ADVERTISEMENT

Talked to a Coug last night...

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
...down here in YakiVegas about our Athletics train wreck. At least he had a Coug jacket on. He had a little knowledge on recent events. A little. Most I run into don't follow the Cougs for shit.

Curious if there is much for grassroots interaction or communication out there. Alumni Chapter meetings? As an aside, I see that we have 19 employees in Alumni Relations now (not to be sexist, but 18 women and one young guy). WAY more than we had when I was in Pullman - it was more like 10 under Pavish, although he always bitched about needing more staff. The Exec Director is a decent gal, but not strong. A far, far cry from Keith Lincoln and Tim Pavish. We have 3 staff with the titles of
Alumni Engagement". Anybody been engaged lately? The Chapter pages look old and in desrepair. The Yakima/Kittitas Chapter? Chapter Prez does frequent Facebook posts (good for her :) ), but that's about it. I'm a Life member and have seen nor heard nothing for the AA for at least 5 years if not more.

Anyway, other than this board (and Brand X and Y), I don't think anyone out the is paying attention, let alone screaming and yelling en masse. Meanwhile, Nero (Schulz) fiddles, and Anne and others bring grapes.

Edit - See ya Loogie, we barely knew ya....

Last edited:
...down here in YakiVegas about our Athletics train wreck. At least he had a Coug jacket on. He had a little knowledge on recent events. A little. Most I run into don't follow the Cougs for shit.

Curious if there is much for grassroots interaction or communication out there. Alumni Chapter meetings? As an aside, I see that we have 19 employees in Alumni Relations now (not to be sexist, but 18 women and one young guy). WAY more than we had when I was in Pullman - it was more like 10 under Pavish, although he always bitched about needing more staff. The Exec Director is a decent gal, but not strong. A far, far cry from Keith Lincoln and Tim Pavish. We have 3 staff with the titles of
Alumni Engagement". Anybody been engaged lately? The Chapter pages look old and in desrepair. The Yakima/Kittitas Chapter? Chapter Prez does frequent Facebook posts (good for her :) ), but that's about it. I'm a Life member and have seen nor heard nothing for the AA for at least 5 years if not more.

Anyway, other than this board (and Brand X and Y), I don't think anyone out the is paying attention, let alone screaming and yelling en masse. Meanwhile, Nero (Schulz) fiddles, and Anne and others bring grapes.

Loyal, have you tried Brand Z (aka Die Hard Cougs)?

They've got something like 30,000 members. Probably a lot of community engagement with that many fans involved

Loyal, have you tried Brand Z (aka Die Hard Cougs)?

They've got something like 30,000 members. Probably a lot of community engagement with that many fans involved

You think we have some idiots here? 30,000 members means that there are some interesting thoughts every once in a while. My favorite right now is the obnoxious young bro who is just stumbling through life unaware of what a twit that he is.

You think we have some idiots here? 30,000 members means that there are some interesting thoughts every once in a while. My favorite right now is the obnoxious young bro who is just stumbling through life unaware of what a twit that he is.
Gawd am I desperate enough to go over to that shitshow? That's on Facebook, right? I'll see if my never-used account still works.

Zero engagement. Haven’t received a call from anyone in years. I get occasional e-mails offering travel deals that I can beat pretty easily booking myself.
No fundraising (what ever happened to Call-a-Coug?), no messages, nothing. WSU marketing in general and athletic marketing in particular has really withered. Haven’t really seen any kind of consistent effort since Sterk, at least.

Was somewhat decent here in Spokanistan under Moos-- really hit or miss since.

When I was younger, I was more involved with the athletic department, but I got tired of dealing with folks who weren't interested in change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT