ADVERTISEMENT

Story: Part 1 of 2018 Baseball Preview (+ Video)

One hopes that the 2017 PAC 12 conference record of 10-20 .333 winning percentage is improved.The money spent on the program will be suspect until they can improve their play.

One hopes that the 2017 PAC 12 conference record of 10-20 .333 winning percentage is improved.The money spent on the program will be suspect until they can improve their play.

El, you do realize that there are certain minimum requirements for NCAA membership, correct? (See link below) One of them is the requirement to have 6 men's sports, which we do. I suppose we could drop baseball for men's water polo, but I doubt that would fly very far, given WSU's long and storied history in baseball. We actually only have 15 sports total instead of the required 16, but we must have met some waiver criteria. I didn't look that hard.

I don't think anyone believes that we spend excessively on baseball. Do you? But we have to spend something. There are various other scholarship, etc requirements for the sports that make you have some standard of competitiveness. We can't just the sign up a team of walkons and play 10 games a year.

If you want to argue that we should not increase spending or facilities on baseball you are entitled to your opinion. But you seem to be saying that we dhould just drop the program or spend peanuts. Neither of which is an option. Also, I think the last Bailey-Brayton improvements were paid mostly if not completely by former ballplayers, so it is not as if there is no support out there.

If you want to complain about results vs spending, there is a board called the Beasley Baseline on this site :rolleyes:.

https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/bylawView?id=32876

I thought that they can just use the local HS field for the team. The record of the baseball team speaks for itself

Obviously this comes from a baseball fan but ElC, you need to ease up if your going to bring up money. Golf?!?!?! Women's basketball?!?!?! Women's Soccer?!?!? TRACK AND FIELD?! If you want to use money as ANY gauge, recognize we need to get rid of every sport, except football and for WSU, that probably depends on the year/decade... Now you're just spouting without any logic.

EDIT: BTW, love that new hat coach has on. Gotta get me one of those.

I am just pulling your guys leg. I do not like baseball but understand that others do. The monies allocated for baseball are already spoken for

Reactions: Coug95man2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT