ADVERTISEMENT

Story: MInshew and Harris honored by Pac-12

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
Minshew is the Offensive Player of the Week.

Harris is the Special Teams Player of the Week

Story: https://washingtonstate.rivals.com/news/minshew-harris-honored-by-pac-12

DnUZE1VU4AAIHg-.jpg

DnUYiNEVsAgsI-Y.jpg

Last edited:
Great news!

So I never saw Napoleon Dynamite so wasn't getting the "Uncle Rico" thing with Minshew.

I get it now, but that is so unfair to him. Since he's from Mississippi, I'm thinking a younger, more manly version of Jon Voight in Deliverance.

Hah, LC. That's so bizarre that you mention "Deliverance". I pulled out the DVD of that movie last night, without seeing your post, and watched it for the first time in decades. I can see the Voigt-Minshew connection clearly. Yeah, the character "Ed" ended up being much more macho than even Burt Reynolds (RIP).

Glad Cougar

So I never saw Napoleon Dynamite so wasn't getting the "Uncle Rico" thing with Minshew.

I get it now, but that is so unfair to him. Since he's from Mississippi, I'm thinking a younger, more manly version of Jon Voight in Deliverance.

Minshew has chosen to have a mustache and wear a headband. If he didn't want to have the comparison drawn, a razor and a haircut would end that comparison. I can't help but think that he loves the comparison and is embracing the hell out of it. Heck, when I talk about running in high school, I now say, " I could run over them mountains in under 12 minutes" just because it's funny (to me anyway).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT