ADVERTISEMENT

Story: Leachs rips 'inaccurate' media reports of party incident during teleconference

He seemed pretty confident in his position. We'll see if any criminal or civil charges are brought.

In my part of the Country (Texas) this would be good news.

However, I don't get that feeling here.

Strange............

well, he's circling the wagons.....not the best way to handle this
i would assume that he has more facts than you do, it is apparent that you have made your judgement based on sketchy media reports and flimsy video's

Nothing credible has come about publicly that suggests it was an actual football player that caused this injury, so let's not break out the Jump to Conclusions mat, just yet.
Who was the kid in the video that decked some kid?

Mike Leach held a preseason camp preview teleconference Friday afternoon and it was lively, to say the least.

Story: https://washingtonstate.rivals.com/...eports-of-incident-says-dismissals-not-likely

If CML says this was overblown then I believe him - and everybody else needs to as well. His integrity is above reproach, and he does not need to sweep some freshmen's misdeeds under the rug to have a good team.

If it comes out that a player did indeed kick the victim, then I believe CML (and the cops/prosecutor) will proceed accordingly. Based on the day-after picture of the victim from another thread, we know this was not a "drag him to the curb and kick his teeth in" type of injury. Not condoning it by any means.

Could it be that the assaulter was not a FB player at all - perhaps a friend that "looked" like one?

If CML says this was overblown then I believe him - and everybody else needs to as well. His integrity is above reproach, and he does not need to sweep some freshmen's misdeeds under the rug to have a good team.

If it comes out that a player did indeed kick the victim, then I believe CML (and the cops/prosecutor) will proceed accordingly. Based on the day-after picture of the victim from another thread, we know this was not a "drag him to the curb and kick his teeth in" type of injury. Not condoning it by any means.

Could it be that the assaulter was not a FB player at all - perhaps a friend that "looked" like one?

Loyal, I guess the question is do we really know? Mike Leach is a brilliant coach, and he is brilliant in hiring people who know how to keep things internal.

Was it three years ago D Brown was accused of hitting a girl? Leach went on to say to say it was blown out of proportion. The way it was presented that Brown got in a fight, swung and somehow the girl jumped in the fray and received the blow. He didn't miss a game for the incident and then low and behold the following spring he did something else and got booted. Do you know why he was booted? Do you know what Calvin Green did? The point being is all of these things are kept in house.

And the problem is there is a video. It is easy to make fun of Keith Millard (and so you don't read this as a Leach thing, Walden was extremely lenient) because no one saw him on video. Plausible deniability. If the kid in the video is a football player and isn't suspended then there is a problem. That kid wasn't provoked. He swung and decked a kid. His only offense wasn't that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. His offense was that he was on tape caught decking a person that wasn't coming after him.

Loyal, I guess the question is do we really know? Mike Leach is a brilliant coach, and he is brilliant in hiring people who know how to keep things internal.

Was it three years ago D Brown was accused of hitting a girl? Leach went on to say to say it was blown out of proportion. The way it was presented that Brown got in a fight, swung and somehow the girl jumped in the fray and received the blow. He didn't miss a game for the incident and then low and behold the following spring he did something else and got booted. Do you know why he was booted? Do you know what Calvin Green did? The point being is all of these things are kept in house.

And the problem is there is a video. It is easy to make fun of Keith Millard (and so you don't read this as a Leach thing, Walden was extremely lenient) because no one saw him on video. Plausible deniability. If the kid in the video is a football player and isn't suspended then there is a problem. That kid wasn't provoked. He swung and decked a kid. His only offense wasn't that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. His offense was that he was on tape caught decking a person that wasn't coming after him.

Perhaps, but what we do not know is anything that happened previous or after. It seems strange to state that nothing provoked the hit whether it was a football player or not. We simply do not have that information. Is any provocation justifiable? To you or me it probably would not be, but how many stupid things would have been provocation enough at that age?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT