ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Baseball Final: Cal 11, Cougs 5

I am not too surprised by the baseball team's performance this year. We had a new staff and the upheaval and turmoil that such change brings. That was combined with an amazingly young roster trying to adapt to college ball. Thus the performance was erratic and unpredictable although most likely expected to be generally unsuccessful. From my view that is pretty much what I expected and what I saw. An erratic and struggling team trying to get its feet beneath it.

One aspect of this is the coaching staff. They looked to me to be doing a fine job. I do not know if I "expected" them to do well. Perhaps "hope" is a better word. I hoped that they would perform in actuality similar to what their resumes indicated their abilities to be.

I guess that I didn't know what to expect. That said, an unpredictable and struggling team playing aggressive ball and working toward improvement while guided by a knowledgeable staff suits me just fine. What I wanted is hope for the future. I got it.

Question: do my fellow Wazzu fans believe the season was below or above expectations?
I agree with Kayak, completely. With such change and upheaval that team went through, I wasn't expecting too much. I don't say that, saying I expected 2 wins, as an example. I'm just saying I was going into the season with a "It is, what it is" mentality. I liked how Coach Lees kept it aggressive.

I'm OK with the season. I look forward to some of those young'uns stepping up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT