring.

What I'm wondering is how he fits with the Chad Davis, Jr. singing? I thought we were down to 1 for 2018 unless Davis is a walk-on. McDougal will still have the same access as any player taking a redshirt. Hope he is ready by spring.
A couple of possibilities. One, there was a kid who didn't make it score wise and won't be coming in the fall. Two, Davis comes in at semester. Did Lamonte say what he didn't like about WVU?

Really happy about this. McDougle was somebody I wanted above most others the first time around. Glad he's coming to Pullman!

Glad Cougar

A couple of possibilities. One, there was a kid who didn't make it score wise and won't be coming in the fall. Two, Davis comes in at semester. Did Lamonte say what he didn't like about WVU?
Remember he indicated he wanted more opportunities to rush the QB so some sort of utilization deal. I would still assume even if true there was more to the story.
Really happy about this. McDougle was somebody I wanted above most others the first time around. Glad he's coming to Pullman!

Glad Cougar
He was the one guy I held out hope could be turned back around. Would have been great to have him last year but a two year wait isn't a bad deal either.

Huge. Huge huge 'yuge! One or two kids in this coming class that could legitimately play DT as well and that spot on the roster is patched. This year might still be interesting, but I still expect Lamonte to be starting or rotating in a lot beginning next season. In the meantime there's the training table, conditioning, practice, and classwork to do.

Don't forget Ahmir Crowder as a possible NT too. He's already at 280 and he has the frame to pack on more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT